MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » FEDOR Signs
Next Page »
griffinisback
10/4/07 4:36:26PM
but not with the UFC

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/story/2007/10/4/145710/048
TNunley
10/4/07 4:40:41PM
If that's true... you will receive props. But judging from the fact that it came from TAGG radio... not so sure. How many times have their rumors ever turned out true?
NatedawgThaM
10/4/07 4:42:20PM
For My Lazy Peeps

I pray to god this ain't true. Not another freakin Denis Khang move. Another GREAT fighter wasting his talent against bums in some unknown place
JimiMak
10/4/07 4:57:55PM
Doubt it
fedorwins1
10/4/07 5:02:01PM
If it came from TAGG radio then most likely it's not true.
pv3Hpv3p
10/4/07 5:04:48PM
Trigg's a numskull... I would think a reputable source would come out with this info before Tagg would... But I guess who knows... It'd be a damn shame, but I'll hold off believing this untill it's coroborated elsewhere...

Thanks for the info though
Trapt1nw0nder
10/4/07 5:12:41PM
The recent dominations of CroCop's scared him off the UFC....

Lame..

a picture of his face will officially go on my dart board if this is true..
LightsOut33093
10/4/07 6:00:40PM
I dont't even know what M-1 is.
TNunley
10/4/07 6:04:00PM

Posted by LightsOut33093

I dont't even know what M-1 is.

M-1 Website

It's obviously in Russian so you won't be able to read it (unless you can read Russian), but it gives you an idea. It's where AA started his MMA career.
theman5050
10/4/07 6:19:12PM
I was reading somewhere i forget where that after fedors sambo thing is like december or whenever he was a lock to sign with UFC
TNunley
10/4/07 6:23:41PM

Posted by theman5050

I was reading somewhere i forget where that after fedors sambo thing is like december or whenever he was a lock to sign with UFC

"M-1, the promotion operated by Vadim Finkelstein (Fedor's backer), has announced some news regarding their contract negotiations (on behalf of Fedor) with UFC. According to the M-1 office, Finkelstein and UFC negotiated terms of a contract that would allow the PRIDE Heavyweight champion to fight in the Octagon. M-1 claims that the negotiations were a success and that the parties agreed to what the terms of the UFC contract would be. However, M-1 claims that when UFC sent the contract to their office, the terms of the deal were ‘absolutely different' than what had been negotiated and that management did not agree on what was stated in the contract. This is why, according to M-1, Fedor has not signed a contract with UFC."

It's down about midway of the page
theman5050
10/4/07 6:30:02PM
If dana does not get this deal done, UFC will lose alot of money they could have had with him and im sure everyone will despise him forever.
cmill21
10/4/07 6:50:17PM
To the people who want to blame fedor....don't. He needs to do whats best for him and his family, if this is true he's earned the money, and they'll find fighters(still alot of great ones out there). This would be the UFC's fault, in a contract negotiation you have to give a little bit, dana rarely does.
richieb19
10/4/07 8:44:57PM
For those who aren't aware, M-1 is Bodog, and it was almost obvious that he would sign there from the start.
loller90278
10/5/07 2:58:32AM

Posted by richieb19

For those who aren't aware, M-1 is Bodog, and it was almost obvious that he would sign there from the start.

no i dont think m1 is bodog.. i read an interview where bodog and m1 collabbed but fickelstein said he would never work with ayre again because hes shady..
TNunley
10/5/07 9:25:19AM

Posted by cmill21

To the people who want to blame fedor....don't. He needs to do whats best for him and his family, if this is true he's earned the money, and they'll find fighters(still alot of great ones out there). This would be the UFC's fault, in a contract negotiation you have to give a little bit, dana rarely does.

Sure, if you're an NFL, NBA, MLB, etc. team owner. When there are 20+ other teams competing for an athlete. I know Dana wants Fedor, and everyone wants Fedor in the UFC... but if Fedor doesn't sign... it IS Fedor's fault. It's an offer... take it or leave it! Not like there are any other venues NEAR what the UFC has become. You can argue either way, and sure the UFC has money to lose by not signing Fedor... but the UFC will go on without him if they have to. Fedor will not go much further without the UFC.
cmill21
10/5/07 9:42:05AM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cmill21

Sure, if you're an NFL, NBA, MLB, etc. team owner. When there are 20+ other teams competing for an athlete. I know Dana wants Fedor, and everyone wants Fedor in the UFC... but if Fedor doesn't sign... it IS Fedor's fault. It's an offer... take it or leave it! Not like there are any other venues NEAR what the UFC has become. You can argue either way, and sure the UFC has money to lose by not signing Fedor... but the UFC will go on without him if they have to. Fedor will not go much further without the UFC.

Take it or leave it is exactly why Fedor shoulden't sign there. There UFC has a monopoly, and they can just say "take it or leave it". Whether the UFC fans want to admit it or not, Fedor is the biggest fish in the MMA ocean, and the UFC needs him more then he needs them. He wants money he'll get it somewhere, the UFC can't get another Fedor. There are still a bunch of good FA availible for M-1 to sign, Barny hopefully, Hunt is still a possiblility considering the UFC can't commit until he makes weight, Arona, maybe they can buy Cro Cop's contract, maybe they'll sign Yvel, maybe they'll set up fights with K-1 and they can use Kharitonov and all those guys, and maybe they'll get guys like nog when their contracts up because Fedor is who everyone wants to fight, because he's who their all measured to.
nubby
10/5/07 10:36:31AM
The source is Taggradio and they are known for being wrong alllllll the time.
BigEvil
10/5/07 10:57:24AM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cmill21

How much money could we possibly be talking about here. We all know Fedor will make more money from sposorships in the U.S. then he will anywhere else. Sponsors will pay him way more for fighting in the league where everyone wil see him too (the UFC). I don't blame Fedor but I do think his managment is making a poor choice.
pv3Hpv3p
10/5/07 10:59:51AM

Posted by richieb19

That doesn't make much sense at all... M1 is BoDog because they did a co-promotion together? What was obvious is that Fedor wanted to fight in front of Russian fans at least once, and that was the one way to do it... C'mon now
TNunley
10/5/07 11:44:51AM

Posted by cmill21
Take it or leave it is exactly why Fedor shoulden't sign there. There UFC has a monopoly, and they can just say "take it or leave it". Whether the UFC fans want to admit it or not, Fedor is the biggest fish in the MMA ocean, and the UFC needs him more then he needs them. He wants money he'll get it somewhere, the UFC can't get another Fedor. There are still a bunch of good FA availible for M-1 to sign, Barny hopefully, Hunt is still a possiblility considering the UFC can't commit until he makes weight, Arona, maybe they can buy Cro Cop's contract, maybe they'll sign Yvel, maybe they'll set up fights with K-1 and they can use Kharitonov and all those guys, and maybe they'll get guys like nog when their contracts up because Fedor is who everyone wants to fight, because he's who their all measured to.

I know your view of worshipping the ground Fedor walks on is obviously driving you to defend him, and you will probably never concede your argument on his behalf. But the fact of the matter is... Fedor is by far not the biggest fish in the MMA ocean. Fedor is the most hyped right now for sure. You're right, the UFC can't get another Fedor... but Fedor will be the one who gets the blame from everyone other than his nuthuggers.

Fedor deserves nothing more than anyone else IMO specifically because of how poorly many of the other Pride fighters have performed. If he wanted so much more, he should have taken that opportunity before his previous pridemates (I'm coining that one) made it seem as if Pride fighters just couldn't compete at the top of the UFC the moment they step in. Let him go fight M-1, or K-1, or whereever he wants... won't hurt my feelings to not see him. I'll move on just like the majority of people. But believe this... no one is going to leave the UFC to follow Fedor... at least no one at the top of the food chain. And Fedor will be disregarded as the #1 heavyweight in the world, because he simply didn't want to prove it. Someone else mentioned earlier about the sponsors he could get... if you add it all up, it doesn't matter how much the UFC offers. The sponsors will most likely give him more money for fighting in the UFC than anyone else could offer even if the UFC said they didn't want to pay him. So this all falls on Fedor, whether or not he signs... perhaps it would be better if he didn't on his part. IMO if he doesn't sign he probably won't lose anytime real soon... but if he does Randy will take him apart and everyone will finally know.
warglory
10/5/07 12:02:35PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by TNunley

Posted by cmill21

The UFC needs him more? Are you kidding? If Fedor does not sign with the UFC, or another org that has a remotely decent heavyweight division, he will be screwed. People will lose attention and his legacy will go down the shitter. Remember, people remember your most current actions, not necessarily your entire career. This sucks for him, but it is ultimately his decision to make. The UFC offer is reportedly the largest pay per fight contract they have ever given any other fighter, the catch is he has to make it exclusive. What is the big deal with this? If Fedor and his people are really that concerned then he can fight out the 4-5 fights on hi contract or whatever it will be, and then leave the UFC. What is that, like 2 years of fighting? The man still has a career after that, he is still young. Dana is a reasonable guy and knows how much of an asset Fedor is, why would he **** him over?
LR
10/5/07 1:11:08PM
Start researching before you post.

M-1 is NOT BodogFIGHT. M-1 co-promoted the Clash of Nations event with BodogFIGHT in which after the event, Finkelstein was very critical of Bodog's promotional marketing due to the fact that they shoved M-1 banners, promotional materials to the side. Finkelstein was most critcal about the huge banners that BodogFIGHT had up at the arena, and M-1's banner ended up being backed into a corner. Finkelstein stated that Bodog wasn't in charge of the promotion and Finkelstein basically did everything in getting celebrities, President Putin, and some of the other various people to the event.

Bodog countered in an interview with Sherdog stated that it was untrue. Bodog and M-1 are not friends, and there is absolutely no way Fedor would sign with BodogFIGHT due to the problems they have had with Fedor's agent and backers. M-1 is the Russian promotion that Finkelstein and his backers have been running in Russia. If you recall, during the interviews... Finkelstein wanted some type of co-promotion with the UFC. That co-promotion was going to be with a M-1 stamp on it, much like the Bodog deal.

Trigg has been wrong in the past, but he's been fed bad information before. The Tito Ortiz rumors were sprouted from him, although he is one of Dan Henderson' s best friends and he talked to Tito. Fact is, Tito always gives out rumors to hype contract negotiations and self worth to an organization. This rumor, however, is probably incorrect or a ploy by Finkelstein to put the pressure on the UFC representation to get a deal done now. I imagine that White is getting rather tired of negotiations and I think if this is a ploy by Finkelstein, it isn't a good idea.

nubby
10/5/07 1:13:13PM
At this point he just needs to make a decision and go with it. If he is with M-1 so be it. I'm just tired of all the indecision going on.
MattHughesFan
10/5/07 2:31:41PM
Best decision is for Fedor ti sign with the UFC, they will set up the best fights for him he can prove he's number 1 for sure and make a good chunk of change. He signs with anyone else then no matter how good of an opponent they put him up against his number 1 status will always be in question since he's not fighting in the organization with the Best fighters. One thing is for sure The UFC doesn't need Fedor as much as Fedor needs the UFC
LR
10/5/07 2:52:08PM
Fedor already stated in the past that he intends on fighting prime competition. Even if he doesn't sign with the UFC, the prime competition left is maybe Josh Barnett, a couple of others, very scarce market of heavyweights that are available. It seems odd that he would have signed with M-1 for 10 million, when he could possibly make the same if not more in the UFC with sponsorship exposure in another market for Russian companies and new sponsorships by U.S. companies. The rumor is far too ridiculous to have any merit.
LR
10/5/07 3:15:12PM
BTW, listening to the TAGG Radio broadcast right now.

It isn't even M-1 that signed him.

M-1 supposedly split apart. It is a new organization in Russia, but of course, Frank Trigg says it's from an inside source and he said it will be announced very soon. I'm leary because I want Fedor in the UFC, but this almost sounds legit. This would be a dumb move, but what do I know?

Also, Frank later says he doesn't believe it, and thinks it's complete crap for someone in Russia to lock Fedor up due to the amount of money they would get in return.
Rush
10/5/07 3:22:34PM
You know what, in my eyes, Fedor will always be remembered for what he has done. It's no different than Bruce Lee, Ali, etc.

I honestly don't get the people that think Fedor is a coward for not immediately signing his life away to the UFC. This is his career and he needs to do what he thinks is best for his well being, family and so fourth.

I personally want to see Fedor fight again (soon) even if it's not in the UFC.
nubby
10/5/07 3:54:22PM
I don't think he's a coward. I think he really wants to compete in the UFC with all the other big boys. I just think that his management aren't looking out for his best interests. I think they are looking out for their best interests.
cowcatcher
10/5/07 3:58:52PM

Posted by nubby

I don't think he's a coward. I think he really wants to compete in the UFC with all the other big boys. I just think that his management aren't looking out for his best interests. I think they are looking out for their best interests.

ding ding ding, i agree 100%
Pages: [1] 2