Who Will Fedor Sign With??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who Will Fedor Sign With??
Next Page »
kerazzle
4/16/07 6:28:38PM
Bodog must be gunning hard for him promising fights in Russia and big money no doubt. I really do hope he stays Pride HW champion, and while I dont mind if he does a Bodog show in Russia every once in awhile I think he needs to stay where he is especially now that th e fertittas purchased Pride. He needs to stay where the top calibre opponents are. With Nog going to the UFC now there is basically just Barnett for him to fight. His only chance to fight the top guys is during the "superbowl" shows.

What are your thoughts?
pv3Hpv3p
4/16/07 6:54:55PM
I agree... I don't think there will be anyone to challenge him in BoDog, but at the same time, maybe locking up the top hvy on the planet will do well for BoDog in bringing in better and better fighters, and beafing up all of their divisions
ncordless
4/16/07 7:26:39PM
He'll be in the UFC within a year i bet.
e-thug
4/16/07 7:52:08PM
He will stay wit Pride, im sure fedor realizes where the best competition is at.
skiba97
4/16/07 7:57:35PM
If he wants to go were the best compition is surely thats the ufc now theyv signed cro cop and nog? Hes just beat hunt, the only reason i could see him going back to pride is for a match with barnett, but other than that if he wants to beat the top compitition then hel have to go to the ufc.
-Virus-
4/16/07 7:58:41PM
I don't think Dana likes his fighters fighting in different orgs
JimiMak
4/16/07 8:02:14PM
Staying w/ the Fertitas is the only logical choice for him. I've said it before, if he leaves for Bodog I'll lead the charge to have him replaced as #1 HW. I don't care how good you are if you don't ever prove it. It's just like how everyone complains about BJ being "the best" but not training enough to prove it, just a waste of talent. But again, I can't see Fedor wanting to fight nobody's the rest of his career just cuz the Fertitas won't let him fight for anyone else (I'm sure that's the big issue is the exclusivity). They'll prob'ly promise him a fight in the next year or two in Russia for them tho. Just my thoughts.
johny_rotten
4/16/07 8:13:23PM
Where is there a compelling fight for Fedor? He hasn't defeated Barnett, yet. At the same time Josh lost to Cro and Nog. He dominated Mirko once, and destroyed Nog twice. It wasn't as if the UFC's hw division was holding dream match ups for Fedor. I would like to see him stay in Pride, but I won't be devastated if he doesn't. The man could retire today, and still go down as the best MMA fighter ever.
Rush
4/16/07 8:15:50PM
I think he'll stay with Pride unless he wants to keep fighting big Nog and Cro Cop in the UFC, because those are the only 2 guys in the UFC HW division that deserve to fight Fedor right now.
awechet
4/16/07 9:28:38PM
It would be very sad day if Fedor went only with Bodog because who will he fight; everybody is in Pride/UFC. It'll be a waste of talent.
jdubs
4/16/07 9:47:37PM
Fedor, I will sign you
Ydoc
4/16/07 9:57:21PM

Posted by johny_rotten
It wasn't as if the UFC's hw division was holding dream match ups for Fedor.

Now that Randy is back in action it does. Man I'd love to see that fight. Andrei is also an interesting match up... and everyone wants to see CroCop get the match he earned. Plus, more than a few sickos who want to see him kill Timmy.

MMA117
4/16/07 10:51:19PM
He's gonna sign w/ zuffa $SURE for 1 reason they are where the $$$$$$$ is and thats what he cares about
johny_rotten
4/16/07 11:34:09PM

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by johny_rotten
It wasn't as if the UFC's hw division was holding dream match ups for Fedor.

Now that Randy is back in action it does. Man I'd love to see that fight. Andrei is also an interesting match up... and everyone wants to see CroCop get the match he earned. Plus, more than a few sickos who want to see him kill Timmy.

If he was to fight Randy, wich I agree would be fun to watch, it would have to be imeaditly. No Cro Cop fight for Randy first. The UFC would have to get to work very fast. The pay off would be well worth it. Randy/Fedor would far surpass any MMA card's revenue be at least 2-5x. The American fan even the TUF newb has heard that Fedor is the best in the world, if they haven't seen it on DVD or recent PPV. Russia would eat up the match up. The rest of the world has educated enough fans to know Randy is the class of the USA, and Fedor is the best ever. Zuffa has little time, but they need to make this fight happen no later than October.
Lets_Do_This
4/17/07 12:29:36AM
Zuffa'll put him where they want.
BadSanta
4/17/07 4:54:45AM
Fedor isn't getting any younger and most American and/or newbie fans have never seen him fight. The UFC better get cracking on signing him and putting him up against CroCop for a rematch.

Where's my cell phone? I have to call Dana about this.
kerazzle
4/17/07 4:55:56AM
yea man, I really hope he doesnt sign with blowdog. They are horrible, the commentators, the whole setup is garbage.
Mastodon2
4/17/07 6:58:26AM
Fedor will sign with UFC eventually, and then destroy Arlovski, Sylvia, Vera or whoever they put him up against, maybe even Randy (though its unlikely, he will probably have retired by the time he comes, though Id like to see him come out of retirement again so he could also be destroyed by Russian wrecking machine), and then he cold have another fight against CC, which might go either way.

Whatever he does, he could spend the rest of his career destroying bums in Bodog and still go down as the best MMA fighter ever, and no one would take that away from him, for a long time.
warglory
4/17/07 10:16:41AM
Many of you are figuring in the near future that there will only be the current top heavies in the world, but as you all know, mma brings some crazy surprises, so who knows what new up and comers will be making waves in the next year. Hell, we all talk shit about Brock Lesnar, but maybe he turns out to be the next phenom? Maybe this will cause Fedor to sign with K-1? We'll never know until it happens. I agree Fedor is the best p4p fighter in the world, but there are thousands of mma fighters out there who are just itching for the chance to sharpen their skills and take on the big dog.
AdamG
4/17/07 12:14:31PM
If the Fertittas offer Fedor a chance to fight in the UFC or Pride at at least two events to be held in Russia, I don't see how he could say no. The only heavyweights left for Fedor to fight are in the UFC, as he's beaten everyone but Barnett in Pride. CC definitely deserves a rematch, and hopefully it will be for the UFC Heavyweight Championship!
hippysmacker
4/17/07 12:17:27PM

Posted by awechet

It would be very sad day if Fedor went only with Bodog because who will he fight; everybody is in Pride/UFC. It'll be a waste of talent.

I agree. Also, he's the Pride champ and I don't think he would just give up the belt.
tepid55
4/17/07 3:02:50PM
Fedor will be in the UFC very soon.
pv3Hpv3p
4/17/07 5:20:05PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by awechet

I agree. Also, he's the Pride champ and I don't think he would just give up the belt.

No, but maybe they could unify them in a way... That would be neat
hippysmacker
4/17/07 5:40:59PM

Posted by BadSanta

Fedor isn't getting any younger and most American and/or newbie fans have never seen him fight. The UFC better get cracking on signing him and putting him up against CroCop for a rematch.

For the record Fedor and Chuck Norris both possess the power to become younger, but since Fedore is only 30 he's not using his powers yet
randyleprechaun
4/17/07 6:41:05PM
If fedor is looking to fight the best competition in the world he needs to sign with Pride worldwide. With the UFC heavyweight division stacked, the ferrtittas will part with big bucks to convince the Pride champ to sign on.

Lets hope he doesnt sell out to an inferior mma promotion like BogDog, which i highly doubt he will, as it doesnt seem in his character to do so!
kerazzle
4/17/07 8:48:11PM
I dunno, I dont really think he will go to the UFC, My guess is he will stay with pride, fight barnett, do a bodog show once in awhile, crush a couple of up n comers and then fight at the MMA superbowl thing where he takes on the remaining Heavyweights he hasnt dominated.
kerazzle
4/17/07 8:49:56PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by BadSanta

For the record Fedor and Chuck Norris both possess the power to become younger, but since Fedore is only 30 he's not using his powers yet

The problem is if Bodog makes him an offer he can't refuse. Bodog must be gunning hard for Fedor and his brother because the entire success of the organization may very well rest on their shoulders.
flyingkneebar
4/23/07 3:04:28AM
His only option legally is to remain with Pride. When the Fertitta's bought Pride, they got the rights to his contract. And even though this is a non-exclusive contract, Dana recently mentioned in an interview with MMAWEEKLY that they are attempting to sign him to an exclusive contract. Dana also stated that if Fedor was to sign another non-exclusive contract with another fight organiztion he would place an injunction on Fedor, which would pretty much be a legal move to prohibit Fedor from fighting anywhere until he fulfilled his contract with Pride.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3797&zoneid=13
Sam_Rothstein
4/23/07 5:50:52AM
i personally hope he signs with ufc for at least a few years, give him some new people to beat up (syvlia, coutore, arlovski) hell he can even get a few rematches with some of the ufcs new additions

i mean who is he gonna fight in pride besides mark hunt and josh barnett

and seeing as he just beat mark hunt about 4 months ago and that josh barnett has lost 2 of his last 3 fights i dont see what would be the point.....then again i didnt see the point in him fighting matt lindland
d_block07
4/23/07 3:49:28PM
there are a lot of options for fedor in the UFC. Crop Cop Andrei Tim Randy if Brandon Vera resurfaces after a few fights thats possible. and chuck lidell fedor would be a good ass fight
Pages: [1] 2