Fedor-Rogers Meet Nov. 7 on CBS

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor-Rogers Meet Nov. 7 on CBS
Sinister
9/17/09 5:05:28PM
"Fedor Emelianenko and Brett Rogers will face off in a heavyweight main event for Strikeforce on Nov. 7 on CBS. A venue for the event is still to be announced.

Strikeforce announced the event on Thursday. The CBS Corporation owns premium pay channel Showtime, which has a multi-year broadcast deal with Strikeforce.

The bout will be the first of three for Emelianenko, the world’s top-ranked heavyweight, with the promotion and will mark his first bout in a cage."

LINK

I was expecting it to be earlier than this. Also, the only interesting thing about the fight will be seeing Fedor in a cage.
Twenty20Dollars
9/17/09 5:18:24PM
Either way, the fight isnt going to last long.
imanidiot777
9/17/09 5:35:10PM
Does the UFC throw together a fight night free on Spike for that night now?
Twenty20Dollars
9/17/09 5:58:07PM

Posted by imanidiot777

prolly not enough time.
Sinister
9/17/09 6:12:53PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by imanidiot777

prolly not enough time.

We can always hope

Dana did say they are going to counter program Strikeforce a lot now. I wouldn't be surpirsed if we had something like we did when they made the Silva vs. Irvin card.
grappler0000
9/17/09 6:17:17PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Zuffa has entirely too much going on in November to put on another card. You can bet there will be a tremendous amount of free programming that night though...perhaps a replay of 104.
mrsmiley
9/17/09 6:24:29PM
THis is probably a good tatical move on Strikeforces part.
Having the fight on CBS will probably insure more viewers if nothing else.
EliasG
9/17/09 11:42:11PM
Everyone can watch CBS....not everyone can watch Spike. I'm going to drop my Directv for 6 months because I haven't been using the TV enough to justify it but I'll tune in to CBS for that fight.