Fedor vs Rizzo in April?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor vs Rizzo in April?
duggy
12/10/07 7:44:57PM
Monte Cox and the M-1 crew are in Dallas today in a closed-door meeting with Art of War to finalize a Fedor Emelianenko vs. Pedro Rizzo fight that would tentatively take place in Las Vegas in April. Money terms have been agreed and the meeting is to fnialize a deal and sign the contracts.

you have to scroll down about 3/4 of the page to find the blurb.

link
cmill21
12/10/07 7:46:10PM
I also heard Semmy Schilt wanted to fight fedor again on NYE since he only fought once during the WGP lol.
xphycorx
12/10/07 7:50:10PM
fedor will kill this guy. this is ridiculous. he needs to get into the ufc so he can be put up against some better caliber fighters.
backalley101
12/10/07 7:52:08PM
Wow, Fedor vs. Rizzo. Where's Rizzo at anyways?! Thats top competion there, Fedor!
rcg916
12/10/07 7:53:04PM
Getting a little sick of all these rumors.

Oh, and to the guy who said that Rizzo isnt a worthy opponent...

The guys that have been mentioned before this, and you wouldnt be excited to see it? Monson's been mentioned, Rizzo KOed him. Sounds like an upgrade in opponent to him, Hong Man, or any of the other rumored opponents.

But of course, Ive stopped buying into these rumors. Eventually it will get announced. Maybe.

EDIT:Ah, this fight is for April, not NYE. So, maybe they are setting up another fight for him mid-year. Sounds better.
xchickox
12/10/07 8:08:15PM
i thought fedor was fighting in japan on NYE??
tuvok500
12/10/07 8:32:48PM
What a joke !!

december 10, 2007, i officially remove Fedor of my top 10 !!

no need to explain it, it is clear enough now that he want to padded his record and he want to avoid any real competition what so ever.

If one day, he beat a top 10 guys, i will bring him back but for the moment, it is completely unfair to the fighters who fight for real to have to lose a place in the top 10 for a guy who simply his there for the money.
Fedor was the top fighter in the past, but a #1 ranking spot is not forever and you have to fight to stay there. Now it is too much for me to even continue to have him in the top 10 considering for how long he did nothing and he seem to want to continue to play safe for at less another years or so. enough is enough .

duggy
12/10/07 8:39:23PM

Posted by rcg916

The guys that have been mentioned before this, and you wouldnt be excited to see it? Monson's been mentioned, Rizzo KOed him. Sounds like an upgrade in opponent to him, Hong Man, or any of the other rumored opponents.

But of course, Ive stopped buying into these rumors. Eventually it will get announced. Maybe.

EDIT:Ah, this fight is for April, not NYE. So, maybe they are setting up another fight for him mid-year. Sounds better.

Thanks for clarifying. I didnt notice that when I posted the topic, i thought it was for the yarenoka card also. usually reading the entire article helps, im smart.
creativedestruction
12/10/07 9:06:17PM
The only thing consistent with Fedor's rumored opponents is that they arent top HWs.
hotrodttt
12/10/07 9:59:57PM

Posted by rcg916

Totaly agree, Rizzo is definatly an upgrade he still has some of the nastiest leg kicks around, he can chop a tree down with those suckers
rcg916
12/10/07 10:00:26PM

Posted by duggy

Thanks for clarifying. I didnt notice that when I posted the topic, i thought it was for the yarenoka card also. usually reading the entire article helps, im smart.

I did the same thing, thats why I had to edit, lol. Thanks for the info.
Blizzard
12/10/07 10:27:58PM
This could be a dangerous fight for Fedor though, The Rock still could have allittle bit of that KO power left in the tank, and that is all it may take, one good punch, or kick.
I would love to see that K.O.
JimiMak
12/10/07 10:53:51PM
*yawn*

At least it's worlds better than the other rumors.
loonytnt
12/10/07 11:39:51PM
Fedor, needs to fight bigger names then that if he wants to be in my top 20
candynuts
12/10/07 11:44:21PM
I thought Thanksgiving was over already? Why is Fedor still on the can food drive?
wapttn
12/11/07 12:19:12AM
fedor should fight a bear.. if he beat the bear then he would regain the no1 hw ranking in my book. WIthout the ufc, thats probably the only way he'll remain in any sort of rankings
jae_1833
12/11/07 1:14:37AM
Very sad, he had the shot at Randy. God lord man, the UFC is the premier fighting organization in the world for MMA!.Fedor is near dead to me!!!
rcg916
12/11/07 2:52:28AM

Posted by candynuts

I thought Thanksgiving was over already? Why is Fedor still on the can food drive?

Having a hard time calling Pedro Rizzo a can...

But, afterall, that is the cool word for MMA Elitists this week.
EliasG
12/11/07 3:03:16AM
RIzzo isn't bad. Considering the guy hasn't fought in a while, it would be Grade A stupid to throw him in there against the best opposition. Besides that, a lot of the "best opposition" is locked into solid contracts with the UFC. Having said that, he's beaten everyone out there you can think of that's great...except Randy...and I'm not sure up until he beat Tim Sylvia and Gonzaga people thought he was "still" great.

Truth is, Fedor will need to slowly work up to great competition. Hong, Rizzo, Arlovski, Barnett, then top UFC opponents. Watch out for Noguiera though. I think he's the next UFC big biggie.
cmill21
12/11/07 3:07:36AM

Posted by EliasG

RIzzo isn't bad. Considering the guy hasn't fought in a while, it would be Grade A stupid to throw him in there against the best opposition. Besides that, a lot of the "best opposition" is locked into solid contracts with the UFC. Having said that, he's beaten everyone out there you can think of that's great...except Randy...and I'm not sure up until he beat Tim Sylvia and Gonzaga people thought he was "still" great.

Truth is, Fedor will need to slowly work up to great competition. Hong, Rizzo, Arlovski, Barnett, then top UFC opponents. Watch out for Noguiera though. I think he's the next UFC big biggie.

Yeah if Nog becomes champ then who is there in the UFC for him to fight? He's already wooped nog twice, if he's the champ what else is there?
Trench777
12/11/07 3:13:18AM
What I wonder...is how can I see this fight. Hoping my cable will carry it on pay-per-view (if thats where it'll be)
Ogre365
12/12/07 5:05:45PM
Pathetic. Rizzo was and still is a good fighter, but he has always been a little on the soft overweight side. He is also known way more for his striking than his grappling.

When I talk with friends about the top fighters in the world Fedor isn't even mentioned hardly anymore.