Fedor vs. Randy (POLL, Jul 20), affliction spoiler inside

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor vs. Randy (POLL, Jul 20), affliction spoiler inside
POLL: Who and how?
Randy Dec 14% (6)
Fedor Dec 5% (2)
Randy Sub 0% (0)
Fedor Sub 25% (11)
Randy Ko/Tko 7% (3)
Fedor Ko/Tko 50% (22)
Ordep
7/20/08 10:40:34AM

Ok so everyone that said "Fedor hasn't fought anybody ...", "Elbows would do the job...." , "Any UFC HW could beat him ....." after watching (or reading) the Affliction results from last night where he dropped with punches and then subbed the MMAPlayground's #7 HW and former UFC Champ Tim Sylvia. Whath's your opinion now on the Randy-Fedor fight?

Mine, the same as before. Fedor takes it because of his speed and explosiveness. Randy will come with a great game plan but won't be able to execute it because Fedor's speed wouldn't allow it. Rd 1 Tko.
mkiv9secsupra
7/20/08 10:45:03AM
i really dont see where randy could have an advantage in this fight. Maybe his grecco but Fedor seems to do just as well, if not better, in the clinch. Randy would get TKO'd in the first from GnP.
Cdellorso
7/20/08 11:39:54AM
I expected Tim to put up a fight.... hell i picked him at the last minute change to eek out out a tim keep you at bay descision- I was in awe
mrsmiley
7/20/08 12:00:06PM
Styles make fights.With that being said,despite how both their fights against Sylvia ended,it could be a really good match.

But I have to say I honestly think Fedor would humble Randy very badly.I mean did you see what Fedor did to Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!
That was the most insane thing ever.
loonytnt
7/20/08 12:13:18PM
randy did the same thing to tim, dropped in in the first few sec then took his back he just didnt fin it, so just because fedor did that i cant say omg fedor will kill him!! no thanks, imo randy vs fedor would be a great fight. i still give randy it in a cage tho
mrsmiley
7/20/08 1:20:19PM
Yeah that was the major difference.Randy didn't finish and the fight went for 5 rounds.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/20/08 1:20:41PM
i think Randy Couture is one of the best stories in mma over past 2 years,

BUT i also believe he could be one of the most overhyped fighters in the last 2 years

mrsmiley
7/20/08 1:24:32PM
Yeah you can look at Randy either way.On paper,winning 2 heavy-weight bouts then vacating the title seems a bit lackluster,but it's the story behind it that makes it so great.He came out as the underdog against Tim and shook him up for 5 whole rounds.Then Gonzaga comes out and brutalizes CC and everyone is like" Look at that F*$$ing monster!!!" He'll kill Couture!
And Randy comes out and makes GG look like a sloppy ametuer.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/20/08 2:27:37PM
fedor would knock randy out within 1 round. id rather watch AA vs fedor.
IriShame
7/20/08 2:40:19PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Randy has only been knocked out by Chuck Liddell. AA has been KO'd by Timmy twice! His chin is less than spectacular. If somebody is going to get KO'd in the first it's AA. Randy has a superior chin and stylistically is less likely to stand with Fedor. Not saying Randy wins that fight but I doubt he gets KO'd right away, I would bet on a submission in the later rounds.
Quasar
7/20/08 3:17:38PM
Nog is miles above Randy [who Randy ducked] and Fedor made him look B level on 3 occasions. Now I can see how Randy wants to beat the best and retire on top and never have to prove himself again but Randy has almost zero chance except a freak cut or injury. I cant help but cheer for Randy to be KO'd, he just dosnt deserve a fight with Fedor, he didnt deserve many of his title shots and he dosnt deserve this.
Quasar
7/20/08 3:20:33PM

Posted by IriShame

Randy has only been knocked out by Chuck Liddell. AA has been KO'd by Timmy twice! His chin is less than spectacular. If somebody is going to get KO'd in the first it's AA. Randy has a superior chin and stylistically is less likely to stand with Fedor. Not saying Randy wins that fight but I doubt he gets KO'd right away, I would bet on a submission in the later rounds.

Barnett TKO'd Couture as well

Kind of sick of people saying Arlovski's chin is bad, If you get him on the button by Rizzo and Sylvia your going down end of story, if anything his head movement and strategy wasnt as good back in the day not his chin.

EDIT: Oh yeah and Ricco made him tap from strikes which is basically a TKO
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/20/08 5:26:50PM

Posted by Quasar

Posted by IriShame

Barnett TKO'd Couture as well

Kind of sick of people saying Arlovski's chin is bad, If you get him on the button by Rizzo and Sylvia your going down end of story, if anything his head movement and strategy wasnt as good back in the day not his chin.

EDIT: Oh yeah and Ricco made him tap from strikes which is basically a TKO

HE was ko'd twice by timmy? can you link the two fights for me? as far as i know, he was ko'd once by timmy and that was because he rushed in after rocking tim. The more experienced AA wouldnt do that, which was shown in the 3rd fight between them. Don't get me wrong , i think fedor would anihilate AA . I just think he would put up a more competative match then randy.
Pitbull09
7/20/08 5:45:47PM

Posted by Ordep

Ok so everyone that said "Fedor hasn't fought anybody ...", "Elbows would do the job...." , "Any UFC HW could beat him ....." after watching (or reading) the Affliction results from last night where he dropped with punches and then subbed the MMAPlayground's #7 HW and former UFC Champ Tim Sylvia. Whath's your opinion now on the Randy-Fedor fight?

Mine, the same as before. Fedor takes it because of his speed and explosiveness. Randy will come with a great game plan but won't be able to execute it because Fedor's speed wouldn't allow it. Rd 1 Tko.

I did see this fight not even being close. Im pretty sure I pick 1st round KO for Fedor.
Anyways, did you notice how both Couture and Fedor did the same exact thing to Sylvia in the beginning. The only difference is it took Couture one hit to bring him down and Fedor was able to sink the sub unlike Couture.
This fight doesnt change my opinion as Sylvia shouldnt speak for all UFC fighters as he isn't to talented of a HW (IMO).
Fedor/Couture is the best HW out there right now but I dont mind seeing Fedor fight AA or Barnett first since Couture is wrapped up with contract problems
Cdellorso
7/24/08 4:07:02PM
I am a Couture "nuthugger" love the story love the fighter..... just dont think Fedor is a good matchup for him....

ON the other hand i feel it would be a fight I would PAY to see-

Matchups are everything- Id love to see Fedor Arlovski- and Fedor barnett next-

I think Couture knocks out arlovski or GNPs him into a bloody gut pile.
jkdskinhead
7/24/08 9:52:04PM

Posted by IriShame

Lol you think Randy has a better chance in the striking game then AA

Good work trying to put the mma math in there, but you forgot to mention that Randy has been TKOed by a JJ guy that has poor striking, and Andres strking game is world class.