Fedor: ‘Im proud to fight’ Tim Sylvia at Affliction: ‘Banned’ on July 19

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor: ‘Im proud to fight’ Tim Sylvia at Affliction: ‘Banned’ on July 19
SmileR
6/24/08 1:35:32PM
“He is a very strong and good fighter. He won 5 times in the championship on the UFC and he is 4th position in the world ranking. I’m proud to fight him…. I defeated a fighter who was a lot bigger than him, so I don’t think it’s too hard to fight a big fighter.”

Fedor Emelianenko talks about his upcoming heavyweight showdown with Tim Sylvia during the main event of Affliction: “Banned” at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. on July 19. It will be the biggest test for “The Last Emperor” since a unanimous decision win over Mirko Cro Cop in August 2005 (although Mark Hunt is no slouch … and he defeated him via kimura in 2006).

Link
aaa9erh8er
6/24/08 3:30:40PM
thats good he aint being to cocky hes being respectfull
silverbullet
6/24/08 4:37:31PM

Posted by SmileR

Fedor Emelianenko talks about his upcoming heavyweight showdown with Tim Sylvia during the main event of Affliction: “Banned” at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. on July 19. It will be the biggest test for “The Last Emperor” since a unanimous decision win over Mirko Cro Cop in August 2005 (although Mark Hunt is no slouch … and he defeated him via kimura in 2006).

With all honesty, Fedor hasn't fought anybody of Tim's caliber since Dec 31 of 2004.
The-Don
6/24/08 6:15:14PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

thats good he aint being to cocky hes being respectfull

Fedor is never cocky thats part of what makes him so good, but God tim looks so much bigger.. if I did not know who Fedor was or have not seen most of his fights I'd not pick him to win
cmill21
6/24/08 6:56:22PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by SmileR

With all honesty, Fedor hasn't fought anybody of Tim's caliber since Dec 31 of 2004.

Cro Cop and Hunt are both muuuuch better strikers then Tim, tim's a striker...

Fedor's always very respectfuly.
Aaronno9
6/24/08 7:00:35PM
Fedors a very respectful guy, i hope Tim starts carrying himself in the same way.
mrsmiley
6/24/08 7:22:48PM
Man Fedor is a class act.It's great to see the guy who many consider the best Heavy weight in the world is such a humble guy.
jocka
6/24/08 8:56:55PM
Am just happy that Fedor is finally fighting a 10 ten fighter its been a while since he did. can t wait to see what happends