Does Fedor just want nothing to do with the UFC because his potential for legacy damage?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Does Fedor just want nothing to do with the UFC because his potential for legacy damage?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Jackelope
8/21/09 9:38:01AM
Which is more likely?

The man who is notoriously unflappable in staredowns, never shows any fear or hardly any emotion at all is scared.

OR

The man is getting horrible advice from his horrible management team who desperately want to co-promote to build their own name, not their fighter's.
king_katool
8/22/09 12:29:38AM
george112
8/22/09 12:40:45AM

Posted by king_katool

bigbubbano23
8/22/09 2:59:21AM
i bet that if he was moved of the rankings, he would go to the ufc
Shadymlm
8/24/09 2:43:51AM
HE IS SCARED!!!! And I hope he does come to UFC after his 3 joke contract. If people are giving Brock a fighting chance now to beat Fedor imagine what they're gonna say after Brock has another Year n half 2 yrs and more fights and experience under his belt. Once Brock beats Carwin and probably CC after that the whispering will become screams.

People bash Brock all the time but atleast he admitted he does what he does for the fans, he cares that we are all entertained, because he knows in return he benefits from it too. Afredor on the other hand said he could care less. He should send the UFC a thank you card for all the free press he got over the week of 7/31 and for the growth of MMA, if it wasn't for UFC SF wouldn't be able to even pay him half of what he's making! And as for his Legacy, I think not signing with UFC will tarnish it way more then if he did and lost to Brock.
george112
8/24/09 2:51:44AM

Posted by Shadymlm

HE IS SCARED!!!! And I hope he does come to UFC after his 3 joke contract. If people are giving Brock a fighting chance now to beat Fedor imagine what they're gonna say after Brock has another Year n half 2 yrs and more fights and experience under his belt. Once Brock beats Carwin and probably CC after that the whispering will become screams.

People bash Brock all the time but atleast he admitted he does what he does for the fans, he cares that we are all entertained, because he knows in return he benefits from it too. Afredor on the other hand said he could care less. He should send the UFC a thank you card for all the free press he got over the week of 7/31 and for the growth of MMA, if it wasn't for UFC SF wouldn't be able to even pay him half of what he's making! And as for his Legacy, I think not signing with UFC will tarnish it way more then if he did and lost to Brock.

so your bashing fedor??
Shadymlm
8/24/09 6:36:10AM

Posted by george112

so your bashing fedor??

Just stating what his actions have shown me.
Maybe the Afredor could be considered bashing, but I've seen worse things said about fighters and they weren't banned for example someone earlier called Brock a retard...
george112
8/24/09 2:16:06PM

Posted by Shadymlm

Posted by george112

so your bashing fedor??

Maybe the Afredor could be considered bashing, but I've seen worse things said about fighters and they weren't banned for example someone earlier called Brock a retard...

well.i dont think brocks a retard.and i dont think fedor is scared.
emfleek
8/24/09 2:19:05PM

Posted by Shadymlm

Posted by george112

so your bashing fedor??

FYI - as mods, we can't read every post in every thread. If you have a problem with something that someone has posted, use the "Report" button located at the bottom right.
Riggeee
8/24/09 4:56:16PM
i honestly think hes trying to protect his legacy and not fight the best in the world it really got me mad when he said that strikeforce has some of the greatest fighters ever which means hes trying to get everyone to think that him and bret rogers would actually mean something.
juggernautakira
8/24/09 9:27:27PM

Posted by Riggeee

i honestly think hes trying to protect his legacy and not fight the best in the world it really got me mad when he said that strikeforce has some of the greatest fighters ever which means hes trying to get everyone to think that him and bret rogers would actually mean something.

??

Use more periods or commas.
king_katool
8/24/09 10:47:46PM
and again

FFS leave it alone, your kidding youself if you think fedor is scared, the guy DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE, he has a contract with M1, M1 wants co-promotion, UFC doesnt, END OF STORY,
higdon10
8/24/09 11:03:14PM

Posted by king_katool

and again

FFS leave it alone, your kidding youself if you think fedor is scared, the guy DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE, he has a contract with M1, M1 wants co-promotion, UFC doesnt, END OF STORY,

Word.
BigSlick
8/25/09 12:28:48AM

Posted by george112

Posted by Shadymlm

so your bashing fedor??

Why is calling someone scared fighter bashing? Im a Fedor fan but I dont get why some are so worried when people voice their opinions. We know hes not scared of Brock, but he might be scared to lose. That had crossed my mind anyway.
george112
8/25/09 12:44:34AM

Posted by BigSlick

Posted by george112

Posted by Shadymlm

so your bashing fedor??

Why is calling someone scared fighter bashing? Im a Fedor fan but I dont get why some are so worried when people voice their opinions. We know hes not scared of Brock, but he might be scared to lose. That had crossed my mind anyway.

he didnt just call him scared.read his post.

also
RNC
8/25/09 2:37:33AM
Fedor isn't scared. If you've ever seen the man, I don't think he knows the definition of scared. Fedor is under contract with M-1 and actually, he even owns a piece of the company. M-1 won't let him sign with the UFC unless they co-promote and the UFC won't do that, so what do you want the guy to do? Throw his stake in the company out the window and fight hundreds of legal battles with them after he signs with the UFC? Be real for a second.

Fedor is one of the most humble champions on the planet. He has stated time and time again that he doesn't think he is that great of fighter. That he doesn't care about his legacy, and that he just fights because it pays the bills and he happens to be alright at it. Fedor has even stated that he's felt bad for his opponents before, so much, that in fights he would take it easy on them. And with that, he's still never lost. And this is a guy who is scared of someone?

I can't believe people are saying Fedor is ducking Brock to avoid harming his legacy, when in fact, Fedor is doing just as much harm by not fighting Brock. If Brock continues to dominate the HW division in the UFC, its only a matter of time before Brock Lesnar is regarded as the #1 HW in the world. If that happens, there will be no chance of the casual fan caring about Fedor, especially if he is only fighting once or twice a year, and half of his fights are exhibition matches. Getting into the UFC and fighting Lesnar, win or lose, is the way to go.

So clearly, Fedor is not scared or trying to protect his legacy. Some of you guys need to sit down and think for a second before you draw these erratic assumptions.
gskyprodigy
8/29/09 1:01:33PM
......its probably fedor's management staff thats scared..........
EvenFlow
8/29/09 1:38:49PM

Posted by RNC

Fedor isn't scared. If you've ever seen the man, I don't think he knows the definition of scared. Fedor is under contract with M-1 and actually, he even owns a piece of the company. M-1 won't let him sign with the UFC unless they co-promote and the UFC won't do that, so what do you want the guy to do? Throw his stake in the company out the window and fight hundreds of legal battles with them after he signs with the UFC? Be real for a second.

Fedor is one of the most humble champions on the planet. He has stated time and time again that he doesn't think he is that great of fighter. That he doesn't care about his legacy, and that he just fights because it pays the bills and he happens to be alright at it. Fedor has even stated that he's felt bad for his opponents before, so much, that in fights he would take it easy on them. And with that, he's still never lost. And this is a guy who is scared of someone?

I can't believe people are saying Fedor is ducking Brock to avoid harming his legacy, when in fact, Fedor is doing just as much harm by not fighting Brock. If Brock continues to dominate the HW division in the UFC, its only a matter of time before Brock Lesnar is regarded as the #1 HW in the world. If that happens, there will be no chance of the casual fan caring about Fedor, especially if he is only fighting once or twice a year, and half of his fights are exhibition matches. Getting into the UFC and fighting Lesnar, win or lose, is the way to go.

So clearly, Fedor is not scared or trying to protect his legacy. Some of you guys need to sit down and think for a second before you draw these erratic assumptions.

I've been trying to tell people this too. Plus I'm sure Fedor dosnt wanna be put in limbo like the UFC did to Randy.
Falcons84
8/29/09 1:44:52PM
Why do many call him the best when he doesnt fight the best?
Sinister
8/29/09 2:34:59PM

Posted by Falcons84

Why do many call him the best when he doesnt fight the best?

I think the line is blury after the #2 spot for best HWs. Other than Fedor and Brock, fighting Werdum, Alistar, or Rodgers is just as ok as Velasquez, Carwin, or Kongo.
Im not saying the strikeforce HW's are just as good but I am saying if you already have established yourself as the best HW in the world and all the top 10 HWs are still young or one dimensional, its ok to fight them outside the UFC as it is to fight them in the UFC.

Im sure most people in this thread believe Fedor would beat everyone in the UFC, only arguing Brock would be his biggest challenge. So the real anger to Fedor isnt as much him not signing to fight UFC fighters. Its him not fighting the second biggest name in the division.
raider8
9/2/09 2:03:16AM
Fedor will go down in history as the "Greatest Minor league Fighter of all time". He has had more than one chance to fight the best but he has took the easy way out once again.
Rush
9/2/09 9:58:12AM
Stumbled on this jewel.

Fedor - P4P best

I loved the ending.
mkiv9secsupra
9/2/09 10:54:48AM

Posted by raider8

Fedor will go down in history as the "Greatest Minor league Fighter of all time". He has had more than one chance to fight the best but he has took the easy way out once again.

Wouldn't other fighters signing with the UFC to get payed more money and fight lesser opponents than Barnett and Fedor be the easy way out?
mkiv9secsupra
9/2/09 11:03:57AM

Posted by Rush

Stumbled on this jewel.

Fedor - P4P best

I loved the ending.

The ending to that is HILARIOUS!!!

No props, Gotta spread the love
BustedKnuckle
9/2/09 6:05:31PM
No way is he scared to fight these guys, but his approach to his career has me baffled.
BigSlick
9/3/09 8:51:29PM

Posted by Rush

Stumbled on this jewel.

Fedor - P4P best

I loved the ending.

Wow, thats priceless.
I think this story posted earlier in this thread is very funny as well.history of Fedor
Rush
9/3/09 10:42:21PM
LOL

This is not a gif, it is Fedor doing an infinate number of pushups. lol
AchillesHeel
9/4/09 10:20:08AM

Posted by Rush

This is not a gif, it is Fedor doing an infinate number of pushups. lol

Fedor and Chuck Norris have to be kept apart. If they so much as shook hands, the shockwave would wipe out a medium-sized city.
juggernautakira
9/4/09 10:26:00AM
I never thought the Chuck Norris fights were funny..and ive got a pretty f.ucked up sense of humor.

I dont care for explanations at this point. Hes not in the UFC, hes going to continue fighting cans, and thats that.
mkiv9secsupra
9/4/09 11:26:16AM

Posted by juggernautakira
hes going to continue fighting cans, and thats that.

his last three opponents scheduled were three former UFC HW champions
Barnett
Arlovksi
Sylvia
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pages: 1 [2] 3