Fedor vs. Mousasi exhibition

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor vs. Mousasi exhibition
jlock003
8/28/09 11:54:40PM
Did anybody see this damn thing? Gegard had an omaplata from hell and just let it go....he also let off of an arm bar??? I mean Fedor is a savage I don't refute that, but that **** looked staged.
jae_1833
8/29/09 1:00:08AM
I don't think it was staged, just a sparring session you know, for fun and to make a little bit of cash and to give something to the fans because to be honest that card was weak.
jlock003
8/29/09 1:27:58AM
Yeah the card was terrible, and I don't think it was litterally staged, but it seemed like Gegard didn't sench in his subs the same way Fedor cranked the arm back. idk could just be the Fedor hater in me LOL. dont misunderstand me, the guy is clearly the best heavyweight in the world, and number 2 p4p at worst, I just wish we could see him fight top notch guys constantly. That bias may bleed over into my perseption of the exhibition.
Nightmare27
8/29/09 3:08:31AM
That **** was totally staged!! To say that it wasnt is just kidding yourself, they might not have worked it out move for move but the outcome was pre determined. The fix was in, and it was in the Aoki one as well.
george112
8/29/09 4:04:24AM
im not saying it was staged.it was just an exhibition.for the fans enjoyment.think of the word exhibition.it wouldnt even be worth it if it was over in 25 seconds.

exposure is what that was.
JuggaloWarrior878
8/29/09 4:32:23AM
of course its staged its done to make mousasi look fresh against the man and then hav fedor get the sub they were laughing during the bout they knew the ending. it was sort of silly and pointless.
Shadymlm
8/29/09 4:54:21AM
WOW If Fedor is so ****** Great then why does he have to have staged fights with 205ers to get him over he should be able to beat him with no problems, he is the P4P best fighter and the best HW right No he's not If I said what I real thought of him I'd be banned so I'm just gonna leave it at this
mkiv9secsupra
8/29/09 7:58:58AM

Posted by Shadymlm

WOW If Fedor is so ****** Great then why does he have to have staged fights with 205ers to get him over he should be able to beat him with no problems, he is the P4P best fighter and the best HW right No he's not If I said what I real thought of him I'd be banned so I'm just gonna leave it at this

says the guy who supports Lesnar, who had staged fights for 6 years to get his name out.
SmileR
8/29/09 11:03:48AM
It actually did look a bit weird the way they were just letting the subs go but as its already been said it was a exhibition match so they wouldn't go all out.
After watching the match I was seriously impressed with Mousasi's sub and grappling skills!
He's a lot better than I had previously given him credit for!
MattHughesRules
8/29/09 11:56:51AM
Guys...the whole thing was an exhibition. The point was just to roll and put each other is submissions and show off some cool technique. They were not not even defending subs etc.....I am pretty sure pretty much everything that happened in there was agreed upon to some degree. Mousasi is awesome don't get me wrong but I don't think he would be able to handle Fedor in live competition at this point.
ButterBalls
8/29/09 12:33:35PM

Posted by Shadymlm

Dude this isn't Rocky Balboa - they aren't out for blood. There is a reason this wasn't a real fight - because it wasn't a real fight. If you watched it expecting anything else then you may want to invest in a thesaurus so you can find some synonyms for exhibition (display, show, demonstration etc.)
Sinister
8/29/09 12:56:24PM

Posted by ButterBalls

Posted by Shadymlm

Dude this isn't Rocky Balboa - they aren't out for blood. There is a reason this wasn't a real fight - because it wasn't a real fight. If you watched it expecting anything else then you may want to invest in a thesaurus so you get find some synonyms for exhibition (display, show, demonstration etc.)

Ha, yea. I'm sure he thinks Fedor shouldve broke Shinya Aoki's leg off in their exhibition
Daze
8/29/09 1:52:08PM

Posted by jlock003

Did anybody see this damn thing? Gegard had an omaplata from hell and just let it go....he also let off of an arm bar??? I mean Fedor is a savage I don't refute that, but that **** looked staged.

dude it was an exhibition so its staged they just go through the motions, similar to how aoki vs fedor went.
jlock003
8/29/09 2:20:04PM
I hear all of you, so here is my question to all of you, "It was an exhibition" posters. Why not let Mousasi win the exhibition???? With the omoplata or the armbar he let Fedor out of? I mean it's only an exhibition and means nothing???? Why you ask???? Because it was an m-1 event, and they are going to make sure that their boy looks like the golden boy over and over again. Again, that's not even to say that he isn't, it's just to say that his promoters are always going to make sure he is in a position to look better than the competition even if he isn't.
TimW001
8/29/09 2:43:38PM
That was a lot of fun to watch IMO.
jlock003
8/29/09 2:51:01PM
This same conversation is going on in the news feed responses about the m-1 card. There is actually some good input in that response forum. Check it out.
StorminYourman
8/29/09 3:09:34PM
Why all this hate on a short exhibition. Yes we all know that know one was going to get get hurt or go all out.It does not matter who won or lost in it.Saying it is staged or fixed is like the guy who watches wrestlemania for 3 hours going "fake,fake ,fake."
Bottom like is if you do not like it do not watch.
PS Both Fedor and Mousassi have reasonably proven that they are top athletes if not the top in their respected divisons!
george112
8/29/09 7:13:36PM

Posted by george112

im not saying it was staged.it was just an exhibition.for the fans enjoyment.think of the word exhibition.it wouldnt even be worth it if it was over in 25 seconds.

exposure is what that was.

ncordless
8/29/09 9:10:37PM
Please stop the spamming. One thumb up is cool... two thumbs up is great if you are talking about a movie... but spamming the thumbs up is just annoying.