What if Fedor loses to Barnett?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » What if Fedor loses to Barnett?
tdietel01
7/15/09 7:01:07PM
Not many people think this will happen, but what if it did? what would that do to the HW division? Would Dana still bring Fedor over? Would he bring Barnett instead? would Fedor still be considered the best? It seems like it could be a disaster for ufc fans if he lost. What do you think?
grappler0000
7/15/09 7:04:49PM
I think the biggest factor would be how he lost...how it happened would influence the answer to all those questions. Dana has stated that he would be interested in Barney if he was able to pull off the victory though.
AchillesHeel
7/15/09 7:34:48PM
If Barnett wins, I think he probably becomes my #1 Heavyweight. Barring some weird event, like a fluky injury, I'm reluctant to rank a guy behind someone he's just defeated.

And I should think that the UFC is interested in both guys, regardless of who wins next month.
Wallass
7/15/09 8:32:07PM
Barnett is definitely a serious threat to Fedors reign as King of the Heavyweights and has a strong chance of winning this one. If he does, I agree that he would be ranked as the #1 Heavyweight of the world as long as its not due to a cut or anything fluky.
mrsmiley
7/15/09 8:38:22PM
I'm actually picking Barnett to win.
KUTTER
7/15/09 9:04:47PM
Its gotta happen sometime.. Id like to hope Barnett doesnt beat Fedor. Honestly I dont see how he got a shot, seems like all Fedors fights since pride fell apart, dont exactly make sense. Maybe its a conflict of contracts with other organizations.How does Barnett get a shot, but back to back l to BACK loses to Mirko, as well as a loss to Nog?? Just doesnt make sense to me, wish someones camp would have gotten on the ball before Nog and Mirko worked out deals with UFC. Lets just hope this EX UFC champ lasts longer than the last with the phenom
grappler0000
7/15/09 10:20:18PM

Posted by KUTTER

Its gotta happen sometime.. Id like to hope Barnett doesnt beat Fedor. Honestly I dont see how he got a shot, seems like all Fedors fights since pride fell apart, dont exactly make sense. Maybe its a conflict of contracts with other organizations.How does Barnett get a shot, but back to back l to BACK loses to Mirko, as well as a loss to Nog?? Just doesnt make sense to me, wish someones camp would have gotten on the ball before Nog and Mirko worked out deals with UFC. Lets just hope this EX UFC champ lasts longer than the last with the phenom

Josh got a shot because he's one of the best fighters in the division. He has 29 fights to date and only 3 men have ever beat him...and he has wins against 2 of them. I don't think he matches up well against Fedor, but he no doubt deserves the shot.
warglory
7/15/09 10:47:14PM

Posted by KUTTER

This isn't PRIDE, this is WAMMA, and based on Josh's performances in Affliction, as well as Sengoku, I think he is the #1 challenger for the WAMMA HW title.
george112
7/15/09 10:53:37PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by KUTTER

This isn't PRIDE, this is WAMMA, and based on Josh's performances in Affliction, as well as Sengoku, I think he is the #1 challenger for the WAMMA HW title.

i agree with you on this.josh's performances earned him this shot.what he can do with this shot is to be determined august 1st..CANT WAIT!!

jst my thoughts
StorminYourman
7/16/09 1:32:15AM
I wish I could call up Fedor and tell him (through a translator) that Barnett's Endurance is suspect .Just take him to the later rounds.
However Fedor should win anyhow by KO
Jackelope
7/17/09 12:59:01AM
I like Barney's chances a lot better than I've liked anyone's chances against Fedor in a long, long time.

I agree with AchillesHeel, though- I don't see why the UFC wouldn't be interested in both of these guys regardless of the outcome
slapshot
7/17/09 6:10:06PM
Out of 100 fights Id say Barnett wins 15% IMO so any ending would not change my mind about Fador being the #1 fighter in the world.
king_katool
7/17/09 10:38:58PM
i dont think josh has any shot, i know this is MMA and anything can happen, but josh is going to look to bring this to the ground and if it takes him over 10 mins mounted on top of gilbert yvel how the hell is he going to beat fedor, he wont be able to hold fedor down that long and get the decision, i cant wait for this fight ONLY because i want it over with and fedor to fight some1 thats going to challenge him, fedor by whatever he want whenever he wants
scobac
7/19/09 10:34:28AM
I think it puts Barnett at number 1 without question if he were to knock off the number 1 HW and arguably the number 1 p4p guy. I agree that no matter the outcome the ufc should try and get both guys, especially with the growing talent in that division in the ufc. After the next season of TUF I think that could be the most exciting and interesting division in mma
telnights
7/19/09 2:36:44PM
I feel Barnett has a much better chance than AA or Tim did. If he beats Fedor it will boost Barnett's stock way up and drop Fedor's way down. Not that will have much affect on his pay but will hurt his overall image to some. I don't think I will see Fedor any different than I do now as I just see him as a great fighter. But some have put him on this pedestal so high no one could stay on it.
RiseUp21
7/22/09 1:07:32PM
i wouldnt worry about this.. Barnett's out.
Jiu-Jitsu101
7/22/09 3:10:53PM
Dude.. Ok first i hope u realize that people can get lucky punches and knock somone out. Also maybe Josh barnett showed up and had a better day then fedor. It certainly wouldnt mean that he was the best