Fedor Loses! Again!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Fedor Loses! Again!
DCRage
5/14/09 1:45:13PM
This time in Korean court. Hopefully that Seonyu Honey is good stuff. Anyway...

Fedor Emelianenko is not unbeatable, or at least not in a court of freaking law. His $1.6 million lawsuit against a Korean honey company for using him in a commercial that he claimed had “damaged his image” finally reached a conclusion, and Fedor lost. The Seoul Central District Court ruled that he participated willingly and as part of his agreed upon deal with the Korea Sambo Federation. Here’s a fun little description of the ad itself:

"The ad, starting with a victorious scene involving Fedor in a wrestling ring, is followed by footage of a bee landing on a yellow **** flower. Then Fedor returns, drinks a bottle of the honey and says, ``I like Seonyu Honey,'' in Korean."

That’s right, suckers. **** flower. When you absolutely, positively need a flower that makes everyone uncomfortable just saying its name, accept no substitutes. Usually a story like this would only be interesting for being so weird, but the report on the lawsuit contained one other interesting glimpse into the life Fedor:
"[The court] said that Fedor and his 26 staff members received financial sponsorship from the agency and the federation at the time of the competition, including flights and accommodation. ``His appearance in the commercial was his due responsibility for the sponsors' financial support,'' the court added."

26 staff members? Has he got the Wu-Tang Clan working for him? 26 people isn’t even an entourage; it’s a goddamn militia. If the guy needs 26 people to be flown around with him and put up in hotels just so he can make an appearance at a Sambo tournament and do some bizarre TV commercial that he will later regret, it’s starting to make sense why he and the UFC have not come to an agreement.

Yes, I got that from Cage Potato. For a humor-less explanation look it up on The Korea Times' website. The commercial in question can be viewed after the jump:
Video

PS-I censored out a couple of words from the source, suggestive even though it seems harmless.
madmarck
5/14/09 2:31:53PM
Holy crap. That is one of the shittest commercials i have seen in a while. I guess they spent all their money on the Fedor.
BelXavier420
5/14/09 2:52:00PM
Damn, he needs to sign with the UFC so he never has to go that low for money again.
Kpro
5/14/09 3:17:41PM
so many words run through my mind when I see "**** flower"
SmileR
5/14/09 3:24:48PM

Posted by Kpro

Was nice flower one of them?
Kpro
5/14/09 3:28:51PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Kpro

nice, cute, cdly were the 3 I had in mind.
SmileR
5/14/09 3:53:31PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by SmileR

Posted by Kpro

nice, cute, cdly were the 3 I had in mind.

Me too! Also love, hugs and kiss