fedor will lose in the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » fedor will lose in the UFC
« Previous Page
j_k1dd
7/8/07 3:16:15AM
Very true, fedor is NOT unbeatable, but the probabilities of him getting title shots/winning titles in the UFC would be greater then anyone they put against him.
NatedawgThaM
7/8/07 3:33:12AM
1 reason Fedor can be beaten in UFC? Easy, 1 word, ELBOWS!!!!!!!! TKO sue to a cut. Thats how he loss his only loss on his record. I think Randy could beat him if he had him in the clinch on the cage and throw knees in elbows and TKO him due to cut like he did to Vito Beltford...
buckndro
7/8/07 3:45:00AM
fedor is awesome but no one is unbeatable
ncordless
7/8/07 5:32:00AM

Posted by Sim_Sam

BAHAHA! Barring some disasterous performance Fedor is gonna utterly destroy most of if not all the UFC heavy-weight divisioin. As previousely mentioned Mirko and Big Nog are his only real threats...but Fedor is REALLY good at countering even Nogs sub attempts...Fedor simply is just too aggressive, explosive, and a better fighter overall to have much trouble in UFC. Lol, but hopefully he learned a lesson from Mirko and actually trains in the cage... Oh, and if Josh Barnett comes to America, that would be a better fight for Fedor as well.

Well, barring some disasterous performance, Danny Abbadi will rule the hwt division.... barring a disasterous performane, Nate the Great is gonna pound Silva.

Heck, barring a disasterous performance Travis Fulton could defeat Fedor.
scarf
7/8/07 3:28:03PM
hmm great hunch. Fedor isn't a very dominate fighter. In fact the transition from 4 sided ring to 8 sided ring will slow his punches down by 50% and turn his ground game to mush.
CacophonyKid
7/8/07 4:12:09PM

Posted by scarf

hmm great hunch. Fedor isn't a very dominate fighter. In fact the transition from 4 sided ring to 8 sided ring will slow his punches down by 50% and turn his ground game to mush.

Are you serious? Fedor is without a doubt THE most dominant fighter I've ever seen. If anything, the Octogan will work in his favor.
scarf
7/8/07 7:25:35PM
sarcasm most not be your forte.

hes amazing
JimiMak
7/8/07 7:45:41PM
Surprised to see this go so far.
1) He has little chance of signing w/ anyone but UFC, he wants to be the best ever. He can only claim that by beating ppl there.
2)To address the TS, yes he will lose in UFC. I can't see him retiring undefeated. Too many chances for "flukes" or up and comers that are huge underdogs to steal a V, esp w/ the elbow/ being a cutter issue. And at this point any loss means getting one in the UFC, IMHO.
Blizzard
7/8/07 8:42:33PM
I would like to see both Fedor and Barnett come to the UFC, and I would like to see Barnett be the one to give that loss to Fedor.
Damien6663
7/8/07 10:29:29PM

Posted by ProfessorChaos

Being a world class wrestler is also different than being one of the best Sambo practicioners in the world. He is also younger and stronger. Stop the Randy love. Fedor>Randy and it's not even close.

Sylvia may have had the title...but he had no respect. Vera would have taken him out instead of Couture if he accepted the fight.

At no point did i ever say randy was better then fedor or would beat him in mma, i said he is a better wrestler.
boj123
7/8/07 11:41:13PM
fedor is the most skilled heavyweight today but he is still human. he could loose via cut or a hay maker landing out of nowhere. as of now none of the current heavyweights could convince me that they could out skill fedor.
ultimatefighter33
7/9/07 12:59:06AM
i see crocop beating him in the ufc i dont see randy or any other heavyweights beating him but crop but before that fedor will wear ufc gold
akhillez
7/9/07 1:23:28AM
Nobody, NOBODY has yet found an answer to Fedor's GNP. Even if he's losing on the feet, he can take people down and pound them into oblivion. Crocop has a chance if he uses his hands, but I think Fedor would take him down early and submit him. Gonzaga might have a shot, but we need to see more of him. Randy would be retired permanently by Fedor. If Arlovski can return to his aggressive form he may be able to catch Fedor with an overhand right or a straight down the middle. Barnett is too slow. He would get pounded out on the ground. I would actually like to see Arona rematch Fedor, Arona gave him some problems and is the only person to take a round from the Last Emperor.
akhillez
7/9/07 1:39:01AM
Fedor has only three visible weaknesses.
1. He cuts easily. With elbows to the face allowed in the allowed in the UFC, he could get cut and receive his first legitimate loss.

2. His least effective position is when he is on his back. Fedor has a great guard, but if a strong wrestler with good sub defense like Arona or Gonzaga takes him down and keeps him there, they might steal a decision. Fedor was not able to push Herring off him and Gonzaga is close to Herring's size, so he has a shot if he takes Fedor down. Hammerhouse has great wrestlers but they don't have sub defense.

3. His looping combinations. Watch the Fujita fight. Fujita comes over the top right after Fedor throws a right hand and is about to throw a left. If someone can time a punch like that, they could stun or ko Fedor. Arlovski has the best chance of achieving this. See the Buentello and Sylvia fights. He drops them with an overhand right as soon as they throw a left jab. Arlovski ducks underneath and throws a vicious right. He has one of the strongest one-hitters in the sport, evidenced by his ko of Cruz off his back. If he returns to his previous form, he has a decent shot if it stays on the feet. If it goes to the ground, Fedor has an edge with his superior Sambo and GNP.

Sorry, long post. Had to get that off my chest
Copenhagen
7/9/07 2:25:07AM
Thread titled: Fedor will lose in the UFC
I'm sorry to who ever started this thread, but I think it's stupid.

Posted by JimiMak
Surprised to see this go so far.
1) He has little chance of signing w/ anyone but UFC, he wants to be the best ever. He can only claim that by beating ppl there.
2)To address the TS, yes he will lose in UFC. I can't see him retiring undefeated. Too many chances for "flukes" or up and comers that are huge underdogs to steal a V, esp w/ the elbow/ being a cutter issue. And at this point any loss means getting one in the UFC, IMHO.

That statement basically sums up everything in this thread/needed in this thread, and IMO should be the only reply to this stupid topic."Of course he will lose eventually, but that doesn't mean he still isn't phenomenal."

Now unless you want to start a discussion with a purpose like "What are Fedor's weaknesses" this thread should be forgotten about.
DuncanFan819
7/9/07 4:05:48AM
I agree with everyone who said that GG has the best shot at beating Fedor. If Napao can get Fedor to the ground and throw the elbows, there's a shot. Is it slim? Sure, but I still think it's the most likely way Fedor loses.
LR
7/9/07 10:26:35AM
Actually, Fedor's back is probably the strongest position he can be in to grab side control. His Sambo is such a beast when he is on his back. Check out any of his Sambo videos or look at the Lindland fight. He gets on his back against Lindland and Sambo sweeps underneath Lindland right out of it in under 3 seconds. That is why nobody can keep Fedor on his back.

But he is most notably known for slipping from back to armbar in a matter of seconds for wins. Randleman got slipped easily in the same manner.
kaduey
7/9/07 10:32:39AM

Posted by Bass

fedor vs. chuck. that would be a fight. i dunno if fedor could handle chucks power of sprawl........u never know though. it would be a good one.

also, i think fedor vs. sylvia would be a great fight. i think fedor would have a lot of trouble with big tim. i know randy just went in there and beat him, but i think randy was in tim's head. in a rematch i think we would see a very different sylvia.

Fedor would be all over Chuck like flies on shit. Chuck's sprawling ability would mean nothing becasue Fedor doesn't shoot in on his opponents, he gets in close and throws hip tosses and leg sweeps etc..
LR
7/9/07 10:53:25AM
And also, Tim Sylvia really isn't a great matchup for anyone. He is out of shape most of the time and never pushes the pace unless he has a huge reach over the guy or he pummels him off the bat. I couldn't see Sylvia ever controlling a fight against someone like Fedor.
mjmma
7/9/07 11:20:36AM
One area where Randy is better than Fedor...

UFC belt holding?
akhillez
7/9/07 11:26:50PM
Fedor keeps his hands fairly wide apart in his fighting stance. Mirko exploited this with some jabs and straights that caught Fedor right down the middle. If they rematch then I think Crocop will make the neccessary adjustments on the feet and will have the advantage there. But I think Fedor would take him to the ground early. Arlovski also has the potential to land a bomb right down the pipe if he faces Fedor. If Arlovski connects cleanly he may stun Fedor ala Fujita and finish him off. However, he needs to regain his killer instinct if he is going to stand a chance against Emelianenko.
LR
7/10/07 9:20:23AM
Arvloski? He isn't even up in the top HWs in my opinion. He was HORRIBLE in his last fight. He just stood around and was very cautious. That'll get him destroyed against Fedor. You have to push the pace on Fedor, otherwise it's over. Arvloski has some striking ability, but if Fedor can't motor through it, he'll just put him down and submit him in a flash.
nubby
7/10/07 12:50:43PM
Fedor = overrated.
tomp6581
7/10/07 1:09:32PM

Posted by nubby

Fedor = overrated.

I reluctantly agree.

He is the best fighter in the world.........but too many people say he is unbeatable.........people need to realise even the best will lose sometime.

Piccosaur
7/10/07 5:04:06PM
Big Nog is the only one that can beat Fedor? That is a joke. Couture or Gonzaga have a chance against Fedor. I hope Couture kills Fedor and then retires.
nubby
7/10/07 5:09:37PM

Posted by Piccosaur

Big Nog is the only one that can beat Fedor? That is a joke. Couture or Gonzaga have a chance against Fedor. I hope Couture kills Fedor and then retires.

This is how I see Fedor losing. Couture takes him down. Fedor works the submission but then all of a sudden Fedor feels something unusual, thats right he feels an elbow in the face, he feels Couture smothering him, hitting him in the side, giving him no room to breath. Fedor attempts another submission and Couture responds with more short, fast elbows. Fedor is now having troubles seeing, he has gone blurry like Crocop. Couture now starts to rain down punchs in the full guard while fedor desperately tries to get control. The fight ends with Big John Mac calling the fight due to strikes.
tapoutking28
7/10/07 7:22:50PM
IMO the only person in the UFC at this point that could beat Fedor is Gonzaga, he has KO power and he has world class bjj just like BIg Nog. I think that that combonation is going to beat fedor.
Pitbull09
7/10/07 7:41:36PM
Ok, I thought about this and though I'm not a pride fan, this has nothing to do with a stupid promotion arguement. Fedor is (in most ppls opinion), the best heavyweight in mma today. He will most likely be as sucessful in the ufc as he was in pride. One thing though is i dont think any fighter is going to go off with a perfect undefeated career in the ufc. Nothing against Pride but now with it owned by ufc, the best of the best has been put in one promotion. And UFC has always had a crappy heavyweight division but Randy, like any fighter has a chance against Fedor (I think its going to be a great fight and hope it happens soon.)
tomp6581
7/11/07 6:02:44AM

Posted by nubby

Posted by Piccosaur

This is how I see Fedor losing. Couture takes him down. Fedor works the submission but then all of a sudden Fedor feels something unusual, thats right he feels an elbow in the face, he feels Couture smothering him, hitting him in the side, giving him no room to breath. Fedor attempts another submission and Couture responds with more short, fast elbows. Fedor is now having troubles seeing, he has gone blurry like Crocop. Couture now starts to rain down punchs in the full guard while fedor desperately tries to get control. The fight ends with Big John Mac calling the fight due to strikes.

I dont agree at all.
I can see how you vision Fedor losing via gnp, but they NEED to be bigger & more powerfull than him - that is what would make the difference.......and Couture isnt. Gonzaga or Barnett have the best chance in my opinion....as they are both natually larger men who are great grapplers and would have a better chance of keeping him on his back...............and although I think Couture could get him on his back..........I cant see him keeping him there..........you can never count Randy out..........but for me, he isnt the man to beat fedor at all.......I actually think Fedor matches up very well against Randy.........and there are two side to a coin when you throw elbows into the mix...........imagine Fedor on top using them!!!!

LR
7/11/07 9:50:15AM
Hahaha!

I laugh at the fact that elbows even factor into a Couture win. I fail to see how elbows will even matter. Fedor hasn't been GnP'd really.. ever. Not a substantial amount at all by some of the best GnP guys in the business for the simple fact that he can pop anybody off of him from his back in under 3 seconds. I mean, what do you think Sambo is?

Take for instance the Kevin Randleman fight. Randleman drops Fedor on his head, Fedor goes into guard, Randleman tries to pound him, and 3 seconds later, Fedor has reversed it and has an armlock in place. Couture won't elbow anything, and if he does, he lays his arm out to be submitted. The only thing elbows are going to help is Fedor's GnP is going to be double quick now. He'll be able to land huge blows with some elbows to boot.
Pages: 1 2 [3]