Fedor no longer top ten?!?!?!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor no longer top ten?!?!?!
« Previous Page
BlueSkiesBurn
5/2/10 4:02:07PM
I still think the size of Lesnar and his wrestling ability would give him a slight edge. Plus, Fedor cuts rather easily.
TimW001
5/2/10 4:52:26PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

While most people think that Brock would lose to Fedor, I think Brock would beat him. His GnP is absolutely devastating. I'm sure he'd be able to get Fedor on the ground and pound out a victory. Plus, I don't know what's up with Fedor's hands, he seems to break them every fight. I think his time as a fighter is coming to an end.

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I still think the size of Lesnar and his wrestling ability would give him a slight edge. Plus, Fedor cuts rather easily.

Size cannot be used as an argument considering Lesnar could not beat Randy in the clinch or hold him down on the ground. Size did not beat Randy in that fight, size had NOTING to do with it. And we all know that Lesnar was probably 280+ in that fight, while Randy was around 230.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/2/10 5:19:51PM
Randy is also an Olympic caliber wrestler where as Fedor is not. Fedor does get caught with plenty of shots in his fights. If you look at the punches that Fujita or Rogers landed on Fedor, I think if those came from Brock you'd be looking at a different result.
AchillesHeel
5/2/10 5:42:14PM
So now Lesnar hits harder than Brett Rogers? Has he written The Great American Novel yet? Where's his Nobel Prize?
Rush
5/2/10 5:45:39PM

Posted by TimW001

Size cannot be used as an argument considering Lesnar could not beat Randy in the clinch or hold him down on the ground. Size did not beat Randy in that fight, size had NOTING to do with it. And we all know that Lesnar was probably 280+ in that fight, while Randy was around 230.

That's not what I remember from the fight. The way I looked at it was that Randy could not do anything with Brock, which is not what we're used to seeing in terms of Randy's wrestling. By no means was Brock throwing Randy around like a rag doll, but I felt that he was in control most of the time.

Fedor my not be an Olympic calibre wrestler, but the guy has an unbelievable talent for reversals and locking in submissions in a heartbeat.

I see a Fedor vs. Brock fight ending with Brock in a submission.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/2/10 5:53:09PM
I didn't say he hit harder, dude. His fist just covers a lot more area. Lesnar hits hard. Mir even said it felt like a truck hit him and one punch from Lesnar sent Herring rolling back across the octagon. Let's not take something I said and turn it into a hyperbolic statement. I'm a huge Fedor fan. I just don't know if at this point in his career he could handle a Lesnar. I'd still give him the edge in overall skills.
crushedbacon
5/7/10 6:45:54PM

Posted by Fish_Hook

Here are a list of fighters i believe would beat Fedor if they were to fight tommorow.....

Brock - easy win for lesnar. WAY to big. Would look like what he did to Mir
Carwin - See above.
JDS - i think he'd win fairly easily. Way to fast for Fedor.
Mir-Better in every area, should be a good fight tho.
Gonzaga - Fedor would have a punchers chance, but thats about it.
Machida- Probally pretty easy.
Shogun - KO.
Bones Jones - Fedor wouldnt be the one tossing people on their head in this fight
Anderson Silva- He fights to the level of his competion, therefore he may kill Fedor.

There are a LOT more that COULD beat him. I believe all the people I named would beat him rather easily...embarassing even. I would bet on any of those fighters against Fedor even if they were -200. (thats a 2:1 favorite for non gamblers)

I would also bet on; Rampage, Rashad, AA rematch, Rogers rematch, as well as quite a few more if they were slight underdogs.

I do believe he'll smash Werdum. I think he'd smash Overeem.

I'm not trying to bash him, i just dont buy into all this "lives off the land, trains with grizzly bears, and drinks a pint of vodka for breakfast" mystique.

Please add people if I forgot any. Would u bet on any of them?

Discuss

Mr. Fish Hook, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

BlueSkiesBurn
5/7/10 8:32:59PM
I was waiting for someone to do that.
slapshot
5/8/10 9:48:27AM
Anderson Silva is the most legitimate challenger and I would pick him over Fador, Brock has a chance but I dont see how you can favor him over Fedor. The rest of his picks are not worth commenting on.

Fedor is not just top ten, he's been the best heavyweight for years and is probably the best fighter to step in a ring.

He could start to slide again if he cant find the competition but he'll still be in the top ten probably till he retires.
Jackelope
5/8/10 10:08:42AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I didn't say he hit harder, dude. His fist just covers a lot more area. Lesnar hits hard. Mir even said it felt like a truck hit him and one punch from Lesnar sent Herring rolling back across the octagon. Let's not take something I said and turn it into a hyperbolic statement. I'm a huge Fedor fan. I just don't know if at this point in his career he could handle a Lesnar. I'd still give him the edge in overall skills.

You do know that when it comes to KO power having a fist that covers more area can be a bad thing, right?

A knockout is the brain's way of protecting itself by forcing relaxation of all muscles and preventing resistance that could cause further injury. The reason why snappy punches KO someone better than pushing punches is two fold. Because snappy punches have the speed incorporated to overcome muscle reaction, and because snappy punches have the power incorporated to force the brain against the inside of the skull rapidly enough that the initial impact becomes nearly as great as the secondary impact (which generally causes concussions).

In the case of Lesnar's massive and powerful fists- he has neither. The physical size of his hands may improve the weight and velocity of them, but the slow speed and poor technique with which he throws them negates any advantage gained in velocity. He pushes through his punches which allows softer absorption of them. One should not equate rolling Herring backwards across the cage with having KO power because in and of itself it proves Lesnar does not have standing KO power and most definitely lacks technique.

Does this mean Fedor could beat Lesnar? I have no idea. I think when it comes to the finer points of fighting Fedor is most definitely miles and miles beyond Lesnar, but I don't think that's a fact anyone is disputing. I'm just tired of people saying Lesnar has KO power. Who has he truly KO'd on the feet? NOBODY. Randy was discombobulated by a glancing blow to the mastoid process (understandable). Nobody has gone lights out Melvin Manhoef/Paul Daley style.
slapshot
5/8/10 10:40:02AM
Even with that said Fedor can be clipped and I think "IF" brock got him in trouble he would finish him. I just dont think Brock could compete with Fedor's striking.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/8/10 4:56:06PM

Posted by Jackelope

You do know that when it comes to KO power having a fist that covers more area can be a bad thing, right?

A knockout is the brain's way of protecting itself by forcing relaxation of all muscles and preventing resistance that could cause further injury. The reason why snappy punches KO someone better than pushing punches is two fold. Because snappy punches have the speed incorporated to overcome muscle reaction, and because snappy punches have the power incorporated to force the brain against the inside of the skull rapidly enough that the initial impact becomes nearly as great as the secondary impact (which generally causes concussions).

In the case of Lesnar's massive and powerful fists- he has neither. The physical size of his hands may improve the weight and velocity of them, but the slow speed and poor technique with which he throws them negates any advantage gained in velocity. He pushes through his punches which allows softer absorption of them. One should not equate rolling Herring backwards across the cage with having KO power because in and of itself it proves Lesnar does not have standing KO power and most definitely lacks technique.

Does this mean Fedor could beat Lesnar? I have no idea. I think when it comes to the finer points of fighting Fedor is most definitely miles and miles beyond Lesnar, but I don't think that's a fact anyone is disputing. I'm just tired of people saying Lesnar has KO power. Who has he truly KO'd on the feet? NOBODY. Randy was discombobulated by a glancing blow to the mastoid process (understandable). Nobody has gone lights out Melvin Manhoef/Paul Daley style.

Let me rectify something right now. I do not believe that Lesnar has KO power. I probably gave a bad example. I was just referencing the size of Lesnar's fist, combined with his power, as having the ability to put someone on the canvas, not finish them. I think if Lesnar had KO power he would knocked out Mir the first time when he floored him. He also would have knocked out Herring. Now, conversely, there's Carwin, who obviously DOES have knockout power to accompany his lunchboxes. Much like you said, Jackelope, I don't consider the Couture TKO a knockout because of two reasons, one it didn't knock him out, secondly, Couture, at this stage, doesn't have the ability to take a punch as well as other fighters so it's not a fair litmus test of knockout power. I am sorry if you thought I was implying Lesnar has KO power, I don't think he does. Not like Carwin, anyhow.
placente
5/8/10 8:53:35PM
fish hook either hates fedor, or has not seen fedor fight. if you are gonna bash a fighter at least give him credit for what he's done. The fact is that fedor would beat half of those fighters he mentioned, the other ones like AS or brock would be harder to fights for him, but seeing all that he's done and gone through i have no doubh hes in the top 3 if not 1 pfp in the world.
Wolfgang666
5/22/10 2:58:06PM
Brock - easy win for lesnar. WAY to big. Would look like what he did to Mir
Carwin - See above.
JDS - i think he'd win fairly easily. Way to fast for Fedor.
Mir-Better in every area, should be a good fight tho.
Gonzaga - Fedor would have a punchers chance, but thats about it.

Does anyone know what "prisoner of the moment" means?

Mir better in every area? So which season of TUF got you involved in Ultimate Fighting?
Pages: 1 [2]