Fedor no longer top ten?!?!?!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor no longer top ten?!?!?!
Next Page »
Fish_Hook
4/29/10 1:32:18PM
Here are a list of fighters i believe would beat Fedor if they were to fight tommorow.....

Brock - easy win for lesnar. WAY to big. Would look like what he did to Mir
Carwin - See above.
JDS - i think he'd win fairly easily. Way to fast for Fedor.
Mir-Better in every area, should be a good fight tho.
Gonzaga - Fedor would have a punchers chance, but thats about it.
Machida- Probally pretty easy.
Shogun - KO.
Bones Jones - Fedor wouldnt be the one tossing people on their head in this fight
Anderson Silva- He fights to the level of his competion, therefore he may kill Fedor.

There are a LOT more that COULD beat him. I believe all the people I named would beat him rather easily...embarassing even. I would bet on any of those fighters against Fedor even if they were -200. (thats a 2:1 favorite for non gamblers)

I would also bet on; Rampage, Rashad, AA rematch, Rogers rematch, as well as quite a few more if they were slight underdogs.

I do believe he'll smash Werdum. I think he'd smash Overeem.

I'm not trying to bash him, i just dont buy into all this "lives off the land, trains with grizzly bears, and drinks a pint of vodka for breakfast" mystique.

Please add people if I forgot any. Would u bet on any of them?

Discuss

emfleek
4/29/10 1:54:37PM
Wait...is today 4/20?

lohmann
4/29/10 2:07:01PM

Posted by Fish_Hook

Here are a list of fighters i believe would beat Fedor if they were to fight tommorow.....

Carwin - See above.
Shogun - KO.
Bones Jones - Fedor wouldnt be the one tossing people on their head in this fight
Anderson Silva- He fights to the level of his competion, therefore he may kill Fedor.

There are a LOT more that COULD beat him. I believe all the people I named would beat him rather easily...embarassing even. I would bet on any of those fighters against Fedor even if they were -200. (thats a 2:1 favorite for non gamblers)

I would also bet on; Rampage, Rashad, AA rematch, Rogers rematch, as well as quite a few more if they were slight underdogs.

I'm not trying to bash him, i just dont buy into all this "lives off the land, trains with grizzly bears, and drinks a pint of vodka for breakfast" mystique.

Discuss

I would like to point out that Fedor's speed at heavyweight is a leading reason he is so dominant. He's unmatched in that department, and once it noticeably declines, his streak's end will be near. It will have to decline a lot before he's easy to catch though. (Fedor literally gets hit the least of any top fighter in the world - less than Anderson Silva, Georges St. Pierre, Lyoto Machida, etc.)

As for the rest: no, I don't think anybody at heavyweight right now defeats Fedor Emelianenko. Two years from now, I think Fedor may be old enough and a few prospects will be developed enough to take him out though.
grappler0000
4/29/10 4:31:07PM
How does one even respond to this?
vistol
4/29/10 4:49:19PM
brock maybe but only because of the massive size difference. the others i dont see being good enough on there feet or savy enough on the ground to deal with fedor. there is no "hype" when it comes to fedor. i have been watching him fight since the late 90s and everytime i have every thought "this opponent is going to be tough for him"(randleman,crocop,nog,pitbull,silvia) the fight hasnt even been close. not to say that the men you named arent great fighters, and not to say that fedor CANT be beat. its going to take someone that is as smart as the are good to beat fedor
BlueSkiesBurn
4/29/10 4:58:56PM
Before people spout of that Lesnar would win because of his size I would like to point out this....
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
Pookie
4/29/10 5:02:10PM

Posted by grappler0000

With a and a good day.
AchillesHeel
4/29/10 5:22:25PM
/facepalm

seanfu
4/29/10 6:23:14PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Before people spout of that Lesnar would win because of his size I would like to point out this....

Except Lesnar is actually talented too.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/29/10 6:31:44PM
320lbs is 320lbs. Not to mention Lesnar isn't the worlds best at defending submissions. But yes, he is more talented than HMC
sbulldavid
4/29/10 6:57:15PM
There's a lot of people that can beat Fedor, going out and actually doing it is another story. Brock is not that talented, and never has a game plan, so I don't think he would do it . People forget how effective Fedor's sambo is, you don't get a record like that by being lucky.
marcoDGK
4/29/10 7:51:20PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I think we should also point out his record while we are out it.
hate4thestate
4/29/10 8:56:51PM
fedor would absolutely smash mir. shogun, machida, silva and jones idk. havent seen them at hw before. gonzaga would get owned horribly. so jds carwin and brock...

the only real threat i see here is carwin with his enormous power but still. isnt anything fedors seen before and after the way gonzaga rocked carwin i would be scared that fedor would murder him. jds is quick and good powerful hands. but fedor would probably catch him sooner or later but dos santos might have a chin on him never really seen him hurt before. brock... brock would get schooled like a 5 year old against fedor. fedor has faught top wrestlers before its nothing new to him.
postman
4/29/10 9:28:35PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by grappler0000

With a and a good day.

DAMN!@!@! IT That was what I was thinking!
Taylor8766
4/29/10 10:20:48PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

you've got to be joking
TheGodfather1024
4/29/10 11:20:47PM
this is a joke right?
tdietel01
4/29/10 11:31:15PM
I will just stick with brock on this one, he is massive, he is extremely atyhletic for his size and he is an extremely dominant wrestler. I would Def, pick him over fedor. That is assuming he doesnt try and stand with him, and you know brock would train sub defense non stop so i wouldnt imagine that would be too much of a problem.
mrsmiley
4/30/10 12:07:08AM

Posted by Fish_Hook

Carwin - See above.
Shogun - KO.

Discuss

Is Fedor still top 10?
Yes that's not even a legit question. Now if he continues with his current path and does not fight other top 10 fighters then yes,he will go down in the rankings piece by piece. It's not to that point yet but it is getting closer.

Brock- Could Brock beat Fedor? I would think he's got a legit chance. But the truth is Brocks fighting credentials have not even reached the double digits yet and just because you gained the UFC HW title in just a few fights does not mean you've learned everything about fighting. It's just not that simple. Brock is a complete monster without a doubt,but I have yet to see anything he offers that proves he would stand solid and defeat Fedor.Brock is evolving fight by fight and maybe if he continues in the same fashion he would beat Fedor. It would be tough to call but I would not give it to Lesnar 100%.

Carwin- See above (For the most part)

JDS- Amazing fighter but I hope he could keep it standing. Even then it's still a good fight for Fedor

Mir- Is not in anyway better in every aspect than Fedor. Mir is a good fighter but severly lacks the consistancy Fedor has shown.

Gonzaga- Great fighter but as we've seen in past fights it seems like he just loses his heart if his opponent can take what he dishes. I think Fedor would ask for seconds,then send him to the cleaners much like Couture did.

Machida-????? It would be interesting. The one thing Machida would have problems with is Fedors killer instinct but this match would be intriguing to watch.

Shogun- I doubt this fight would ever happen. Who knows.

Jon Jones- No comment

Anderson- Would be a good fight as long as Anderson doesn't showboat.

Caesarrrr
4/30/10 1:27:47PM

Posted by Fish_Hook

Carwin - See above.
Shogun - KO.

Discuss

Of all of those, I'd only bet on Carwin and Silva. I say Carwin because I've bought into the Hype the UFC has behind him, and I'm a nuthugger. The same goes for Silva.

Idk if you've ever seen fedor fight, but you have to understand that he's been hit hard before, he's been slammed, but he hasn't lost....
ncordless
4/30/10 5:42:01PM
sigh
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
BustedKnuckle
4/30/10 8:50:37PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

You can NOT!! atempt to compare Lesnar and HMC. Lesnar actually uses his size to his advantage and the wrestling ......the WRESTLING!!! is not even comparable!!

I tend to agree with the TS. Fedor needs to fight the best ........if I only had a quarter for everytie I said that.....over the last 4-5 yrs. I'd be rich! AA, and Timmahh arnt the best. Flat out! They were cut from the BEST! The cream of the crop in the UFC would tear Fedor up. Thats is why he fights in SF! FLAME AWAY!!!!
BlueSkiesBurn
4/30/10 9:12:25PM
I am not comparing their skill-set. I am just comparing their size. 320lbs is still 320lbs. It's difficult to do much with someone like that laying on top of you. I even said that Lesnar was far superior in talent. I'm just talking sheer size.
cmill21
5/1/10 1:24:46PM
IIRC Brett was in the top 10 on most sites, he was just coming off that demolition of AA who was also top 10 when Fedor crushed him, then you can look at the fact that Tim had JUST lost the UFC title fight to nog, so he may have been top 10. Fedor beats guys out of the top 10
chickmagnet
5/1/10 5:58:59PM
This is the biggest joke of a thread. This thread is almost fighter bashing...No way in this life or the next does, Gonzaga beat Fedor. Plus you think all of these guys would beat Fedor but wheres Velasquez? Velasquez would beat most of the guys listed. The only three I see giving Fedor troubles are, Carwin and Velasquez maybe JDS based on styles.

Fedor would be too quick for Lesnar, Ground game is far superior.

Mir? Would wilt under the pressure.

Machida and Shogun couldnt handle Fedors strength.

Bones Jones? has beat one reputable opponent and now he'll kill Fedor???

I dont see Anderson doing well against anyone at HW.

Rashad and Rampage, arent on the same level as Machida/Shogun so they havent got a chance either.

Rogers and AA???

I wouldnt bet against Fedor ever.....
TimW001
5/2/10 3:30:23AM
Who has Brock even beat to become the best?
BlueSkiesBurn
5/2/10 4:27:14AM
I guess Randy and Mir?
AchillesHeel
5/2/10 9:16:48AM

Posted by TimW001

Kurt Angle.
TimW001
5/2/10 2:43:01PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by TimW001

Kurt Angle.

BlueSkiesBurn
5/2/10 3:37:13PM
While most people think that Brock would lose to Fedor, I think Brock would beat him. His GnP is absolutely devastating. I'm sure he'd be able to get Fedor on the ground and pound out a victory. Plus, I don't know what's up with Fedor's hands, he seems to break them every fight. I think his time as a fighter is coming to an end.
AchillesHeel
5/2/10 3:55:00PM

"Shoot. I think I broke my hand on his face..." *

"Darn it! I did it again!" *

"Try an uppercut next time." **

"Hey! No giving pointers!" **

* Translated from the Russian.
** Translated from the Portuguese.
Pages: [1] 2