Fedor at LHW in UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fedor at LHW in UFC
TeamDEY
3/14/11 10:39:53AM
I know Fedor probably will never go to LHW even though he absolutely could, but how do you think he would do in the UFC LHW Division. I personally think he would absolutely be a contender. I could see him beating Rashad, Page, and Machida. I think it would be awesome to see.... to bad it will never happen.
Budgellism
3/14/11 10:48:26AM

Posted by TeamDEY

I know Fedor probably will never go to LHW even though he absolutely could, but how do you think he would do in the UFC LHW Division. I personally think he would absolutely be a contender. I could see him beating Rashad, Page, and Machida. I think it would be awesome to see.... to bad it will never happen.

Fedor at LHW could go one of two ways. It could be amazing and the best decision he's ever made or the weight cut would hurt his performance considerably. Personally I would love to see it but I don't see it going well.

Fedor never cut weight for his mma career, which has been going on for a long time. Just starting to cut weight at his age after his career could severely drain his gas tank, especially for the first couple of cuts. That and Fedor has always been that medium sized heavyweight that had knockout power and a great deal of speed. If Fedor drops to 205 he loses that speed advantage right off the bat.

Fedor has always treated this as his job, not his passion. I just don't think he's in any position to be thinking about cutting weight this late in his career unless he's really focused on being a fighter and wanting to win another championship.
tcunningham
3/15/11 12:40:17AM
he should have done it long before now, back when he was in his prime. hes one of the greatest ever but not anymore. he didnt look good at all against werdum of bigfoot. people love him so much they just cant seem to fathom that fedor is out of his prime and in no way the best fighter any longer. cain, kharitonov, overeem, lesner, JDS, and so many current heavyweights would do to fedor what bigfoot already did. im not knocking on the guy, im just saying you cant be the best forever.