Fedor vs. Klitschko in a boxing or kick boxing fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor vs. Klitschko in a boxing or kick boxing fight
Orlandi0053
4/15/07 12:01:55AM
I was just putting this on as a joke but wondering how people would think about the toughest mma fighter fighting one of the greatest boxers of the decade in a boxing match or kick boxing match.........................who do you think would win?
Trapt1nw0nder
4/15/07 12:51:57AM
Mr. Klitschko would win ....2nd or 3rd round KO...only because Klitschko is a slow starter.....and he hits twice as hard as Crocop.

there is no way Fedor can beat even someone ranked like in the 50's.......and Klitschko is #1 heavy in the world....not only that,but a DOMINATING heavyweight...

richieb19
4/15/07 12:54:24AM
Klitcschko hands down... no comparison...
kerazzle
4/15/07 1:22:25AM
its obvious....the professional boxer would win and that is Klitschko. But in mma the professional mixed martial artist is fedor so he would win. Simple as that.
The_Metal_Maniac
4/15/07 1:31:01AM
In a boxing match there is no comparison Klitschko wins via KO 1st or 2nd. In a MMA match, well that's a whole diffrent story.
Pookie
4/15/07 3:36:18AM
If it was a kick boxing match i would go with fedor, if the gloves were light.
bayonetxwork
4/15/07 2:29:25PM

Posted by Pookie

I'm going to put my money down that you don't know who Klitschko is.
ncordless
4/15/07 3:15:34PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Pookie

It's tough for anyone to know who we are talking about since there are two Klitschko's
Pookie
4/15/07 3:36:36PM
klitchko doesnt have a good chin. and with smaller gloves alot of boxing techniques are nulled. and with fedor doing leg kicks too, the reach is nulled as well.
Junior24
4/15/07 7:48:43PM
Too vague. You need to stipulate the scenerios. 10-12oz gloves in a soley boxing match? Klitschko. 3oz. gloves mma rules, cage or ring, Fedor. How do you know Klitschko hits harder than Fedor.
Juggernaut
4/15/07 10:09:00PM
I'd like to see them go at it bareknuckle, boxing only. that would be interesting
ButterBalls
4/15/07 10:44:40PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Pookie

It's tough for anyone to know who we are talking about since there are two Klitschko's

exactly what I was thinking

I always though Vitali was the better of the two though.
ButterBalls
4/15/07 10:47:52PM

Posted by Pookie

klitchko doesnt have a good chin. and with smaller gloves alot of boxing techniques are nulled. and with fedor doing leg kicks too, the reach is nulled as well.

You must be thinking of Wladamir. Vitali damn near/probably would have beat Lennox Lewis if it wasn't for a cut. However, neither one of them a pushovers, but I think Vitali is retired, I don't think he has fought since 04 or 05.
richieb19
4/15/07 10:55:36PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Pookie

Obviously not, and the fact that hes comparing him to Fedor instead of a top echelon MMA striker makes me think he knows little about the subject as a whole...

Fedor is highly overrated by the fans IMHO...
ButterBalls
4/16/07 1:21:41AM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Pookie

Obviously not, and the fact that hes comparing him to Fedor instead of a top echelon MMA striker makes me think he knows little about the subject as a whole...

I'd pay to see either of them to fight in K-1. It would be interesting to see how they fared against someone like LeBanner. Hell, even Crocop would be worth watching, I don't see Mirko taking the fight to the ground.
Pookie
4/17/07 3:15:28PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Pookie

In a kickboxing match neither of the klitcshko brothers would have the tools to win. Im not saying fedors standup is phenomenal. But boxers are not used to getting kicked in the leg. 2 solid leg kicks, which would go unguarded from a boxer 95% of the time, would kill that leg. which effectively takes away the klitchkos jab becuase of the balance issues of shifting back and forward in quick succession on your legs. that would take away the gamplan of the klitchkos right there since they are dominant jabbers...

Now is it wladamir or Vitale? If it was wladamir, his chin sucks, its terrible. fedor would tear him apart in stand up after some legs kicks. Vitale is another issue although i think he has less skill as aboxer.
pv3Hpv3p
4/17/07 4:20:30PM

Posted by butterballs

Posted by richieb19

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Pookie

I'd pay to see either of them to fight in K-1. It would be interesting to see how they fared against someone like LeBanner. Hell, even Crocop would be worth watching, I don't see Mirko taking the fight to the ground.

Doesn't Mirko occasionally train with one of the Klitschko's? I thought that I heard that somewhere...

and c'mon now guys, isn't it a little harsh saying that the guy has a weak chin? He's only been KO'd once (with two TKO's), and fights hvywt boxers... Anything can happen with those guys, they all throw heavy leather...

And I'm assuming that since Fedor has won only 6 fights by TKO and Wlady has (T)KO'd 43 of his 48 victims with much heavier gloves... That would mean that Dr. Steel Hammer is the harder hitter, IMO
ButterBalls
4/18/07 1:05:36AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by richieb19

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Pookie

In a kickboxing match neither of the klitcshko brothers would have the tools to win. Im not saying fedors standup is phenomenal. But boxers are not used to getting kicked in the leg. 2 solid leg kicks, which would go unguarded from a boxer 95% of the time, would kill that leg. which effectively takes away the klitchkos jab becuase of the balance issues of shifting back and forward in quick succession on your legs. that would take away the gamplan of the klitchkos right there since they are dominant jabbers...

Now is it wladamir or Vitale? If it was wladamir, his chin sucks, its terrible. fedor would tear him apart in stand up after some legs kicks. Vitale is another issue although i think he has less skill as aboxer.

Umm...you do know Vitale was a kickboxer before he started boxing, correct? From everything I've read, he won several amatuer and professional tournaments in Europe in the 80's and 90's, but started boxing only when he was in his early 20's. It wouldn't suprise me in Wlad knows a tad about kickboxing as well, considering the fact that they've trained together thier whole lives...

Don't believe me? Here is a video of Vitale kickboxing James Warring. Its OLD, probably from the 80's. He looks to be about 20 and is rail ass thin, but its him. FYI, Warring went on to be an IBF Champion boxer as well I believe. Vitale loses by decision in the fight.
Vitale kickboxing

FYI, Wlad does not have a glass jaw. He has been knocked out once in his professional career and is ranked the #1 HW in the world by many people. Everyone loses from time to time. Tyson got beat by Douglas, does he have a glass jaw now too?

Pookie, you may know MMA (may), but stay out of the boxing chit chat.
ButterBalls
4/20/07 9:21:51AM
winnAr?
pv3Hpv3p
4/20/07 10:38:18AM

Posted by butterballs

winnAr?

that's got to be me, I got the post out before you

In all seriousness... I didn't know that Vitali ever kickboxed... Makes sense though, I guess you've got to go where the money is, right?
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/20/07 1:51:23PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Pookie

Actually Fedor is a great kickboxer. He was winning all his rounds against the guys at Vos gym when he was prepping for Mirko. hands and Feet IMO Fedor just Hands Klit
ButterBalls
4/21/07 1:34:21AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by butterballs

winnAr?

In all seriousness... I didn't know that Vitali ever kickboxed... Makes sense though, I guess you've got to go where the money is, right?

you did, I admit it.

Sorry, it just drives me crazy when MMA fans who know next to nothing about boxers and boxing run thier mouths. Don't get me wrong, I like MMA more than I like boxing, but I've followed boxing my whole life, and MMA most of it, and it blows my mind hearing some of the uneducated garbage people throw out there. Most professional boxers are amazing atheletes that could be very competetive in MMA if they trained for it. Its just that the good ones tend to stick with boxing and thier 10 million dollar paydays. I mean seriously, does anyone really believe that Tyson, in his prime, training boxing and MMA, would be a can? De La Hoya? Duran? Leonard? Look at the success Butterbean has had...and lets face it, as much as I love the guy, he isn't the cream of the crop when it comes to pure athleticism and talent.
pv3Hpv3p
4/21/07 1:59:26AM

Posted by butterballs

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by butterballs

winnAr?

you did, I admit it.

Sorry, it just drives me crazy when MMA fans who know next to nothing about boxers and boxing run thier mouths. Don't get me wrong, I like MMA more than I like boxing, but I've followed boxing my whole life, and MMA most of it, and it blows my mind hearing some of the uneducated garbage people throw out there. Most professional boxers are amazing atheletes that could be very competetive in MMA if they trained for it. Its just that the good ones tend to stick with boxing and thier 10 million dollar paydays. I mean seriously, does anyone really believe that Tyson, in his prime, training boxing and MMA, would be a can? De La Hoya? Duran? Leonard? Look at the success Butterbean has had...and lets face it, as much as I love the guy, he isn't the cream of the crop when it comes to pure athleticism and talent.

I'm with you there man... I haven't seen too many threads on here about it... But if you check out Sherdog, every couple of weeks you see:

FERDOR'S BOXING IS BETTER THAN TYSON'S EVER WAS!!! HE'S FASTER, STRONGER, AND WAY MORE EXPLOSIVE!!!

Fedor is a god in the MMA ring, but these comparisons are horrible... I don't usually like to use the term nutthugger, but this is blatantly, almost painfully the definition... It's good to know that some folks on here are levelheaded
ButterBalls
4/22/07 12:14:45AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by butterballs

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by butterballs

winnAr?

you did, I admit it.

I'm with you there man... I haven't seen too many threads on here about it... But if you check out Sherdog, every couple of weeks you see:

FERDOR'S BOXING IS BETTER THAN TYSON'S EVER WAS!!! HE'S FASTER, STRONGER, AND WAY MORE EXPLOSIVE!!!

Fedor is a god in the MMA ring, but these comparisons are horrible... I don't usually like to use the term nutthugger, but this is blatantly, almost painfully the definition... It's good to know that some folks on here are levelheaded

hence why I have like 50 posts on Sherdog...the place is a wasteland.
pv3Hpv3p
4/22/07 2:59:24AM

Posted by butterballs

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by butterballs

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by butterballs

winnAr?

you did, I admit it.

hence why I have like 50 posts on Sherdog...the place is a wasteland.

It's a shame because they're a really good resource for news/info and I like their fight finder as well... But their forums are just a joke