Do you want Fedor to get an immediate UFC title shot or a tune up fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Do you want Fedor to get an immediate UFC title shot or a tune up fight?
« Previous Page
Shadymlm
7/26/09 6:46:53AM

Posted by postman

Posted by Shadymlm

I say give him a tune up fight first that way theres no excuses when Brock destroys him! Thats right I said it, Brock destroys Fedor!

Care to go into detail of how you see Fedor getting Trashed? Since NO ONE has done it how do you see it going down. This should be good.

IMO Brock has already started training for Fedor since the recent news of Affliction going under, and with that training he will neutralize the stand up take Fedor down at will with ease.Yes Fedor is a great fighter but the size speed and power of Brock will be too much it would be like GSP facing a LHW he's great but at some point size dies matter. And Brok is a very skilled wrestler, he will take Fedor down, control and DESTROY him. Fedor walks around at 220 Brock walks around at 285+ It's a no brainer, he's no Bob Sapp he's big with skills and athletic ability and sooner or later every MMA fan is gonna realize that Brock is the real deal, no matter how unsportsman-like he is.
Shadymlm
7/26/09 6:51:32AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Shadymlm

I say give him a tune up fight first that way theres no excuses when Brock destroys him! Thats right I said it, Brock destroys Fedor!

If this fight ever happens I will make you a yearlong avatar bet on it. I will wear any Brock photo you want if he wins, even the one with the shark.

You're on!!!! Brock's gonna DESTROY HIM!!! Can I get a witness on this av bet????????
Shadymlm
7/26/09 7:00:35AM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Posted by Shadymlm

coming from the guy with the Tito Ortiz av

And this coming from the guy who's season record is 4-5... I get it you don't like Tito or Brock 2 of the biggest draws in UFC history. You're right Tito's a bum he only held the MW and LHW title and Brock well he's a nobody, it's not like he's the HW Champion or anything.... BTW Nice AV...
hippysmacker
7/26/09 7:23:25AM

Posted by Shadymlm

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Shadymlm

If this fight ever happens I will make you a yearlong avatar bet on it. I will wear any Brock photo you want if he wins, even the one with the shark.

You're on!!!! Brock's gonna DESTROY HIM!!! Can I get a witness on this av bet????????

Done deal. Any av with Brock or your favorite sports team vs any Fedor AV or my favorite sports team. No childish or gay slogans though. Just a picture
DCRage
7/26/09 8:15:28AM
Give him the immediate title shot. It's Fedor and if it's Brock it would easily be the biggest Heavyweight fight to date in MMA history. Load up the undercard and dare we say 2 million PPV buys?
RandyCouture
7/26/09 12:36:49PM
Fedor throws a strait right off the bat right down lesnars pipe stumbling the 265 pound monster, brock immediately shoots for the take down as brock lifts fedor off the ground fedor pulls some crazy submission most american mma fans dont see after the ref jumps in all the fans are stunned not knowing what happened, the fans later find out of a insanely screaming joe rogan that fedor just won the match via flying gogaplata, while joe rogan is interviewing fedor in the post fight interview he sh*** his pants in excitement and fedor knock him out for sh*** this pants in the vicinity of the king thats just how i see it going down.

Anyways Immediately title shot end of story a fighter like fedor does not need a tune up fight he would be insulted IMO.
TMIL316
7/26/09 5:52:35PM
omg that was funny as hell u just made my day with the flying gogo comment ahhh hilarious
tepid55
7/26/09 6:04:53PM
I think he should get an immediate title shot.
gcraig22
7/26/09 6:40:28PM
I would like to see Fedor get Lesnar first. After he wins he will give Randy a title shot out of respect.
RNC
7/26/09 7:40:42PM
The UFC will not give Fedor a tune up fight, not after what happened to Cro Cop. Cro Cop was going to be a huge draw for the UFC. They offered him an immediate shot at Couture for the belt and his management decided he should have a tune up fight instead. Then he got KTFO.

If they give Fedor a tune up fight and he just so happens to lose then his drawing power is out of the door and all that money that they dished out to sign him was meaningless. Fedor will get an immediate shot at Brock and the UFC will make sure its the biggest fight of the year.
deezyo
7/27/09 12:29:14AM
title shot
JimiMak
7/27/09 10:21:07PM
To me there's plus's and minus's to both. He might want a tune up. He might want it immediate. This is one point where I would be lenient in negotiations.

If he gets a tune up and loses that blows everything. More so than getting the shot and losing. It would effect his legacy as well as the amount of money being spent on him and a lot of other things.

If he doesn't and loses the excuses start immediately.

I realize he beats almost (if not) everyone in UFC HW most of the time... but if you're gonna risk all that needs to be done to get him, and in this day and sport where anyone can get a shocker win, it's hard to say you don't give him the shot right away unless he really says he wants a tune up.

Needless to say if he loses any of his first two or three fights that will really mess things up... if they're gonna jump thru all these hoops for him they will want him to be as dominant as he was five years ago. Looks like that wouldn't be a problem for him but this is a sport where anything can and does happen.
bigbubbano23
7/27/09 10:59:10PM
give him a title shot,

but lets make it a two on one brock and randy vs fedor. thats the only way i'll call fedor the best p4p fighter.
RhythmAndStyle
7/28/09 12:51:44PM
it's funny as hell to see ya'll Brock Lesnar fans get stupid..thinkin he would destroy Fedor..thats the funniest thing I ever herd since becomin an mma fan..hahahah..ya'll kats are way too delusional..put down the crack-pipe..and go watch some Fedor videos...
pv3Hpv3p
7/28/09 3:50:25PM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

Posted by Wolfenstein

As a fan, I would like to see him fight Lesnar. If I were running the UFC though, I would give him a legit HW to introduce him to the non-hardcore fans. Hopefully he scores a highlight reel worthy finish, and the real hype begins. I mean I could see Lesnar vs Fedor topping UFC 100 PPV buys if they build it up just right.

i definitely agree. i believe Fedor would smoke Brock, but i would hate to see him lose due to nerves or Cage rust. If he fought Randy that would more than hype a mega fight against Brock.

Dont get me wrong Fedor Definitely deserves a title shot and there is nothing else i wanna see than him beat on Lesnar!

I get what your saying, but there is always the possibility that he could have a fluke loss or maybe the "cagerust" would effect him in his tune up... I mean they fed Noguearia a guy he'd already beaten twice (Herring) and he almost got his head kicked off in the first... It's risky either way, but I could see them give him a guy like Kongo just to build some hype I guess... If it was me, Brock / Fedor right away, figure the rest out later
fonduktoe
7/28/09 6:59:54PM
dana white has said several times over that if fedor fights in the ufc he will get an immediate title shot
henderson got 2 immediate title shots so the idea of giving fedor a tune-up fight seems silly to me when everyone is clamoring for lesnar v emelianenko
Pages: 1 [2]