Do you want Fedor to get an immediate UFC title shot or a tune up fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Do you want Fedor to get an immediate UFC title shot or a tune up fight?
Next Page »
joshryanshepherd
7/25/09 12:22:06AM
tune up fight for me

He more than deserves it but like Rampage, Fedor would need a tune up fight before fighting Brock.

im sorry Nog, but if you got injured and Fedor got to step in your place next month against Randy that would be perfect.

not only a super fight with Randy but also a super fight with Brock.

Fans=
Dana=
Randy=
Brock=
Fedor
Bowen50
7/25/09 12:30:27AM
i disagree. i think Fedor is more than ready to come in a fight for the title. granted he isn't used to the cage but a fighter his caliber, given the right amount of time, should be able to adapt quickly in training.
Kpro
7/25/09 12:33:39AM
It's been said multiple times by the UFC that he'd get an immediate title shot and that's the way it should be. Especially with the money you'd have to be forking over, he'd better be headlining for the title.
Wolfenstein
7/25/09 12:39:10AM
As a fan, I would like to see him fight Lesnar. If I were running the UFC though, I would give him a legit HW to introduce him to the non-hardcore fans. Hopefully he scores a highlight reel worthy finish, and the real hype begins. I mean I could see Lesnar vs Fedor topping UFC 100 PPV buys if they build it up just right.
KaibaThedon
7/25/09 12:42:52AM
I would say immediate shot.

You know exactly who this guy is.
joshryanshepherd
7/25/09 12:50:16AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

As a fan, I would like to see him fight Lesnar. If I were running the UFC though, I would give him a legit HW to introduce him to the non-hardcore fans. Hopefully he scores a highlight reel worthy finish, and the real hype begins. I mean I could see Lesnar vs Fedor topping UFC 100 PPV buys if they build it up just right.

i definitely agree. i believe Fedor would smoke Brock, but i would hate to see him lose due to nerves or Cage rust. If he fought Randy that would more than hype a mega fight against Brock.

Dont get me wrong Fedor Definitely deserves a title shot and there is nothing else i wanna see than him beat on Lesnar!
John_Jobber
7/25/09 1:06:30AM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

Posted by Wolfenstein
i would hate to see him lose due to nerves or Cage rust.

I don't think you have to worry about that. Fedor had his nerves surgically removed at the age of 9.

As far as the title shot - of course! How could Brock possibly get his title shot when he did - with the history he did (or lack thereof) - and deny Fedor?!? Impossible... even for Dana and the UFC.
Irish_Pride
7/25/09 1:15:15AM
I think Fedor should be given 1 fight before his title shot. I mean Fedor deserves the title shot but not many people know about Fedor. Only the serious MMA fans know about him other people that are just UFC fans wouldn't really know who Fedor is. If they gave Fedor an immediate title shot, some people would be like "oh man, this is going to be fight of the century" but then other people are going to be like "Who is Fedor?". I say give him one fight just to show everyone who he is and why he deserves the shot at the title.
StorminYourman
7/25/09 1:34:18AM
Fedor should get imediate title shot and Randy should get a crack at him after win or lose for either the two.
chuckw94
7/25/09 1:48:03AM
immediate title shot
ChokeUout
7/25/09 1:49:34AM

Posted by StorminYourman

Fedor should get imediate title shot and Randy should get a crack at him after win or lose for either the two.

I agree with this statement 200%. If Fedor comes to the UFC, he should get Brock, then Randy, in that order.

And yeah, Fedor should and will get the title shot if he comes in. A tune-up fight would be a waste of time in my opinion. If some people already call Fedor the P4P king, a tune-up fight would be useless. It'd just be a risk in case he loses. The UFC would want Fedor vs Brock, and I don't see then taking a risk when it's on the table now.

Of course, this is all riding on the UFC actually getting Fedor to put the pen on the paper...
TimW001
7/25/09 2:17:13AM
How, in any way, would Fedor deserve a tune up fight? Even Dana said he'd get an immediate title shot.
seanfu
7/25/09 2:42:00AM
I wanna see Carwin vs Brock first though. Period. Feed someone to Fedor. Randy vs Fedor has been said already.

All I know is I'm pretty sure Fedor loses in the UFC. Too many wrestlers. Carwin, Brock, Randy, possibly Cain if he has a better show.

Personally my biggest Fedor fights would be vs Brock (of coarse), and I think Fedor vs Lyoto would be an IN ******* SANE matchup.
Nightmare27
7/25/09 2:44:25AM
Title shot. Now that they have a partnership with Affliction they could get the footage of him beating two former UFC Champions which should be enough for those who dont know him. Not to mention all of the Pride footage that they already own.
postman
7/25/09 3:05:12AM

Posted by seanfu

I wanna see Carwin vs Brock first though. Period. Feed someone to Fedor. Randy vs Fedor has been said already.

All I know is I'm pretty sure Fedor loses in the UFC. Too many wrestlers. Carwin, Brock, Randy, possibly Cain if he has a better show.

Personally my biggest Fedor fights would be vs Brock (of coarse), and I think Fedor vs Lyoto would be an IN ******* SANE matchup.

See Kevin Randelman fight
hippysmacker
7/25/09 4:50:19AM
If Fedor is wiling to sign a contract that ties him to the UFC, I say he gets an immediate title shot. Although in my mind it's Lesanr getting a chance to fight Fedor really. The UFC has shown a willingness to bend on the Sambo, but they are not going to let a guy come in on a one fight deal , fight for the belt, and probably leave the champion. Also, Fedors management is in no way going to get any kind of co-promotion rights. That just seems ridiculous IMO. Even if you are someone who actually believes Lesnar will beat Fedor it's just to much to risk from a logical business point of view. Maybe the UFC could buy out M-1? If they don't ask too much I could theoretically see that happening.
Rush
7/25/09 7:17:25AM
Ask me this question when the papers are signed.
prozacnation1978
7/25/09 9:17:38AM
title shot first or tune up with couture first
make the old man happy
cowcatcher
7/25/09 9:29:56AM
id almost want to see him fight randy right off the bat because its been so long in the making but if he ends up in the ufc im not gonna complain no matter who he fights......except weems
Aleks_Smash
7/25/09 11:06:48AM
dana has already stated that he is an immediate title fight.
Shadymlm
7/25/09 12:40:44PM
I say give him a tune up fight first that way theres no excuses when Brock destroys him! Thats right I said it, Brock destroys Fedor!
postman
7/25/09 12:49:53PM

Posted by Shadymlm

I say give him a tune up fight first that way theres no excuses when Brock destroys him! Thats right I said it, Brock destroys Fedor!

Care to go into detail of how you see Fedor getting Trashed? Since NO ONE has done it how do you see it going down. This should be good.
Jackelope
7/25/09 1:04:23PM

Posted by postman

Posted by seanfu

Not saying Fedor would lose all of his fights, but as far as I can remember it has traditionally been very good wrestlers who have gotten Fedor into some trouble throughout his career.
hippysmacker
7/25/09 4:47:02PM

Posted by Shadymlm

If this fight ever happens I will make you a yearlong avatar bet on it. I will wear any Brock photo you want if he wins, even the one with the shark.
Pskinner_mma314
7/25/09 5:28:20PM

Posted by Shadymlm

coming from the guy with the Tito Ortiz av
breakdown5
7/25/09 5:46:21PM
I think he should get the shot immediately. I think he's earned it through all his fights outside the UFC. He's smashed Nog, Sylvia, Arlovski, Coleman, etc. Thats four former UFC champs right there. Plus Lesnar vs. Fedor is the fight most hardcore fans want to see (I think the Randy fight is a close second, its not last year anymore). Dana will want to strike while the iron is hot.

telnights
7/25/09 5:46:28PM
Its not like Fedor hasn't had enough wins to warrant a title fight. The UFC would market the fight very strongly and if he beats Lesnar respect is the last thing he would have to worry about from the fans. He would be over night hero to a lot of fans and would make his legacy even that more stronger. Now if he lost it would be the flip side of the coin and our new number 1 HW would be Lesnar.

I'm not really sure we will see Fedor in the UFC. His management seams more worried about M-1 than they are Fedor and I'm betting they try to use Fedor to try to market M-1.
postman
7/25/09 5:59:03PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by postman

Posted by seanfu

Not saying Fedor would lose all of his fights, but as far as I can remember it has traditionally been very good wrestlers who have gotten Fedor into some trouble throughout his career.

True and it will at some point come to an end im sure but like I said See Kevin Randelman fight Fedor should maybe have died due to that suplex but instead he subs Randelman. I think he is so comeplete and the day he loses is the day he starts to slow down. In his prime he will in my mind be the best ever. If he gets the mainstream ufc deal going he will be the babe ruth of mma. They will still regard him as one of the best in 70 years.
slapshot
7/25/09 6:04:34PM

Posted by Rush

That was my exact thought, how many people just knew Fedor was going to be signed after they acquired pride and then again after his last contract expired?

If they get him Im super stoked but Im not holding my breath.
Doneskiis
7/26/09 4:05:33AM

Posted by slapshot

Posted by Rush

That was my exact thought, how many people just knew Fedor was going to be signed after they acquired pride and then again after his last contract expired?

If they get him Im super stoked but Im not holding my breath.

i agree. but IF he is signed i think it should be brock then randy
Pages: [1] 2