Fedor vs Henderson Stoppage Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor vs Henderson Stoppage Discussion
Next Page »
POLL: Was the fight stopped too early?
No, Fedor could not continue 42% (23)
Yes, Fedor could have continued 31% (17)
Not sure / just want to see the poll result 27% (15)
Aether
7/31/11 12:50:10AM
This thread is obviously going to happen, and I'm interested to see what people thought so I'm making it .

I'm on the fence myself. Initially on my low quality stream it looked like a pretty bad stoppage, but in the replays he drops to the mat when he takes that punch, which looks pretty bad. He does buck and spin and put his arms up after a couple of seconds, but since you can't see his face it's hard to tell if he was really knocked out or just stunned momentarily.

I would've liked to see it go a little longer, but I don't know that I can call it an awful stoppage with the way he fell when he ate that punch.
Twenty20Dollars
7/31/11 12:52:28AM
That one under punch dropped Fedor and his face was flat on the mat and Hendo was hitting him a few times in the back of the head and that is when Herb stepped in.

THEN after that Fedor started to roll over.

Good stoppage I think.
Aether
7/31/11 12:56:00AM
yeah I think my stream quality was far too low for me to make a solid judgement call on it. The replays made me lean toward good stoppage, he falls pretty limp face down for a number of seconds. I would have to see a reasonable quality replay to be confident either way.
sbulldavid
7/31/11 12:58:09AM
I thought Fedor was okay, but I don't see a problem with it being stopped, however the shots to the back of the head were before the stoppage so I think this could get overturned.
grappler0000
7/31/11 1:02:14AM
Just so you know, Aether , I will be propping you if possible. Not because you made the thread, but because of your third option. I can't tell you how many times I've made a half-ass pick on a poll just to see the results.

With that said, until I see a better angle, it was a good stoppage.
Pookie
7/31/11 1:15:58AM
You know, fedor was probably out cold. But even so, i think it was clear that he could have continued. If the fight didn't get stopped, i'm pretty confident he would have made it out of the round. And then who knows what would have happened after that.

But could have continued... most definitely. Dude was intelligently defending himself even while he was knocked out, if he was knocked out at all.
kingsmasher
7/31/11 1:23:35AM
look at the picture of Fedor says it all if you think it was early I guess you were looking for him to be in a wheelchair for six months get a grip...man...

Pookie
7/31/11 1:31:23AM
That is not even a picture from the fight.
TeamDEY
7/31/11 1:31:29AM

Posted by kingsmasher

look at the picture of Fedor says it all if you think it was early I guess you were looking for him to be in a wheelchair for six months get a grip...man...

show some ******* respect
kingsmasher
7/31/11 1:31:46AM

Posted by Pookie

You know, fedor was probably out cold. But even so, i think it was clear that he could have continued. If the fight didn't get stopped, i'm pretty confident he would have made it out of the round. And then who knows what would have happened after that.

But could have continued... most definitely. Dude was intelligently defending himself even while he was knocked out, if he was knocked out at all.

Dude was intelligently defending himself even while he was knocked out, if he was knocked out at all

Pookie
7/31/11 1:32:36AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Pookie

Dude was intelligently defending himself even while he was knocked out, if he was knocked out at all

If you are moving in order to avoid damage, you are intelligently defending yourself.
FastKnockout
7/31/11 1:33:14AM
That picture is from Fedor's fight with Silva.
kingsmasher
7/31/11 1:34:28AM

Posted by TeamDEY

Posted by kingsmasher

show some ******* respect

Seriously not a good topic to me I am showing respect...Saying he should of continued is not showing respect to actually his family and dan henderson...He was in no way shape or form Good to continue...His arms went limp from the uppercut and fell on his face..

THis keep going stuff is to me bar room BS...or kids in their teens...thats how someone gets injured...
kingsmasher
7/31/11 1:36:42AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Pookie

If you are moving in order to avoid damage, you are intelligently defending yourself.

he wasnt moving for 5 seconds///
Pookie
7/31/11 1:38:11AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Pookie

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Pookie

Want to bet?
sparky
7/31/11 1:39:14AM

Posted by FastKnockout

My Thoughts Exactly
Patchedup15
7/31/11 2:06:40AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

That one under punch dropped Fedor and his face was flat on the mat and Hendo was hitting him a few times in the back of the head and that is when Herb stepped in.

THEN after that Fedor started to roll over.

Good stoppage I think.

Good account of events.. I think that Fedor WAS out but he could have continued had he had a few seconds to catch his breath. but that is not the issue.. the question at hand is would hendo have had free reign to bash his skull in.. and yes he would have. Fedor was unresponsive and i regret the first time i see him fight live it was here.. the fight was great until then
DeadHead988
7/31/11 2:08:27AM
I was there live cageside and at first I thought it was early, but after all the replays it's clear that he is completely unconscious and not moving. Case closed.
tn_rebel
7/31/11 2:35:16AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Pookie

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Pookie

Want to bet?

First of all, they both came to put on a good show and I appreciate that but his arms went limp and he fell on his face. What do you want Herb to do let your favorite fighter get seriously injured in there?
kingsmasher
7/31/11 2:45:28AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Pookie

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Pookie

Want to bet?

from hendos punch to fedor rolling over was over 5 secs...Yeah he was moving due to hendo moving him with punches...
kingsmasher
7/31/11 2:47:03AM

Posted by DeadHead988

I was there live cageside and at first I thought it was early, but after all the replays it's clear that he is completely unconscious and not moving. Case closed.

thank you but Fedor lovers will now have something else to say...like he was doing that to trick Henderson....Gotta have something...
kingsmasher
7/31/11 2:51:16AM

Posted by sparky

Posted by FastKnockout

My Thoughts Exactly

You can bash me all you want but it is what it is...I dont care where the pic is from...

you both just swing!!! you guy smust be die hard Fedor fluffers and I been saying for years...He was just fighting cans...However even to fight cans and not get caught is impressive but I think he lost to Arona but got a BS decision in that fight...

So drink your hater ade for breakfast and wipe the tears from your eyes...Just take your Fedor Fathead posters down...All you have to do!! man up say u were wrong...
sparky
7/31/11 3:19:35AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by sparky

Posted by FastKnockout

Kingsmasher is a dumbass. That picture is from Fedor's fight with Silva.

My Thoughts Exactly

You can bash me all you want but it is what it is...I dont care where the pic is from...

you both just swing!!! you guy smust be die hard Fedor fluffers and I been saying for years...He was just fighting cans...However even to fight cans and not get caught is impressive but I think he lost to Arona but got a BS decision in that fight...

So drink your hater ade for breakfast and wipe the tears from your eyes...Just take your Fedor Fathead posters down...All you have to do!! man up say u were wrong...

say I was wrong???? does that make sense brother you did use the picture from an old fight did you not??as for the rest of your rant Im not even that big of a fedor fan... the fact is you used an old picture in your arguement and in doing so made yourself and what your saying less credible!!!!
Chael_Sonnen
7/31/11 4:13:03AM
How about a fourth option...yes, Fedor could have continued, but Herb Dean saved him from a much horrible beating....watching it in normal speed, bad stoppage...but upon further review(s)....good stoppage
mrsmiley
7/31/11 4:49:08AM
I'm torn on this one. What I don't understand is why Herb didn't stop it when hendo had his back? That's when it seemed to me Fedor was doing nothing.
When they rolled over Fedor kicked once and had an arm up and looked like he was defending.It was so close to the stoppage though. Then again I couldn't see what Herb saw,did Fedors eyes roll?

Either way I can see a good argument from both sides of the story.
Poor_Franklin
7/31/11 6:35:26AM
fedor could have continued, but it was a good stoppage
SmileR
7/31/11 8:44:57AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

How about a fourth option...yes, Fedor could have continued, but Herb Dean saved him from a much horrible beating....watching it in normal speed, bad stoppage...but upon further review(s)....good stoppage

Mr Sonnen makes sense. Fedor could have continued but there was no way he was getting Dan off him and all the stoppage did was prevent Fedor from taking any more unnecessary damage.
pmoney
7/31/11 9:45:16AM
Stoppage was legit. I really wish Hendo would've KO'ed Fedor cold so we wouldn't be having this discussion on three threads. I also wish I would've kept my Hendo RD 1 KO pick.... goddamnit lol
bojangalz
7/31/11 11:14:29AM
I was there live and my immediate reaction was that Herb stepped in early which he's prone to doing from time to time, particularly in GnP stoppages. But After watching the replays it's clear that Fedor was out cold, and flat. Herb allowed two follow-up shots to a limp-bodied Fedor and it looked like the third and final follow-up shot work Fedor back up just as Herb was stepping in.

After watching the replay I thought it was pretty clear that Dean was in perfect position to see Fedor out cold and even allowed Hendo the opportunity to land the initial follow-up shots before stepping in. It's almost unfortunate that Fedor work back up like that because it makes the stoppage seem questionable. But imo if Hendo would have backed off completely Dean would have waved off the fight as Fedor lay motionless belly-down on the canvas.

The stoppage was just and appropriate. Kudos to Dean.
Jekyll
7/31/11 1:35:52PM

what more needs to be said... face plant and limp.... he was out until Dan hit him again, it was a perfect stop to kill the Myth that Fedor was even half as great as people claimed...

in the last 5 years hes fought 3 decent fighters all beat him
Pages: [1] 2