Fedor-Henderson Bout Targeted for Summer 2011, Coker Confirms

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor-Henderson Bout Targeted for Summer 2011, Coker Confirms
emfleek
4/11/11 8:37:05AM
A fight between light heavyweight champion Dan Henderson and former Pride heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko is being targeted for July or August of 2011, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said, but is still not yet confirmed.

"The date, I would say, is probably late summer," Coker said after Saturday night's Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Daley event. "Some things are still being negotiated."

The main sticking point, it seems, is the weight that the fight will be contested at. As first reported by SI.com, the two camps seem to be debating either a catchweight bout or a heavyweight fight. The possibility of meeting at the 205-pound light heavyweight limit was quickly ruled out by Emelianenko's camp, according to Coker.

LINK
supatolacyl
4/11/11 11:30:38AM
Glad to see this fight since Mousasi's fight ended in a draw and a title shot was not earned by someone (very disapointed in Mousasi really wanted to see him fight hendo). I hate that Fedor wont commit to coming down to LHW!! The HW these days are so much bigger then they use to be and if Fedor is going to stay competitve he should move down he walks around at 225-230 anyways so it wouldn't be a hard move. I would rather see Fedor retire then spend the rest of his career fighting at catch weights, because there is no relivance in doing so. I may catch hate for that bt what would be the point for him to continue if there isn't a goal of being the best again or trying to get a belt and his only chance at ethier will be at LHW. The catch weight will probably help Hendo and maybe extend his gas tank for the full 3 rds even though 5 rds would have been better. IMO Hendo will fair pretty decent in this fight, Fedor has been taken alot more damage in his more recent fights then he use too, even in some of his wins he has taken damage from his fight with Rogers to being destroyed by Silva. As long as Hendo can stay off his back his solid chin will keep this fight very entertaining and let him reign down an H-bomb or 2. This fight could be an early FOY canidate.
TeamDEY
4/11/11 2:10:22PM
This is AWESOME! The only thing that sucks is that Henderson and Fedor are my favorite fighters :/
mrsmiley
4/11/11 3:28:41PM
This fight is epic on paper. Hope it delivers.
Cooler
4/11/11 3:58:41PM
Right now i dont think it makes sense, Fedor is coming off two losses and has never fought at 205 before and im not in favor of title shots after losses... but if anyone deserves a title shot after two losses its definitely Fedor. I wont complain if they make the fight because I love them both.
prozacnation1978
4/11/11 4:24:05PM
Strikeforce pay per view. Hell no
Strikeforce pay per view with hendo vs fedor. Very tempting!!
Shawn91111
4/11/11 7:50:04PM

Posted by Cooler

Right now i dont think it makes sense, Fedor is coming off two losses and has never fought at 205 before and im not in favor of title shots after losses... but if anyone deserves a title shot after two losses its definitely Fedor. I wont complain if they make the fight because I love them both.

The article said it was not going to be at 205