Fedor To headline EA sports MMA game- still in Negotiatons with the UFC -and others

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor To headline EA sports MMA game- still in Negotiatons with the UFC -and others
hippysmacker
7/29/09 5:00:03PM
DevonFoxy
7/29/09 5:10:07PM
Agreed Fedor being on the cover pretty much tells me this thing isn't going to happen. Dana has already been widely outspoken on this matter and now that Fedor is not just in the game but the poster boy for the game...I just can't see them picking him up.

Fedor is going to have to do press and such for the game in order to build it up including commercials and interviews and I don't see the UFC being ok with any of that. This is def. a big blow to the hopes of the UFC getting Fedor.
CwB
7/29/09 5:25:51PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I am slowly losing hope on Fedor coming to the UFC personally.

I blame these damn articles that raise all of our hopes only to have them crushed again and again

If this EA deal is true then it might be the final nail in the coffin of fedor coming to the ufc

Edit: friday can not come soon enough, hopefully DW's announcement will put an end to all the rumors we are hearing for better or worse
scobac
7/29/09 5:28:17PM
He should fight barrnett and retire, personally as fan I take this as a slap in the face, I think Fedor and his managment made it clear we wont see him fight in the UFC. I also think he is dodging the best HW division mma has to offer to protect his legacy.
DCRage
7/29/09 5:44:53PM
If they can afford him, Strikeforce is the best choice. They'd meet most if not all their demands (co-promoting with M-1, letting Fedor do sambo tournaments, etc.).
joshryanshepherd
7/29/09 5:55:44PM
Im personally getting sick of Fedor, hes one of my favorites and i know hes the best but he's never really shown that he gives a piss about his fans.the contracts that Dana offer cant be that bad! Not signing with the UFC when the timing is perfectly right is pathetic.

if he doesnt sigh with the UFC all i have to say is screw you to Fedor.
Aether
7/29/09 5:58:10PM
rofl. These guys just seem to want to do everything that the UFC expressly forbids.

It's almost like they're making a point of keeping him out of the UFC. I don't understand what the hell is wrong with his managers.

edit-

I think at this point the only reason they are even bothering to negotiate with the UFC is to drive the bidding prices higher for the other companies that they are actually considering. I don't really believe that they have ever had any intention of trying to come to an agreement with the UFC.
Nightmare27
7/29/09 6:14:06PM
To be honest Im kind of glad that he's on the game and most likely not going to the UFC. I hope that he fights in Strikeforce and helps to make them a serious threat to the UFC. Right now its a monopoly and only Fedor has the star power to level the playing field. I would love to see Fedor vs Brock but I personally dont feel that he's put in his time yet. Id rather see him fight Randy after he took a stand against the UFC. Just a thought.
mrsmiley
7/29/09 6:18:24PM
Well hopefully this don't create a big of a rift as were thinking it will.
I mean Couture is going to be in the game as well.
First Dana said no UFC fighters in the EA game,now Randy is the only exception.

Maybe this won't be as big as a deterrent as were thinking.
scobac
7/29/09 6:22:53PM

Posted by Nightmare27

To be honest Im kind of glad that he's on the game and most likely not going to the UFC. I hope that he fights in Strikeforce and helps to make them a serious threat to the UFC. Right now its a monopoly and only Fedor has the star power to level the playing field. I would love to see Fedor vs Brock but I personally dont feel that he's put in his time yet. Id rather see him fight Randy after he took a stand against the UFC. Just a thought.

I think it would take more than one guy to bring a promotion to the ufc's level.
cmill21
7/29/09 6:38:34PM
How does this mean anything? If the UFC stands by that then they are gigantic babies. Pride had games, why didn't they ban anyone who was in the game? They can't ban everything that's not UFC.
prozacnation1978
7/29/09 7:15:48PM
i was happy today now i am sad
man it is getting to the point where i am just not gonna give a damm anymore
props for ea game i'll buy both games next year ea sports and ufc
Mayhem13
7/29/09 7:27:59PM
I hope Overeem, Aleks, Rogers, Monson, Choi and a few other notable HWs are also in it.

BigIP
7/29/09 8:04:06PM
I agree. You people that are blaming Fedor are crazy. Do you know how ridiculous it is for the UFC to ban someone from appearing in video game? Can you imagine the NFL not allowing Bret Favre to sign with a team just because he decided to be on the cover of Madden? Get real people.
CwB
7/29/09 9:00:09PM

Posted by BigIP

I agree. You people that are blaming Fedor are crazy. Do you know how ridiculous it is for the UFC to ban someone from appearing in video game? Can you imagine the NFL not allowing Bret Favre to sign with a team just because he decided to be on the cover of Madden? Get real people.

Do you know how ridiculous it is for M-1to demand co-promotion for every event fedor fights at? Do you know how ridiculous it is to expect a stadium be built in russia? Do you know how ridiculous it is to demand the first non-exclusive contract from the UFC? Get Real...

honestly both sides are at fault

If what dana white said about ea is true (Ea said MMA is not a real sport a little over a year ago or so) then good for him in taking a stand against an ignorant company. (although i wont hold it against any fighter who does end up in the game... Money Talks)
BigIP
7/29/09 9:27:16PM
It's not new for elite athletes to have special concession built into their contracts. For example Roger Clemens was allowed to stay with his family instead of travel for away games he was not pitching in when he was on the Astro's. Barry Bonds was given a special recliner chair in the clubhouse. Expections are always made for the BEST athletes. Fedor is the best and since they made an exception for Randy with the EA game so they should let Fedor as well.
Wolfenstein
7/29/09 10:40:55PM
Dear Hippysmacker,

The newspost is no place for your unfounded opinions.

I may have to make a citizens moderation on you.
telnights
7/29/09 11:00:01PM

Posted by Nightmare27

Yeah because it worked out so well for the last two company's he was with. Fedor's star power isn't what you think it is. StrikeForce is mainly a US based company and Fedor doesn't have much drawing power here. To be honest he most likely isn't even worth the asking price to StrikeForce.

The other thing people don't seam to under stand whats going on here.

“We are open,” Finkelstein said. “We do want to work with the UFC. We do want to work with other promotions.”

What he really means is he wants to work with the UFC as long as the UFC co-promotes Fedor and gives them a cut of the profit. On top of that pay Fedor his money.

Finkelstein said the UFC made a new offer to Emelianenko, and M-1 Global made a counteroffer. However, Finkelstein said Emeliananko would not proceed without a co-promotional effort between M-1 and the UFC where they shared expenses and profits.

Yet again showing why this will never happen. Why would the UFC who has the brand name and audience share profits. M-1 only has Fedor nothing more to offer and they expect the UFC to share profits. That is just crazy to think they would ever do anything like that and would be stupid of them to agree to it.

StrikeForce would be stupid to sign him as well under those terms. StrikeForce last known event payroll was 588,000. Now lets say Fedor cost 4 million per show and say M-1 payed half of his pay. That's still 4 times what the pay of one of their avg show cost. Is it really a shock that Affliction went under and M-1 Global lost its US investors. M-1 wants to half the profits without hardly any risk. Fedor is a great fighter but he doesnt have the drawing power in the US to demand these kind of terms and even if he did have huge drawing power in the US it not worth the terms.

This is classic strong arm tactics and if this is what it takes to sign Fedor I say good luck trying to find someone that's stupid enough to agree to those terms. More less finding worthy opponents.

cmill21
7/30/09 12:03:41AM
Apperently your wrong tel, according to the ufc's offer they are giving up some ppv profits to m-1. Sick bending by the ufc and if they don't take it then may they never fight again.
jascri
7/30/09 12:23:09AM
Boy, I wish everybody would just forget about Fedor coming to the UFC. Yea, it would be great for the fans and the sport, but, make no mistake about it: Fedor does not want to fight in the UFC. Not for the fans and not for the sport. It's all business and nothing more to this man.
cowcatcher
7/30/09 12:35:25AM

Posted by jascri

Boy, I wish everybody would just forget about Fedor coming to the UFC. Yea, it would be great for the fans and the sport, but, make no mistake about it: Fedor does not want to fight in the UFC. Not for the fans and not for the sport. It's all business and nothing more to this man.

thats fine though, its his job so it is a business, not signing for the offer he got is whats ludicrous
telnights
7/30/09 1:05:43AM

Posted by cmill21

Apperently your wrong tel, according to the ufc's offer they are giving up some ppv profits to m-1. Sick bending by the ufc and if they don't take it then may they never fight again.

Yeah I read it too...If its true I'm shocked the UFC was willing to give up that much to get Fedor. But hey MMA fans cant say the UFC isnt trying. But same time if they turned down a deal like this it makes M-1 and Fedor look like a joke. I don't think I would ever care to see Fedor fight again if this is true and they turned it down.

There isn't an excuse in the world that could fix my perspective of Fedor and his managements. I have hard time thinking anyone is stupid enough to turn down a deal like this so I have to really think they are avoiding fighting in the UFC because they are not as confident in Fedor as his fans are. I'm not so sure Fedor will have many fans left if they turn a deal this good down and they cant tell us Strikeforce or Dream can even come close to offering what the UFC deal is offering. All I can think of is there goes the legacy of a great fighter.
ultimateweapon
7/30/09 10:47:26AM
fedor fears the beast known as brock lesnar lol

i mean fedor is one of my favs but the ufc is top dog, i would think the the so called pound for pound best fighter in the world today would want to be in
the biggest mma buisness in the world
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1