Fedor's first fight to be for the title

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fedor's first fight to be for the title
fedorwins1
7/10/07 6:05:43PM
Here's a link to the video.

LINK
postman
7/10/07 7:17:17PM
That link is BS
Pitbull09
7/10/07 7:22:36PM
He still should. He's considered the best heavyweight in MMA and ufc is lacking in that a lot. Plus I think Dana White is worried Randy wont be able to hold his title long so hes pushing the fight quickly.
SpiderSilva
7/10/07 8:53:40PM
Fedor is comming Fedor is comming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ac_gi
7/10/07 11:29:57PM

Posted by Pitbull09

He still should. He's considered the best heavyweight in MMA and ufc is lacking in that a lot. Plus I think Dana White is worried Randy wont be able to hold his title long so hes pushing the fight quickly.

I think the UFC HW division is pretty stacked now. The emergence of Gonzaga, combined with Cro-cop and Big Nog signings have made the division very good.
cmoe3737
7/10/07 11:53:04PM
well deserved
tepid55
7/11/07 10:53:55AM
Fedor should get a first-match title shot.
methodman_90
7/11/07 11:11:39AM
It makes perfect sense. The belts need unifying and Fedor is best in the world and has been the champ for a long time so he cant suddenly drop down to just a contender
SubmitYou
7/11/07 12:23:45PM
Fedor will make many grown men cry when he makes his UFC debut. I am long awaiting that day...
Jujiden
7/11/07 4:19:05PM
I know everyone thinks Fedor should get an immediate title shot, and I do too, but it would be fun IMO to see Fedor have a starter fight and just feed someone to him to up the hype. Like Tim Sylvia. Then after he annihilated Sylvia, announce his next fight that night to be a title fight and have the current titleholder step into the ring.

That would definitely help MMA in the sports world with all the hype that would come with it. Then playing up to the fight, they could show previews of Fedor taking the ex-champ apart.

I'm just thinking of a better way to promote MMA and using Fedor to do it.

But...if by some freak chance Fedor lost, then that could swing the other way with how Fedor now has something to prove and would be more dangerous than ever.

It's a win/win either way.
awechet
7/11/07 8:14:07PM
I can see it happening since the hendo and rampage fight is a unification bout. Why wouldnt Fedor's first fight be like hendo's and be for the title also. I dont know if its just me but since Dana's interview on ESPN he stated he wanted Fedor to fight by the end of the year or early next year so it would make sense to fight the winner of the Gonzaga and Randy fight.
fedorwins1
7/11/07 8:25:44PM

Posted by postman

That link is BS

I don't know what happened, it worked yesterday.
loganakers
7/11/07 8:41:31PM
i think fedors first should or will either be against tim sylvia or arlovski i think he would kill tim but arlovski would go to decision
TheFalseProphet
7/11/07 8:41:42PM
Fedor is awesome, but he does have a problem with cuts. It makes me concerned because the biggest difference between DSE owned Pride and UFC is the inclusion of elbows. I hope he doesn't get a bunch of TKO losses due to cuts in the UFC.
bdunn
7/11/07 8:45:19PM
elbows can open you up fast
LR
7/12/07 3:16:35PM
I really highly doubt anybody is going to be able to elbow him for more than even 10 seconds. He has an uncanny ability to reverse mounts with seconds, ie. Matt Lindland fight, Randleman fight, the list goes on...

joemark
7/12/07 4:34:17PM
Is Fedor even officially sign in the UFC yet? I heard they were having negotiation problems because UFC wants an exclusive contract, and Fedor wants to continue to fight w/ Bodog because of the $$.

I think you should hold off Fedor for as long as possible, because once he gets the UFC belt he will have it for a long long long time
Fedor-Emelianenko
7/28/07 2:40:07PM
I think Fedor could easily take the title but I think he should first kill Tim Sylvia...
kimoron
7/29/07 1:41:21AM
i dont think that fedor will want to fight for the title right away. i seems like he might want to test the waters of the ufc first before commiting to a title fight. fedor is a very smart fighter and with the ufc being a new environment for him a "warm up" fight might be a good idea.
SpiderSilva
7/30/07 1:53:50PM
Branwest
7/30/07 7:04:29PM
There's no question that Fedor DESERVES an immediate title shot as his first fight in the UFC. That doesn't mean he'll get it, but he should. He is, hands down, the best HW in the world. The division is stacked now, and down the line, I think Fedor will eventually lose, and then get revenge immediately. The elbows may cause him problems, but I can't wait to see his elbows on someone else's head.
hippysmacker
7/30/07 7:14:26PM

Posted by Branwest

There's no question that Fedor DESERVES an immediate title shot as his first fight in the UFC. That doesn't mean he'll get it, but he should. He is, hands down, the best HW in the world. The division is stacked now, and down the line, I think Fedor will eventually lose, and then get revenge immediately. The elbows may cause him problems, but I can't wait to see his elbows on someone else's head.

If you read the interview with Fedor's manager, he doesn't want Fedor to have a difficult fight first to get used to the Ocatgon and rule changes.
Branwest
7/31/07 10:35:45AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Branwest

If you read the interview with Fedor's manager, he doesn't want Fedor to have a difficult fight first to get used to the Ocatgon and rule changes.

Yeah, i read the interview and I agree. Although, in my opinion, he should have no more than two fights before fighting for the title, providing he wins the previous fights, which I believe he will. Fedor is great at adapting to situations, and amazing at imposing his will. It won't take him long to master the benefits and use of the octogon.