Is fedor fighting Sylvia?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Is fedor fighting Sylvia?
kastro_316
4/5/08 10:31:38PM
I keep hearing rumors that fedor is fighting sylvia...is that really happening?
juanez13
4/5/08 10:40:57PM
It could happen, but its not official, especially since Fedor just parted ways with M-1 and he hasnt signed with anyone yet, still when he does sign, they'll look to make the couture fight happen ASAP, but all depends whether couture is free or not. Its certantly a posibility, but i'd say it wont happen for quite a while, looks for sylvia to fight guys like rizzo, barnett, bigfoot silva, and maybe even aleks emelianenko and kimbo.
Twenty20Dollars
4/5/08 10:44:52PM
I'd like to see it happen, but in a cage.

If sylvia can get back to his good sprawl this could be an interesting match up. and get back to his old powerful punches instead of these jab stuff like in the vera fight, and only rocked big nog once. im not too sold on his power punching that he talks about. he needs to throw more power punches IMO.
emfleek
4/5/08 10:46:42PM
I don't think Sylvia would stand a chance.
Twenty20Dollars
4/5/08 10:52:40PM
I think he has a better chance than people give him credit for. It is MMA and anything can happen, he has more than a punches chance to win.
seanfu
4/6/08 1:31:44AM
I believe, and you may be able to quote this after the fight happened, Fedor is the better striker. I believe Sylvias roids and lack of talented opposition led to his reign.
But then again he did ktfo Arlovski in a fight I personally know nothing about.

I see fedor by shutdown walkthrough after a few even minutes he takes to measure Silvia's 1 2.
warglory
4/6/08 1:57:44AM

Posted by seanfu

I believe, and you may be able to quote this after the fight happened, Fedor is the better striker. I believe Sylvias roids and lack of talented opposition led to his reign.
But then again he did ktfo Arlovski in a fight I personally know nothing about.

I see fedor by shutdown walkthrough after a few even minutes he takes to measure Silvia's 1 2.

Sylvia handily beat Vera, and almost finished Nog. This man is easily a top 5 heavyweight, and I think would pose some competition for Fedor.
Pookie
4/6/08 2:18:13AM
He didnt handily beat vera. I picked sylvia in that fight and Vera made me think that i might not win that pick after the fight was over.
Add into the mix that Vera also had a severley broken hand since round 1. i dont know, that fight was possibly the poorest showing ive seen from sylvia in awhile.

to the topic, Fedor is really good at getting into his own range, and slipping punches. I think the stand-up would be about even.
cmill21
4/6/08 2:51:08AM
I think this would be a great fight. I think Fedor would be able to sub Tim but you never know, if Tim can keep it standing there's a chance that he could catch Fedor with that big right. I can say that I have been told this fight is virtually a garentee.
thisbeme
4/6/08 5:06:19AM
would be fun to watch Sylvia get clownstomped
gravy13
4/6/08 6:43:34AM

Posted by emfleek

Agreed. Seriously. IMO, Fedor's standup is light years beyond Tim's. If you look at all of their fights it's pretty clear.
mkiv9secsupra
4/6/08 9:36:35AM

Posted by gravy13

Posted by emfleek

Agreed. Seriously. IMO, Fedor's standup is light years beyond Tim's. If you look at all of their fights it's pretty clear.

You completely underestimate Tim's striking. Hes boring but he is pin point accurate and, if he ever decided to use them again, his legs have pretty good power(Sylvia vs Telligman)

But in no way would i pick Tim to win. It would turn out just like Schilt vs Fedor. Tim has a pretty good sprawl from double and single legs but he can be tripped without too much problem. He does have pretty good grappling defense though so i would think Fedor would try for a submission and gain a dominant position then just pound him out or win the decision.
Mastodon2
4/6/08 9:44:12AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

You completely underestimate Tim's striking. Hes boring but he is pin point accurate and, if he ever decided to use them again, his legs have pretty good power(Sylvia vs Telligman)

But in no way would i pick Tim to win. It would turn out just like Schilt vs Fedor. Tim has a pretty good sprawl from double and single legs but he can be tripped without too much problem. He does have pretty good grappling defense though so i would think Fedor would try for a submission and gain a dominant position then just pound him out or win the decision.

I don't think Sylvia's kicks are powerful at all, he just caught Telligman, it didnt even look like a very powerful kick, very stiff and slow. I don't see him hitting Fedor with one of those! I do agree with the Fedor / Schilt fight comparison, I see Fedor taking Tim down and GnPing him until Tim is TKO'd or the final bell sounds.
mrliquid
4/6/08 10:25:04AM
I don't think Tim would throw any kicks because he would fear getting taken down I think if he could keep the fight standing he might have a chance with his long reach and striking and its a pretty good test for Fedor if it even happens.
JimiMak
4/6/08 11:56:55AM
Should (hopefully) happen. Tim's a better opponent than anyone Fedor's fought since CC. So I'll be happy.
Mayhem13
4/6/08 12:25:25PM
I think Tim is very underrated..he's hard to take down..has a solid chin...and good standup (when he is aggressive)... I could see him pulling out a win..

esp. with the lack of talent Fedor has recently fought...going in against a top 5 fighter after beating 5 unranked fighters....could be tough
warglory
4/6/08 12:38:21PM

Posted by Pookie

He didnt handily beat vera. I picked sylvia in that fight and Vera made me think that i might not win that pick after the fight was over.
Add into the mix that Vera also had a severley broken hand since round 1. i dont know, that fight was possibly the poorest showing ive seen from sylvia in awhile.

to the topic, Fedor is really good at getting into his own range, and slipping punches. I think the stand-up would be about even.

Sylvia had complete control over that match. Was it pretty? No, but there was not one point where Sylvia was in danger of being finished.
tylerlee123
4/6/08 2:25:33PM
I'd love to belive that the only reason Sylvia left the UFC was to fight Emelianko so i hope this fight happens somewhere down the road
gravy13
4/7/08 4:52:13PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by gravy13

Posted by emfleek

I was never a fan of Tim's striking. I think his only saving grace as far as striking is concerned is his reach. Without his huge reach he would have problems(IMO).