Fedor Not Fighting on New Year's Eve

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor Not Fighting on New Year's Eve
grappler0000
11/7/07 7:04:34AM
Fedor Emelianenko – currently ranked as the No.1 fighter in both MMAWeekly.com’s top ten heavyweight fighters and Yahoo! Sports’ top ten pound-for-pound poll – has been the subject of much rumor and speculation in recent months.

His signing with the new M-1 Global mixed martial arts promotion put much of that talk to rest, but it all sparked up again when speculation about him fighting in Japan on New Year’s Eve started circulating.

That talk can now be put to rest as well.

Link
low-blow
11/7/07 11:11:07AM
Well that sucks that we have to wait longer to see him fight the suspence is killin me, but on the up side maybe this will give them more time to find a better fighter than Rizzo to fight the #1 ranked heavy.
rcg916
11/7/07 12:24:00PM

Posted by low-blow

Well that sucks that we have to wait longer to see him fight the suspence is killin me, but on the up side maybe this will give them more time to find a better fighter than Rizzo to fight the #1 ranked heavy.

Uuuuhhhh.... You must be forgetting what he did to Josh Barnett... And Barnett is a top 4-5 HW...

Rizzo may be a bit past his prime, but he has shown that it only takes one good one from "The Rock"...
low-blow
11/7/07 2:56:56PM
Rizzo beat Barnett 6 years ago, I know he has had some great fights but I wouldn't call Rizzo a top ten fighter at all, Just saying would like to see Fedor fight some better comp.
rabbit915
11/7/07 3:16:38PM
I would just like to see him fight. I think he is going to start dipping in everyone's rankings if he doesnt start fighting somebody.
warglory
11/7/07 3:37:40PM
Pedro is good, but I would have preferred to see Fedor fight Monson.
bayonetxwork
11/7/07 8:27:04PM
Okay, seriously, Fedor is never fighting again...