Fedor: Fight with Sylvia now official

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor: Fight with Sylvia now official
Porch28
4/19/08 9:33:35AM
Fedor Emelianenko (27-1) says a rumored bout with former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia (24-4) -- a bout he first announced earlier this month -- is now official.
LINK
tdietel01
4/19/08 9:41:37AM
Im happy with this fight. im just glad randy didnt get fedor!! not sure who i want to win yet though...
R-Bandd
4/19/08 9:48:19AM
MondayNiteMauser
4/19/08 10:06:38AM
Big Tim wins by KO in the first....
Cladrix
4/19/08 12:16:47PM
Should be a good fight.......... I take Fedor by first round sub because Tim has no ground game at all
thatfedorsohotrightnow
4/19/08 1:37:44PM
Tim's flab and jab style won't work against Fedor. Fedor over hand right, to side control, finish with a kimura. I would love to see theese two in a K-1 rules match just to see who is the better stand up fighter.
Darnok
4/19/08 1:50:57PM
I can't decide who I want to win.

If Fedor wins, he has beat a top ten fighter recently so it gives him his credibility and number 1 spto with no arguments.

But if Timmie wins the Fedors asking price might go down and we would see him in the UFC.

silverbullet
4/19/08 1:54:33PM

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Tim's flab and jab style won't work against Fedor. Fedor over hand right, to side control, finish with a kimura. I would love to see theese two in a K-1 rules match just to see who is the better stand up fighter.

bullettdodger
4/19/08 2:43:33PM

Posted by Darnok

If Fedor wins, he has beat a top ten fighter recently so it gives him his credibility and number 1 spto with no arguments.

But if Timmie wins the Fedors asking price might go down and we would see him in the UFC.

Even if he beats Timmy that doesn't pop him back in my number one slot automatically. Beating one top ten fighter after a long absence shouldn't automatically give Fedor the number one spot. Number one ranked should be consistently fighting top competition to be ranked number one... thats my opinion anyway
bam383
4/19/08 2:58:38PM
Sylvia doesn't get the credit he deserves, but he's just too slow for Fedor IMO. I think Fedor will just swarm him and finish him on the ground.

I would like to see Sylvia win, and wouldnt' be surprised if he did, but i think this is Fedor's fight.
silverbullet
4/19/08 3:31:59PM
Tim will surprise everybody, that's my feeling. I won't go as far as to say that he will win, but he's the most serious opponent Fedor faced since Big Nog.
mkiv9secsupra
4/19/08 4:23:42PM
I never i thought id actually be excited for a Tim Sylvia fight but this should be a good match.

Fedor GnP's to a decision or late sub. I dont think Fedor can KO Tim or even GnP him to a TKO because he is a big guy and pretty strong and can push off Emelianenko without too much trouble but when Tim tries to avoid the GnP he's going to stick his arm up and get caught with the Armbar in the later rounds.
jgtribbett
4/19/08 4:31:14PM
i'm happy with this fight too.. unless tim gets lucky with a cut.. fedor will chop another giant in half.
ICSlegend
4/19/08 5:12:28PM

Posted by silverbullet

Tim will surprise everybody, that's my feeling. I won't go as far as to say that he will win, but he's the most serious opponent Fedor faced since Big Nog.

Are you serious? Are you really an mma fan, or are you here to just spew nonsense and annoy people?

If your OPINION is that Hunt, Lindland and Choi, are not "as serious" as Tim, that's fine, but CC was Fedor's "most serious" opponent, as Fedor stated that was his toughest fight, and is evident as Crocop threw him his worst beating (not bad enough to defeat him of course).

And why is Tim more dangerous then Choi? His striking is not better, his reach is not longer, he's doesn't hit as hard, his wrestling is not as good. The only thing he might have is better Sub D, but if AA, Mir, and Nog can sub him, so can Fedor. I think Hunt and Choi were a lot more dangerous and "more serious" opponents. In fact maybe even Lindland.

Anyway, can't wait for the fight to see Tim get Zulu'd in record time. Tim, Randy, Barnett, line 'em up for Fedor, this year's gonna be a good run for Fedor. Until CC that is.
gartface
4/19/08 6:05:06PM
Maybe the most well rounded Heavyweight vs. A very 1 dimensional Heavyweight...I have to go with Fedor.
evilpimp
4/19/08 7:17:59PM
wow this will be really awsome to see big tim and fedor
Kracker_Jap
4/19/08 8:08:02PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by Darnok

Even if he beats Timmy that doesn't pop him back in my number one slot automatically. Beating one top ten fighter after a long absence shouldn't automatically give Fedor the number one spot. Number one ranked should be consistently fighting top competition to be ranked number one... thats my opinion anyway

I have feeling that if Fedor wins he will still be ranked number 1......

Just like Gomi
silverbullet
4/21/08 10:53:34AM

Posted by ICSlegend

Are you serious? Are you really an mma fan, or are you here to just spew nonsense and annoy people?

If your OPINION is that Hunt, Lindland and Choi, are not "as serious" as Tim, that's fine, but CC was Fedor's "most serious" opponent, as Fedor stated that was his toughest fight, and is evident as Crocop threw him his worst beating (not bad enough to defeat him of course).

And why is Tim more dangerous then Choi? His striking is not better, his reach is not longer, he's doesn't hit as hard, his wrestling is not as good. The only thing he might have is better Sub D, but if AA, Mir, and Nog can sub him, so can Fedor. I think Hunt and Choi were a lot more dangerous and "more serious" opponents. In fact maybe even Lindland.

Anyway, can't wait for the fight to see Tim get Zulu'd in record time. Tim, Randy, Barnett, line 'em up for Fedor, this year's gonna be a good run for Fedor. Until CC that is.

It's really silly to say that Cro Cop is a better MMA fighter than Tim judging by his last 4 fights. Lindland was a different weight class, and Choi was 1-0. If you seriously think that Choi is comparable to Tim skill-wise, you need to have your head examined.
moob
4/21/08 2:46:34PM
NinjaCyborg
4/22/08 8:26:44PM
When and where is this fight going to happen?
ICSlegend
4/23/08 2:40:48AM

Posted by silverbullet

It's really silly to say that Cro Cop is a better MMA fighter than Tim judging by his last 4 fights. Lindland was a different weight class, and Choi was 1-0. If you seriously think that Choi is comparable to Tim skill-wise, you need to have your head examined.

It's really silly to say that Tim (a fighter who's only top wins are against AA, and debatable at that, Arlovski subbed Tim, not debatable) is better then an OWGP champ with wins over UFC champ Randleman, Igor, Aleks, UFC champ Barnett, and nearly "killing" Nog, as opposed to just getting some jabs in based on reach advantage. Crocop got caught against GG. Kongo cheated with multiple groin strikes which would technically be a draw or DQ. Crocop is 2-2 in his last 4, just like Tim, although he if reffing was done properly, CC would be 3-1 or 2-1-1, therefore better record then Tim.

And Lindland WAS NOT A DIFFERENT WEIGHT CLASS. He weighed in as a HW, and fought as a HW, just like Fedor. Learn the definition of weight class.

And if you seriously think Tim's striking is comparible to Choi's, a K1 GP champ with a win over Schilt, one of the greatest kickboxing champs of all time, you need to have your head examined.
EON
4/23/08 6:07:27AM
whoever thinks sylvia would beat hong man choi in a kickboxing match....can i have 2 of what you guys are smoking?
NinjaCyborg
4/23/08 2:34:49PM
So... when and where is this fight taking place??
iwannabesedated
4/23/08 2:38:00PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

7PM at a local Dairy Queen near you.

I dont think that has been announced yet..When it is im sure there will be topic on it and the world will know.
NinjaCyborg
4/27/08 2:07:39PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by NinjaCyborg

7PM at a local Dairy Queen near you.

I dont think that has been announced yet..When it is im sure there will be topic on it and the world will know.

I seriously hope Fedor and Tim really do fight at the Dairy Queen nearest to me... beause I live pretty close to one..... and I would enjoy a bucket of ice cream while I watch them fight.
if I find out you lied to me... I'm gonna pay Fedor to punch you in the taint.
iwannabesedated
4/27/08 3:12:09PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

I seriously hope Fedor and Tim really do fight at the Dairy Queen nearest to me... beause I live pretty close to one..... and I would enjoy a bucket of ice cream while I watch them fight.
if I find out you lied to me... I'm gonna pay Fedor to punch you in the taint.

LAME