Who do u want Fedor to fight first?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who do u want Fedor to fight first?
« Previous Page
gspfan31
6/25/07 2:02:23AM

Posted by CWall33

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by CWall33

Big Nog.
Then the winner of Kongo/CroCop
Then the winner of Gonzaga/Randy.

The timing is a bit off for those match-ups, but that would be sweet.

why the **** would you want to see fedor fight big nog again?

Because it's been 2.5 years since they've last fought, and that fight ended in a decision. The fight before that was almost 4 years ago, and ended in a NC. The fight before that was over 4 years ago, and was decided by another decision. I'd like to see another one to see if the progression of each fighter has made a difference in their abilities to finish a fight against each other.

The only other fight that Fedor has not finished in the 1st rould (except Coleman, 2nd round) and taken to a decision since Nog was against CroCop.

Looks to me like Nog could have Fedors number.

More importantly, why the **** wouldn't you want to see that?

have you seen any of thier fights? the only reason they go to a decision is because nog is impossible to finish
loller90278
6/25/07 2:11:06AM
on a sidenote.. i cant believe from 34 fights, big nog hasn't been submitted or tko'd.. his only losses were decisions. thats NUTS!
CWall33
6/25/07 2:13:22AM

Posted by gspfan31

have you seen any of thier fights? the only reason they go to a decision is because nog is impossible to finish

So, it seems we agree. That's exactly why I want to see it again, 2.5 years later.
gspfan31
6/25/07 2:23:55AM

Posted by CWall33

Posted by gspfan31

So, it seems we agree. That's exactly why I want to see it again, 2.5 years later.

i don't need to see fedor take more years off nog's life. I like big nog but he won't catch fedor in a sub, no matter how many times they fight.
CWall33
6/25/07 2:32:37AM

Posted by gspfan31

i don't need to see fedor take more years off nog's life. I like big nog but he won't catch fedor in a sub, no matter how many times they fight.

No matter who Fedor fights, he's gonna take years off of someone's life.
I'd rather see a war than see Fedor crush someone in 30 seconds.
ultimateweapon
7/10/07 12:06:00AM
I would love to see Fedor vs Cro Cop 2 that would be awesome and it's in the UFC that's cool.
Ultimate_fighter
7/10/07 1:47:00AM

Posted by ultimateweapon

I would love to see Fedor vs Cro Cop 2 that would be awesome and it's in the UFC that's cool.

This fight would be awesome for a start to Fedor's UFC Career, but i dont think dana would allow this to happen. Becuz its either Cro Cop loses and probably retires, or fedor loses, and well that would lead to no title shot for a while. Dana will give him Silva, then prob sylvia then title... then cro cop and him can fight, thats if cro cop will make it to a title shot...
Manfred
7/10/07 1:58:04AM
Pretty sure Dana said he'll get a title shot in his first match. And Fedor's managers are negotiating that even if it's no title shot, he won't fight a can
ocho-cinco
7/11/07 1:06:07AM
I don't really see it making sense for anything less the a title shot. He is widely considered the worlds best mma fighter, and it seems unfair to give him less then a title shot, unless he would like a warm-up fight to get used to the octagon. I would really like to see him fight cro-cop, but it might as well be for the title. Unless Cro-cop fucks up again they will meet sometime with in the next year so lets see what he's got against the winner of RC Vs GG.
Branwest
7/31/07 10:40:21AM

Posted by loller90278

on a sidenote.. i cant believe from 34 fights, big nog hasn't been submitted or tko'd.. his only losses were decisions. thats NUTS!

He almost got knocked out in his last fight. His ability to take a shot and to recover is amazing. (just to clarify, i'm talking about Nog, not Fedor)
Branwest
7/31/07 10:54:09AM

Posted by ocho-cinco

I don't really see it making sense for anything less the a title shot. He is widely considered the worlds best mma fighter, and it seems unfair to give him less then a title shot, unless he would like a warm-up fight to get used to the octagon. I would really like to see him fight cro-cop, but it might as well be for the title. Unless Cro-cop fucks up again they will meet sometime with in the next year so lets see what he's got against the winner of RC Vs GG.

I agree that, being the undisputed, #1 HW in the world , he deserves an immediate title shot. However, Fedor's manager wants him to have other fight(s) first to get used to the octogon. It wont take him long to master the use and benefits of the octogon.
After seeing Couture throw Sylvia around, I don't know if Fedor should fight him. It would be embarrasing for Sylvia. I don't know about Assuerro either. He's hasn't been very impressive his last few fights. I don't think Dana will have Cro Cop fight Fedor in his first fight. He'll save that for later, to draw more attention to it. Plus, their kind of rivals (even though the other person usually has to win to create a rivalry) and Dana won't have Fedor fight his rival in his first fight in the octogon.

First fight: Tim Sylvia or Andre Orlovsky
Second fight: The loser of Couture/Gonzaga
Third fight: Title shot (providing he wins previous fights, which he will)
Fourth fight: Cro Cop or Big Nog, if their contenders.
Fifth fight: Barnett or Vera (if Vera fights at HW)
ncordless
7/31/07 4:16:27PM
Frank Mir....
ncordless
7/31/07 4:19:48PM

Posted by Branwest

Posted by ocho-cinco

I agree that, being the undisputed, #1 HW in the world , he deserves an immediate title shot. However, Fedor's manager wants him to have other fight(s) first to get used to the octogon. It wont take him long to master the use and benefits of the octogon.
After seeing Couture throw Sylvia around, I don't know if Fedor should fight him. It would be embarrasing for Sylvia. I don't know about Assuerro either. He's hasn't been very impressive his last few fights. I don't think Dana will have Cro Cop fight Fedor in his first fight. He'll save that for later, to draw more attention to it. Plus, their kind of rivals (even though the other person usually has to win to create a rivalry) and Dana won't have Fedor fight his rival in his first fight in the octogon.

First fight: Tim Sylvia or Andre Orlovsky
Second fight: The loser of Couture/Gonzaga
Third fight: Title shot (providing he wins previous fights, which he will)
Fourth fight: Cro Cop or Big Nog, if their contenders.
Fifth fight: Barnett or Vera (if Vera fights at HW)

I like your thinking here. Only thing I would change is omitting the second fight providing he wins his first.
the-james
7/31/07 4:21:04PM
Whoever is Heavyweight Champ
Pitbull09
7/31/07 7:57:47PM
Winner of the Conture/Gonzana fight. I sure hope its Conture vs Fedor for the title. That would be one of the biggest fights in history even if it was one sided.
Pitbull09
7/31/07 8:01:32PM
What the heck you guys? Dan Henderson immediately gets a title shot and you dont think Fedor would? Thats just lame bias. Im not a pride fan but come on.
the-james
7/31/07 10:32:50PM

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by CWall33

Big Nog.

why the **** would you want to see fedor fight big nog again?

Probably because they are great fights and even tough Nog lost pretty much every minute of each fight you could tell hes just one step behind Fedor and if he got enough chances could possibly beat him esspecially in the ufc because of how elbows and the cage may change the way the fight goes and if Nog beats Mirko in decembe and Fedor comes and takes the title we may see a rematch. And I for one would love to see it.
Kastro
7/31/07 11:52:45PM

Posted by CWall33

Big Nog.

Big Nog??? He already fought him 3 times....

I would love to see what he can do against Gonzaga or Randy, and I definitely want to see a rematch with Mirko....

The future holds a lot of action in the MMA world, a lot of big fights are around the corner, I cant wait.
Branwest
8/1/07 2:43:49PM

Posted by Pitbull09

What the heck you guys? Dan Henderson immediately gets a title shot and you dont think Fedor would? Thats just lame bias. Im not a pride fan but come on.

I think Dana's more than willing, and has said, that he could have an immediate title shot. Fedor's manager wants him to have one or two "warm-up fights" first. Just to get used to the octogon.
Not to worry though, if he comes to the UFC, he'll hold the title soon enough.
andrasian
8/1/07 5:43:10PM
I'd like to see him in a rematch with CroCop. Take away Mirko's excuse of being too tired and Fedor's tender fist at the time and let them go at it when they're both 100%.

Fedor takes it IMO and then goes through the rest of the UFC.
Branwest
8/2/07 2:03:38PM
I'm so sick of talking about who Fedor's going to fight and who might be able to beat him. I just wish he would hurry up and sign with the UFC so these fights we're all talking about can become reality.
Pages: 1 2 [3]