Who do u want Fedor to fight first?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who do u want Fedor to fight first?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
jdubs
6/22/07 12:31:03PM
vera or couture
Bowen50
6/22/07 12:52:44PM
Any Pride champion that comes into the UFC deserves a title shot right off the bat. Look at Dan Henderson, hes coming in and getting a title shot right away. If anything Fedor would deserve it more just because hes that damn good. So hes gonna be fighting a man he has much respect for, Randy Couture (yes Couture will beat Gonzaga).
kmansoori6
6/22/07 1:22:35PM
I agree, Fedor is the best fighter MMA has seen to date. Someone like that shouldn't get a buffer fight. He has been proving his ability for the majority of this last decade. He should get a title shot immediately. If he doesn't get a title shot i'd say he should fight Emmanuel Yarborough...;)
JWall023
6/22/07 1:27:41PM
i'd like to see Fedor/CC part 2 sometime, but i think he should get an immediate title shot winner of randy/gabe. and if he needs a warm up then yeah i'd like to see silva
szucconi
6/22/07 1:45:45PM
It doesn't matter what I want to see (Fedor v. Bob Sapp or Kimbo Slice?). He will get the winner of Couture V. GG. He has the Pride title, so he won't need to be shown to the UFC fans. It will play out just like Henderson V. Jackson. Who ever has the title at the time Fedor signs will be his first match. They won't even mention Fedor until UFC 74 when he will be in the crowd. That is, of course, if he is totally signed by then and not just a rumor of a verbal agreement.
NME
6/22/07 1:54:27PM

Posted by szucconi

It doesn't matter what I want to see (Fedor v. Bob Sapp or Kimbo Slice?). He will get the winner of Couture V. GG. He has the Pride title, so he won't need to be shown to the UFC fans. It will play out just like Henderson V. Jackson. Who ever has the title at the time Fedor signs will be his first match. They won't even mention Fedor until UFC 74 when he will be in the crowd. That is, of course, if he is totally signed by then and not just a rumor of a verbal agreement.

“Everyone [associated with the UFC] expects the deal will get done. They think it’s inevitable. They expect Fedor to be in a UFC fight before the end of the year.“

HERE

Also, your plan works out the best. He will fight Gonzaga for the title, defeat Gonzaga, then presumably face Couture in a dream match situation.

Then he can go on to face Nog and Cro Cop. Life is good.
iluvufc
6/22/07 1:59:26PM
Sylvia

He needs to lose again and again, so we don't have to watch him anymore.

He is TERRIBLE!!!!
Ultimate_fighter
6/22/07 3:38:39PM

Posted by CWall33

Big Nog.
Then the winner of Kongo/CroCop
Then the winner of Gonzaga/Randy.

The timing is a bit off for those match-ups, but that would be sweet.

peachfuzzz1305
6/22/07 3:43:06PM
FEDOR WILL FIGHT TIM SYLVIA AT UFC 74
Rush
6/22/07 4:05:15PM

Posted by peachfuzzz1305

FEDOR WILL FIGHT TIM SYLVIA AT UFC 74

If that is the case it would be Tim's chance to fix his reputation with the fans.... not I give two shits about that, but...

I don't care whom Fedor faces in the UFC (or anywhere else). I just want to see him fight.
LR
6/22/07 4:06:40PM
Tim Sylvia will never fight Fedor. He's already dodged him once and declined on a fight with him before. Fact is, Syliva probably knows he'd lose an internal organ or a limb if he fought Fedor.
thepitbull00
6/22/07 5:06:43PM
Sylvia, Arlovski, Couture, Liddell, Vera...in that order.
szucconi
6/22/07 5:09:20PM

Posted by thepitbull00

I assume you have Liddell moving up? Moving up to fight Fedor would not be a smart thing to do. He might move up to fight Couture, but there are to meny new heavy weights for him to get a quick title shot.
rcg916
6/22/07 5:10:54PM

Posted by thepitbull00

Sylvia before Arlovski? Couture wont even be fighting by then. Liddell is at a different weight, and I dont care what anyone says, he's not moving up. That guy carries too much belly at 205. and Vera as your true test? He hasnt even fought a top 10 fighter yet. Just thought that since you seem to be so opinionated on other threads, Id chime in and help you out with an opinion of my own.
KYGUY07
6/22/07 5:42:35PM
He should fight the winner o Kongo, and Cro Cop then get a title shot.
chuckw94
6/22/07 6:38:59PM
give him tim sylvia so he can shut big tim's mouth and all the smack he's been talking about fedor. and then the winner of couture and gonzaga and what a matchup if it's couture vs fedor.
Ultimate_fighter
6/22/07 7:04:26PM
Don''t any of u guys want a not bad fighter from UFC to beat Fedor... I don't know, i wanted Cro Cop to lose right away for some reason and i like him.. just i want all the fighters who don't get much of a chance to fight talent to beat them... what about u guys? i love the major upsets, it changes everyones oppinion about everything...
Rush
6/22/07 9:41:05PM
Actually I changed my mind. I want Fedor to be put in the cage with Dana White. Five rounds!!
Ultimate_fighter
6/22/07 9:53:45PM

Posted by Rush

Actually I changed my mind. I want Fedor to be put in the cage with Dana White. Five rounds!!

Hahahaa... that would be the worst... dana would be parilyzed, one arm ripped off, 1 arm broke, and his face will look worse then Shamrocks in ortiz vs shamrock 1 in about 30 seconds.
warglory
6/22/07 10:08:20PM
I'd be happy to see him fight anyone, I just want to see him fight! The man need sto keep his image of being king of the mountain.
dustyp
6/23/07 1:11:37AM
I'd like to see him fight brandon vera.i think it would be an interesting match up. his stand up is dangerous and he is quick. Plus if he wins he would be the king of the hill
taz3423
6/23/07 3:58:18AM
I want Fedor to get the same treatment as Dan Henderson. He fights winner of Randy Couture/Gabriel Gonzaga. After that he has a good list of potential solid matchups.

Big Nog/Fedor 3
Cro Cop/Fedor 2
Arlovski/Fedor
Loser of Couture/Gonzaga.
Vera/Fedor
Sylvia/Fedor
Lidell/Fedor

I'd pay to watch them all.
Once Fedor enters the cage he will become increasingly more popular each time he steps out of it.
Roadwings
6/23/07 10:40:18AM
I would say make it a title unification. Don't forget it's the year of the upsets so if Fedor fights anyone but the champ first he'll probably slip and get ko-ed or something weird...
Sim_Sam
6/24/07 8:59:03PM
Rematch with Mirko or "Minotauro"....but maybe Arlovski.
DMcCabe11
6/24/07 9:09:01PM
i think fedor should be given an elite wrestler in his first fight so everyone knows how good his wrestling and submissions are... i think someone who has been built up a great takedown fighter in the UFC it's sad but i really like the idea of him vs. O'Brien, heath was built up very big for his debut and then loss to jake on national tv by jake taking him down and being like a blanket so to casual fans showing how fedor can dominate a wrestler like obrien would be a good debut
Piccosaur
6/24/07 9:22:24PM
Sylvia, Cotoure, or GG.
Ultimate_fighter
6/24/07 10:17:09PM

Posted by Sim_Sam

Rematch with Mirko or "Minotauro"....but maybe Arlovski.

I think Cro Cop vs Fedor would be a good fight.. but i dont think dana would do that.. cuz cro cop already threatened to retire... and dana dont want that.. thats probably why he is fighting kongo.. dana will give him not bad fighters at first... i think arlovski vs fedor would be sweet but i say fedor by ko 2nd early....
gspfan31
6/24/07 10:29:31PM

Posted by CWall33

Big Nog.

why the **** would you want to see fedor fight big nog again?
CWall33
6/25/07 1:26:28AM

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by CWall33

Big Nog.

why the **** would you want to see fedor fight big nog again?

Because it's been 2.5 years since they've last fought, and that fight ended in a decision. The fight before that was almost 4 years ago, and ended in a NC. The fight before that was over 4 years ago, and was decided by another decision. I'd like to see another one to see if the progression of each fighter has made a difference in their abilities to finish a fight against each other.

The only other fight that Fedor has not finished in the 1st rould (except Coleman, 2nd round) and taken to a decision since Nog was against CroCop.

Looks to me like Nog could have Fedors number.

More importantly, why the **** wouldn't you want to see that?
ac_gi
6/25/07 1:48:42AM

Posted by taz3423

I want Fedor to get the same treatment as Dan Henderson. He fights winner of Randy Couture/Gabriel Gonzaga. After that he has a good list of potential solid matchups.

Big Nog/Fedor 3
Cro Cop/Fedor 2
Arlovski/Fedor
Loser of Couture/Gonzaga.
Vera/Fedor
Sylvia/Fedor
Lidell/Fedor

I'd pay to watch them all.
Once Fedor enters the cage he will become increasingly more popular each time he steps out of it.

I agree. He should fight the winner of the Randy/GG fight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3