Fedor one fight deal with the UFC???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor one fight deal with the UFC???
POLL: Who are you gonna route for if this happens?
Fedor 58% (28)
Randy 42% (20)
cspecial
3/13/08 6:05:59PM
MMAFightLine. com

Sources close to negotiations between the UFC and Fedor's management have informed MMAFightline. com that the two sides are currently discussing a possible one fight deal that would bring Fedor to the cage, presumably to face Randy Couture.

It is unknown whether Couture would end his lawsuit and come back to the UFC to face Fedor if the UFC were able to offer such a fight, but Couture has stated on numerous occasions that this is the only fight that makes sense at this stage of his career.

It should be noted that nothing is eminent at this point and negotiations are in the general discussion phase. If made, however, the deal would be unprecedented. The UFC is notorious for locking up fighters in long term deals and not allowing them to leave as champions. We'll have more on this story as it develops.
Pookie
3/13/08 6:10:44PM
If dana truly feels that fedor isnt #1 and barely top 5, then he should have no qualm about making it a title fight.

I will be rooting for Fedor. Round 2 sub
postman
3/13/08 6:18:21PM
As much as I would like to see Dana eat crow. I still love Randy and would hope he could pull it out.
veritas
3/13/08 6:19:52PM
I think Dana, and everybody for that matter, knows fedor is in the top 5. sure he hasnt faced a top 5 fighter in a while, but his history is still too deep embedded in most minds to have forgotten his dominance already.
But still, at 44, Randy will be right where he likes to be...the underdog. I could not comprehend how one would not love to see the natural complete his legacy, clear his beef with the UFC, and blow everyone's mind. This will be the most prominent example of who do i think will win vs who do i want to win so far. Go Randy!
casey64
3/13/08 6:21:37PM
Man this will be great Go Randy
cspecial
3/13/08 6:49:19PM
i hope to God it will work but to be honest with you guys i have a bad feeling about how the ufc has been with its fighters from pride. i mean come on now... pretty much every pride fighter has lost to a very marketable ufc fighter. Hendo lost both belts to ufc fighters. yeah i know all about rampage but come on now... he's marketable as hell, already proved that. i hope they don't pull some bullshit and just let the fight happen the way it should unfold. COME ON FEDOR!!!
billycarnage
3/13/08 7:24:49PM
I have always considered both Anderson Silva and Rampage Pride fighters eventhough they made their switch while Pride was still alive. Dana is bias when it comes to UFC vs Pride. I lost a lot of respect for him after Griffin submitted Shogun and he said with a smug look that 'these Pride fighters are supposed to be some of the best in the world... I guess not'. Something like that anyway. But he is eating his words now cause you got 3 UFC champions from Pride now and I think it is great. As for Fedor vs Randy... I just want it to happen I think Fedor would win but wouldn't be supprised if I end up routing for The Natural.
NatedawgThaM
3/13/08 7:55:32PM
Definitely Fedor since Randy is acting really gay right now saying crap that does not make sense like not being payed enough and wanting to restructure that contract that he himself made when he came back to fight tim!!

But I'm going to pick smart and pick Randy because if it was in a ring or just on plain mats, Fedor would kill him but were talking the cage(Randy's the master of and knows every trick) and elbows(Fedor's kryptonite) so I'd pick Randy 3rd-4th TKO(cut) and though Fedor's giving him a beating the whole time. That Will suck...
cspecial
3/13/08 9:16:56PM
great fighter but i'm with this fella... i just want Fedor to whoop his ass and get it over with, enough friggin hype man.
Gipper
3/13/08 9:21:38PM
couture but i think fedor wins.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/13/08 9:22:41PM
def got fedor in this, i prolly woulda pulled for randy b4 all this bs from past few months
ufcboss
3/14/08 12:44:09AM
I will be wanting to Randy win.

I cant see why Fedor wont sign a 1 fight deal, He would get paid heaps.

I Hope this happens, Just to kill all the Randy topics, He will retire straight after, Win or lose IMO.
hippysmacker
3/14/08 4:08:17AM
I'll take Fedor by 2nd or 3rd round TKO.
ocho-cinco
3/14/08 4:48:03AM
Man, I've got butterflys in my stomach just knowing this fight might actually happen. (in GSP's voice) I want this fight so bad! Give it to me!
CornishMMA
3/14/08 7:19:50AM
I dont believe what im reading! are people actually making picks for this fight based on this article wow thats exciting and a new thing to read on a forum

So Big Nog as the interim champion does what then? sits on his hands for a year and doesnt fight? it cant work cos of that
CornishMMA
3/14/08 7:23:06AM
Unless they strip Randy for some made up reason (would need to wait till August for 1 yeat inactivity) and make Big Nog the proper champ and then just have this as a super fight

But they would still sue Randy for breach of contract as he will still have a fight left on his contract!

I just think we should even post about something like this, its just speculation yet again, wait until we hear for definate then discuss it imo
gsquat
3/14/08 10:19:43AM
Fedor wins by 1st or 2nd Sub. I'm not sure who I'll be routing for. I'd normally say Randy, but the circumstances aren't normal. I'll have to wait until it happens.
cspecial
3/14/08 11:19:56AM
why do so many people cry about "it hasnt' happened yet so stop talking about it" and crap? i mean come on... this is a discussion. TO GET PEOPLES POINTS YOU TALK ABOUT THINGS THAT YOU HEAR.

IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN DISCUSSING THE FORUM THEN TAKE YOUR ASS TO ANOTHER FORUM.... DON'T COME IN HERE AND PISS IN OUR CHEERIOS B/C WE WANNA TALK ABOUT A POSSIBLE FIGHT BETWEEN FEDOR AND RANDY!!! GOT IT? GOOD!