Fedor Emelianenko Trains with Brother Aleksander for Bout With Dan Henderson

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor Emelianenko Trains with Brother Aleksander for Bout With Dan Henderson
FastKnockout
7/12/11 3:56:46PM
It appears that Fedor Emelianenko and his brother Aleksander Emelianenko are working together again to prepare Fedor for his July 30th bout with Dan Henderson at the appropriately named Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson. Aleksander was a member of the Red Devil Sport Club for many years along with his brother, but left in 2009. The article here is in Croatian, and was translated by Marko Petrak of Fightsite.hr:

Fedor Emelianenko is doing his final preparations for his bout with Dan Handerson in small Rusian town called Kislodovsk. It's situated between the Black and Caspian Seas. He recently made up with his brother Alexander after long period that this two haven't even spoken to each other. Since he lost his two last fights, Fedor decided to change lot of things in his life, and he decided to start training with his brother Alexander again - like they did in their prime.

LINK
FastKnockout
7/12/11 3:57:52PM
Maybe this will be the key to The Last Emperor's return!
emfleek
7/12/11 4:14:36PM
Before the trolling even begins, let's just get all of the anti-Fedor comments out of the way...

- Fedor is overrated.
- Fedor hasn't fought top competition.
- Fedor has ducked Fighter A, B, C, and D for years.
- Fedor is washed up.
- Fedor would get dominated by any of the UFC's heavyweights.
- I hate Fedor.
- Fedor would get dominated even if he drops to 205.
- Fedor fought nobodies in Japan.
- Fedor nuthuggers are annoying and don't know anything about MMA.
ghandikush
7/12/11 4:21:36PM

Posted by emfleek

Before the trolling even begins, let's just get all of the anti-Fedor comments out of the way...

- Fedor is overrated.

he did and then it was proven he was overrated

- Fedor is washed up.

emfleek
7/12/11 4:23:23PM
It never fails.
ghandikush
7/12/11 4:54:25PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by emfleek

- Fedor is overrated.

he did and then it was proven he was overrated

- Fedor is washed up.

What? No?
mrsmiley
7/12/11 5:51:55PM
Going back to his roots. Nice!

Though to be fair i'm sure he ever abadoned them.
prophecy033
7/12/11 6:20:07PM
Where has aleksander been. Haven't heard about him since pride. Always like his aggression
Pookie
7/13/11 2:15:57AM
As far as being a training partner - Aleksander is probably a really good guy to help prepare for hendo, even if he fights way differently and here's why:

- His Sambo base + Size. He is strong enough in the clinch to sharpen Fedor's clinch work, which is an area that Henderson is one of the best in(Although i would say the same about fedor)

- His Handspeed + combinations. He throws with such violent precision that Fedor is going to sharpen his head movement simplyby sparring with him. This is tremendous in his favor, as Henderson catches people with single atomic bomb like haymakers. Preparing for that with someone way faster who likes to string together longer combinations can only help his endurance in avoiding the bombs. Also, he probably hits harder per punch than Hendo too.

Aleks is a good prep partner for training against Hendo's strengths.
Jekyll
7/13/11 2:48:45AM

Posted by emfleek

- Fedor is overrated.
- Fedor is washed up.
- I hate Fedor.

truth
Pookie
7/13/11 3:54:14AM
So what if Fedor absolutely dominates Henderson when they fight? Would you still stick to that same opinion?
ghandikush
7/13/11 8:41:59AM

Posted by Pookie

So what if Fedor absolutely dominates Henderson when they fight? Would you still stick to that same opinion?

Yes. Let fedor fight anderson and tell me after that fight he is supremely talented.

He already lost to two guys who probably couldnt ever win the ufc title. Had he made it to overeem he would have been vindicated a little. He messed around with slackys for baller dollers while he was prime and now his legacy fails. Even Brett almost put him out.
Manak
7/13/11 9:17:23AM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Pookie

Yes. Let fedor fight anderson and tell me after that fight he is supremely talented.

He already lost to two guys who probably couldnt ever win the ufc title. Had he made it to overeem he would have been vindicated a little. He messed around with slackys for baller dollers while he was prime and now his legacy fails. Even Brett almost put him out.

Wasnt Werdum in Line for a title shot till JDS KOed him...and now JDS is fighting for the title.....I still dont see how ppl discredit fedor like he has done nothing. He has an amazing body of work and everyone loses at sum point. I have Never heard somepne say GSP tarnished his legacy by getting KOed by Matt serra yet they will say it bout Fedor or how bout anderson getting caught in a flying heel hook once. I guess those guys suck just as much as fedor right?
Bubbles
7/13/11 11:26:30AM

Posted by emfleek

- Fedor is overrated.
- Fedor is washed up.
- I hate Fedor.

you summed up 70% of sherdog very well. the remaining 30% are still us believers/nuthuggers
Bubbles
7/13/11 11:35:21AM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Pookie

Anderson is too scared of the LHW division which is why he stays in the weak MW division where he has a massive reach and size and speed advantage, let alone the HW. Frank Mir called him out and he turned it down. Silva is scared of a rematch with Sonnen and Hendo (yes he is otherwise he would have wanted to fight him again...instead he ducked him and in turn made Dana out to be the bad guy in the negotiations). and dont give me the crap about Irvin (can) and Griffin (who couldnt have been more stylistically perfect for Silva).

Bigfoot is a beast and if he gets on top of anyone in the HW division, the fight is all but over. Had Fedor not been over anxious vs Werdum (which is a rarity as he fights so damn smart) he would have won the fight.

if Brock Lesnar can win the UFC title, im pretty damn sure Werdum and Bigfoot can too.
kingsmasher
7/13/11 11:36:43AM

Posted by emfleek

- Fedor is overrated.
- Fedor is washed up.
- I hate Fedor.

I was looking for something that was debatable found none!!