Fedor Emelianenko Vs. Tim Sylvia Being Discussed For June

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor Emelianenko Vs. Tim Sylvia Being Discussed For June
grappler0000
4/7/08 11:37:24PM
A proposed contest between Fedor Emelianenko and Tim Sylvia is currently in discussions according to a source close to the negotiations. Though our source informed us that this fight is a "solid possibility" it should be noted that it is far from a done deal and would require further negotiations if a basic agreement is reached. There are also other names in the works for both fighters should this fight fail to materialize.

The fight, however, if officially agreed to, will be held in Chicago this June under the newly formed Adrenaline MMA banner. The card is also set to feature Jeff Monson taking on Mike Russow in a heavyweight showdown.

Link
Twenty20Dollars
4/7/08 11:38:46PM
would like to see this happen but doubt it will happen because of fedor.
Mchubb316
4/7/08 11:39:26PM
Don't sleep on Sylvia if this fight happens.
jakkster
4/7/08 11:50:32PM
^ Most Def... although I feel that Couture and Fedor would be a better match up... I think that stylistically... Sylvia could possibly upset Fedor...
NatedawgThaM
4/8/08 12:07:23AM
Sweet! I'd love to see this happen and this has ten times the chance happening then Fedor/Randy.

Fedor 1st RD SUB!!! He'd drop him with a huge overhand right and get that armbar or kimura going off that!
puppetmaster837
4/8/08 12:35:45AM

Posted by jakkster

^ Most Def... although I feel that Couture and Fedor would be a better match up... I think that stylistically... Sylvia could possibly upset Fedor...

What does Tim have stylistically that Fedor hasn't destroyed already? Powerful strikers (Prime Cro Cop) Abnormally tall strikers (Choi) I realize that Choi was very inexperienced in MMA but he is still a huge guy that i imagine hits like a truck. Fedor has seen it all and beat it all and can deal with any style thrown at him.

Fedor by round 1 destruction
thatfedorsohotrightnow
4/8/08 12:57:21AM
Schilt is a better version of Timmeh and Fedor handled him, so...
cmill21
4/8/08 1:06:55AM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Posted by jakkster

What does Tim have stylistically that Fedor hasn't destroyed already? Powerful strikers (Prime Cro Cop) Abnormally tall strikers (Choi) I realize that Choi was very inexperienced in MMA but he is still a huge guy that i imagine hits like a truck. Fedor has seen it all and beat it all and can deal with any style thrown at him.

Fedor by round 1 destruction

Only problem I see (Tim has had some trouble with good sub guys) is that Tim hits hard, and you never know. If it gores to the ground I think Fedor has this one. At least Fedor won't look like a baby in his arms like he did chois lol.
Tein_Lung
4/8/08 1:36:14AM
I see silva Fedor being the same fight as Randt silvia... silvia gets taken down and made look like a total dumbass when it comes to the ground game
skatenate
4/8/08 1:45:38AM
this would be such a great fight to see, although i think couture might b a better match -up, it would still be quite a close fight. and as of yet, i wouldn't be able to pick a winner, ill make a decision when and if this actually happens. would be a great fight!
Ordep
4/8/08 2:05:12AM
Fedor would go in fast with his head down and overhead punches, in the middle of the action when Sylvia gets confused Fedor takes him down and then Armbar him.

Now the question for the Fedor haters is Sylvia "top" competition or he stopped being just for leaving the UFC?

WhiteWidow
4/8/08 2:43:04AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Sweet! I'd love to see this happen and this has ten times the chance happening then Fedor/Randy.

Fedor 1st RD SUB!!! He'd drop him with a huge overhand right and get that armbar or kimura going off that!

what he said
juanez13
4/8/08 6:45:28AM

Posted by Ordep

Fedor would go in fast with his head down and overhead punches, in the middle of the action when Sylvia gets confused Fedor takes him down and then Armbar him.

Now the question for the Fedor haters is Sylvia "top" competition or he stopped being just for leaving the UFC?

actualyl there seems to be better HW's outside the UFC now

Sergei,Fedor, Overeem, Bigfoot,Sylvia, Rothwell, Barnett, Hunt, Mirko, Rizzo, monson, Fujita, aleks emelianenko.....

comparared too Gonzaga, Kongo, Werdum, Vera, Mir, Big Nog....
babytater03
4/8/08 7:18:21AM

Posted by juanez13

actualyl there seems to be better HW's outside the UFC now

Sergei,Fedor, Overeem, Bigfoot,Sylvia, Rothwell, Barnett, Hunt, Mirko, Rizzo, monson, Fujita, aleks emelianenko.....

comparared too Gonzaga, Kongo, Werdum, Vera, Mir, Big Nog....

uhhhhh dont forget LESNAR. DUH!!
Focker101
4/8/08 7:52:08AM
Well Timmy will test Fedor and see if these long lay off's have effected him or not

so this fight will be fought in a ring not a cage right ????

My prediction Fedor R2 Sub or Decision
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/8/08 8:04:44AM
why the hell would this happen??? we already know the outcome...
sinister_16
4/8/08 10:09:11AM
Fedor would kill him
gsquat
4/8/08 12:10:23PM

Posted by Mchubb316

Don't sleep on Sylvia if this fight happens.

Sylvia would be the the one doing the sleeping in this fight. Fedor, R1 KO/TKO or Sub.
Pyrenus
4/8/08 1:29:27PM
Sylvia would need to keep the fight standing to have any chance. Randy and Nog have shown that Sylvia can be taken down. Unless something has changed drastically for either fighter, Fedor has this one.
IriShame
4/8/08 1:33:48PM

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Schilt is a better version of Timmeh and Fedor handled him, so...

I couldn't have said it better myself
wrona666
4/8/08 1:39:36PM
Fedor will come out with an aggressive pace and it has been proven that is the way to handle big Timmy.... If you press the action he doesnt know how to handle it. (Cotoure vs Sylvia). Also once fedor gets him to the ground it will be over within seconds.....

JimiMak
4/8/08 2:19:20PM
I don't think it will be nearly the runaway some think. Who knows the layoff coulda hurt Feddy more than anyone knows. Tim is def a test and he's the best competition FE has had since CC.