Fedor Emelianenko Says A Fight Between Him & Brock Lesnar Will Definitely Take Place

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor Emelianenko Says A Fight Between Him & Brock Lesnar Will Definitely Take Place
RhythmAndStyle
9/17/09 10:36:51AM
Fedor Emelianenko is getting set to make his Strikeforce debut in the next month or so, and faces a formidable opponent in the undefeated Brett Rogers. Rogers has racked up wins over the likes of Jon Murphy, Ralph Kelly, and most recently, former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski. Fedor recently noted to Inside MMA that Rogers presents a difficult challenge for him.

"Brett Rogers is in very strong physical shape," Fedor noted. "He has a great knockout punch and is very big and very dangerous."

Despite the fight being announced a month ago, an exact date for the bout has yet to be announced. Fedor admitted that he wasn't sure when the fight would take place, saying it will "take place sometime in October or November, the exact date is still being identified."

Fedor also stated that this will be his last fight this year, and he will probably not fight again until February of 2010.

Fedor was asked if MMA fans should forget about a fight between him and Brock Lesnar from ever happening, to which "The Last Emperor" replied, "definitely not."

"I think that this fight will definitely take place sometime," he continued. "I hope that finally we'll find some common language with the UFC and we'll come to an agreement."

Stay tuned to FightLine.com for an announcement on a date and venue for the Fedor - Rogers fight.

Link
cowcatcher
9/17/09 10:40:00AM
why do you build me up, buttercup baby just to let me down.....
RhythmAndStyle
9/17/09 11:16:11AM
oh..we all know it's gonna happen one day..but damn..it's gonna be a long wait...
marcus1
9/17/09 11:47:29AM
Fedor is just stringing us along as usual. I personally could care less if he ever fights in the UFC. His management is brutal and he does not seem to care. I hope Rogers KO's him in the first round and it opens up a long run of Fedor getting his ass handed to him.
wrona666
9/17/09 12:46:24PM
Well the only way it will happen is in the UFC, and i just don't see that happening.....More false hope from Fedor......
Sinister
9/17/09 1:21:19PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

oh..we all know it's gonna happen one day..but damn..it's gonna be a long wait...

The more he waits, the older he will get and the more experienced Brock will get.
Bad choice on his part
xdanish020
9/17/09 1:32:36PM
Honestly, who cares what this guy and his management have to say anymore.....it's all bullshit anyway.
george112
9/17/09 1:36:52PM
hahaha

yall guys are like school children.

im almost certain that when and if fedor beats lesnar all of yall are going to jump back on his bandwagon.

ill even go as far to say that IF HE SIGNS WITH THE UFC yall will jump on his bandwagon.regardless if he beats lesnar or not.
PABLOMAFIOSO
9/17/09 1:55:33PM

Posted by marcus1

Fedor is just stringing us along as usual. I personally could care less if he ever fights in the UFC. His management is brutal and he does not seem to care. I hope Rogers KO's him in the first round and it opens up a long run of Fedor getting his ass handed to him.

Can't see that happening. Fedor is going to dominate Strikeforce to the point where he will eventually sign with the UFC. Rogers is not gonna last long.
snakeplissken
9/17/09 1:57:30PM
Fedor: 'Blah Blah Blah and another bunch of stuff I'll never do, blah, blah, blah'

Change the record until you actually do something of note. Id rather watch the greatest hits of Tim Sylvia on a continuous loop... Well actually no I wouldn't but you get the idea..
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/17/09 2:12:18PM
This is not news . Fedor said , word for word , the same thing on an interview with ron kruck 2 months ago . Followed by the same statement made to arial helwani , rawvegastv and i dont know how many more .

Although it's interesting to see who acknowledges/supports the greatest fighter of our generation vs who supports the current greatest promotion .
loller90278
9/17/09 3:04:46PM
fedor is starting to sound like a troll...
mrsmiley
9/17/09 3:12:59PM
Maybe it will,maybe it won't.

I'm thinking more along the lines of it will happen eventually,but by the time it does happen it might not have the hype it does now.
EvenFlow
9/17/09 3:31:09PM
He basically says hes going to be in the UFC and ppl still give him sh*t

The worst part about MMA are the jumpers and inpatient fans.
george112
9/17/09 3:37:46PM

Posted by EvenFlow

THANK YOU
ChokeUout
9/17/09 6:33:45PM

Posted by EvenFlow

He's been saying he's gonna be in the UFC for 3 years now, and he keeps dodging it. He'll sign with everyone BUT the UFC because the UFC won't fork over half it's revenue to M-1, so yeah, ppl give him sh*t.

After all the stringing along, fans have every right to be impatient.

At this point, I don't even think Fedor truly believes he'll ever fight Lesnar, or anyone, in the UFC.

And at this point, I couldn't care less if he did.
warglory
9/17/09 6:37:36PM

Posted by EvenFlow

He's not basically saying anything, he is hoping Dana caves in on whatever ridiculous demands his management were proposing, which isn't going to happen. UFC does NOT need Fedor, Fedor needs the UFC. Would we all like to see Fedor vs Brock? Of course, but that's not going to happen if hi management and Zuffa continue to hold true to their stand off.
quball
9/17/09 7:37:18PM
If it does happen the question is will Brock still have the belt? And if he doesn’t would you even care if they fight.
EvenFlow
9/17/09 9:54:30PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by EvenFlow

He's not basically saying anything, he is hoping Dana caves in on whatever ridiculous demands his management were proposing, which isn't going to happen. UFC does NOT need Fedor, Fedor needs the UFC. Would we all like to see Fedor vs Brock? Of course, but that's not going to happen if hi management and Zuffa continue to hold true to their stand off.

Once his 3 fights are over in his M-1 contract he can do whatever he pleases, is this new to you? Quote Fedor saying he was for sure going to fight in the UFC before this... dont worry I'll wait.
mrsmiley
9/17/09 11:00:27PM
I think a lot of people forget to about the whole Crocop Inoki Bombay fisaco that took place too.

He was scheduled to face CC new years eve and instead of fighting him in PRIDE he went to Inoki Bombay to fight Nagata for one fight.
It had nothing to do with ducking Crocop,but everything to do with what his management wanted and what "they" thought was best overall.
Though fans all over the world said Fedor was ducking CC. Hurting his hand and postponing the fight even longer didn't help either.

As a result,Fedor made a big payday,eventually went on to beat CC,though one of the promoters of Inoki Bombay went into hiding for several years.
Once he came out of hiding he was found dead shortly after.

That's not rumor but fact. (Just read the book Total MMA)

Anyhow,I don't think it's too out of the question to expect Fedor to eventually find his way via the UFC considering the weird circumstances under which fights like the CC one took place.

But even at all of this,I believe the UFC is home to overall the best roster of fighters in the word. Yet I can't help but believe if Fedor VS Brock happens anywere but the UFC,people will discredit Brock as a freakshow fighter.

Even if most fans disagree with that notion,you can bet Dana White and company will make that claim just like they discredit AA and Big TImmy now.
Yes HW's are better now in the UFC than they were then,but that's true of every generation of MMA and of every weight class at that. I
It keeps evolving,thus the fighters look and get better.

Wallass
9/18/09 4:05:39AM
You're propped out but the Total MMA reference is great. Best book on MMA that Ive read yet, I got two of my friends to read it too.
mrsmiley
9/18/09 6:24:42AM
Yeah that book is very enlightening in several areas.
I thought another good one was "Brawl".
If you haven't read it,it's a bit older than Total MMA but has quiet a few interesting stories too.
Boo_Radley21
9/19/09 12:47:00AM
It's gonna happen, there's no way of avoiding it. Lesnar is too big for Fedor. I know Fedor fought Hong Man Choi, but Lesnar is huge and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more athletic than Choi. He dominate Mir and Couture. If Fedor is able to beat Lesnar I will be speechlesss
Aether
9/19/09 4:30:49PM
I still say that judgment of Fedor himself should be reserved until his M-1 contract expires and we see what he decides to do. Right now his hands are contractually tied, I believe that M-1 are some pretty shady scumbags, but whether Fedor agrees with what is going on we can't really know until his fate is completely in his own hands.

Everything I've read and seen from him indicates that he's trying to stay completely neutral and that he does actually want to be in the UFC. Who knows? We'll find out within a year most likely.
bigbubbano23
9/19/09 9:01:41PM
what i think he's saying is please don't move me down the ranking please, i'm not ducking great fighters, """"""""that fight will happen someday i promise"""""

i want to be the best, but i don't want to fight the best?

that's what i interpreted
slapshot
9/20/09 2:18:17AM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by warglory

Posted by EvenFlow

Once his 3 fights are over in his M-1 contract he can do whatever he pleases, is this new to you? Quote Fedor saying he was for sure going to fight in the UFC before this... dont worry I'll wait.

He was free to do whatever he wanted when he chose to sign with M1 and not sign with the UFC, is that new to you?

Im tired of Fedor, you should try and find his conference call with strikeforce right after he signed with them, in it he said the final decision to not sign with the UFC was his and that he felt SF was better that the UFC with fighters.

So basically he doesn't want to sign with the UFC.
EvenFlow
9/20/09 2:39:59AM
Did I hear the wind?
slapshot
9/20/09 3:02:12AM
EvenFlow
9/20/09 11:49:37PM
I wish I was cool enough to cherrypick