Fedor Emelianenko Returns to Action in June

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor Emelianenko Returns to Action in June
BuffaloDave
4/6/12 2:31:03PM
Fedor Emelianenko will return to action in June, but it won't be in the UFC.

Following a week of speculation about where "The Last Emperor" will end up next, Evgeni Kogan, M-1 Gloval director of operations, announced Friday afternoon that Emelianenko will fight on June 21 at the Ice Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia. Emelianenko's opponent will be announced at a later date.

LINK
Budgellism
4/6/12 2:37:48PM
I've heard rumours about it being Lashley. I guess we'll see.
Poor_Franklin
4/6/12 2:38:09PM
how much is Fedor getting paid?

any numbers on the Monson & ishii fights?
Bubbles
4/6/12 3:12:55PM
If Overeem gets canned.....

george112
4/6/12 3:34:27PM
Interested to see who his opponent will be
Dberntson
4/6/12 3:59:10PM
If (and a big if), if M-1 would drop their co-promotion and Dana would soften his stance, I would like following:

1) Mir vs. Jr.
2) Fedor vs. Cain

If the above doesn't work, then one of the two below:
3) Move either Silva, Hunt, or Struve up to fight Cain with Fedor getting their opponent

4) Or if the UFC wont budge and if the Demolition Man gets cut, Fedor vs. The REEM.

Final choice:

Fedor vs. Tim Silvia - winner gets into the UFC match. Loser goes home and never mentions getting into the UFC again.

I personally still have faith in The Last Emperor. I think he's still a bottom top 10 or low teen rank that still could make waves and beat a lot of heavy weights.
Chael_Sonnen
4/6/12 4:35:55PM
Either way, it'll be another can.
rush13
4/6/12 7:19:37PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Either way, it'll be another can.

Yes sir...time to crush another can.
kopower
4/7/12 3:53:17PM

Fedor vs. Tim Silvia - winner gets into the UFC match. Loser goes home and never mentions getting into the UFC again.

I like the idea