Fedor Emelianenko to Return to Strikeforce in July

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor Emelianenko to Return to Strikeforce in July
FastKnockout
3/24/11 2:20:58PM
The long-time top-heavyweight in MMA, Fedor Emelianenko, will make his return to action for Strikeforce in July. The Russian star lost his second straight fight to Antonio Silva in February after submitting to Fabricio Werdum in 69 seconds back in June 2010.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker spoke to Sherdog:

"Fedor's gonna fight sometime in July. It's probably toward the end of July or mid-July, but we have fights with Fedor that we're gonna honor and continue forward. We're gonna do the co-branding exercise that we do with M-1 every time we do fights with them."

"The opponent has not been chosen, but I think having Fedor involved close to the tournament as an alternate is definitely a possibility," he added.

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
3/24/11 2:27:04PM
Doubt he will face Hendo @205, Gegard/Kyle should be up for Hendo next.

Idk they might do Fedor vs Griggs or Shane, but prolly not Andrei.
Theoutlaw08
3/24/11 3:11:21PM
No way he will face Hendo. Fedor will run scared. He can't stomach another loss to a former UFC fighter.
jimmyinfamous
3/24/11 3:16:48PM
I will not deny how good of a fighter Fedor was, but for all you out there that won't stop riding Fedor and speaking of how legendary he is--keep riding him, because while he continues his proper downfall, you'll go down with him. No hate, but Fedor ain't that great.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
emfleek
3/24/11 3:29:48PM

Posted by jimmyinfamous

I will not deny how good of a fighter Fedor was, but for all you out there that won't stop riding Fedor and speaking of how legendary he is--keep riding him, because while he continues his proper downfall, you'll go down with him. No hate, but Fedor ain't that great.

He's absolutely legendary. There's no disputing that. Period.

Is he great now? Obviously not. However, every fighter/athlete has a downside to their career. Fedor has finally started to decline.

That's life.
Twenty20Dollars
3/24/11 3:55:04PM
I would hate to see Fedor steal a tourney spot over Shane or Griggs.
TeamDEY
3/24/11 4:02:13PM

Posted by jimmyinfamous

Troll
Theoutlaw08
3/24/11 4:02:53PM
It's true every fighter has a decline, see Chuck Liddell. And yes Chuck, Tito and Fedor are legends, but they are all done. The difference I see is Tito and Chuck had decent competition, Fedor hasn't fought anyone since his pride days. Pretty soon Fedor will be saying "SEE YAH!" to his career.

I would also hate for him to steal a spot in the tourney. That would piss me off.
Budgellism
3/24/11 4:09:43PM

Posted by jimmyinfamous

Fedor is 100% legendary. Probably the most legendary mma fighter ever at this point. He's had a long career filled with wars, one sided fights and everything in between. You talk about the guy like he's nothing, like he didn't accomplish anything. Honestly, I read your comment and thought you were a complete fool. No hate, just saying...

He's not what he was today but that makes sense. There are many factors as to why Fedor hasn't done well lately and his legacy isn't one of them. "You'll go down with him?" What does that even mean? He's at the end of his career, enough said.
Theoutlaw08
3/24/11 4:30:13PM
How is Anderson Silva not the most legendary fighter ever? Saying the Fedor is a more legendary fighter is ludicrous.
jimmyinfamous
3/24/11 5:02:46PM

Posted by TeamDEY

Posted by jimmyinfamous

Troll

TeamDEY,

Troll? Are my comments too sensitive for you? I'm not trying to arouse action from anyone, because after all, it's just an opinion.

Next time, I suggest if you have a something to say, add some actual input instead of merely "troll." But, maybe calling out someone as a web troll is the cool thing to do these days...

cowcatcher
3/24/11 5:17:57PM
Calling out the troll > being the troll
jimmyinfamous
3/24/11 6:13:52PM
Fedor himself is one thing, but his M-1 is another issue.
cmill21
3/24/11 6:51:36PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

It's true every fighter has a decline, see Chuck Liddell. And yes Chuck, Tito and Fedor are legends, but they are all done. The difference I see is Tito and Chuck had decent competition, Fedor hasn't fought anyone since his pride days. Pretty soon Fedor will be saying "SEE YAH!" to his career.

I would also hate for him to steal a spot in the tourney. That would piss me off.

Hasn't fought anyone? Go back, read your comment above that says "afraid of another loss to a UFC fighter" then look at his recent record, destroyed 2 former UFC champs, with Arlovski coming off 2 fights that many people on here think were the best of his career(he did look fantastic) and then he derailed a huge man and very talented fighter in Brett Rogers. The guy has lost 2 in a row, one because Werdum is an incredibly talented fighter and the other because he fought a man with confirmed gigantism. And why is Fedor considered "more legendary" then Anderson? Maybe because Fedor has always been undersized and has pulled off some of the most incredible moments we've ever seen in MMA? Or maybe because he's never degraded an opponent by dancing around the ring and screaming at him. I'm not really sure.
prozacnation1978
3/24/11 7:21:21PM
With everyone tied up in the tourney

Who would he face??? Only guess is del rosario

And that is a guy who been fighting on strikeforce challenger series

Not hendo

Only other thing is drop to 205 and fight babulu or king lawal
jimmyinfamous
3/24/11 8:54:22PM

Posted by cmill21

Hasn't fought anyone? Go back, read your comment above that says "afraid of another loss to a UFC fighter" then look at his recent record, destroyed 2 former UFC champs, with Arlovski coming off 2 fights that many people on here think were the best of his career(he did look fantastic) and then he derailed a huge man and very talented fighter in Brett Rogers. The guy has lost 2 in a row, one because Werdum is an incredibly talented fighter and the other because he fought a man with confirmed gigantism. And why is Fedor considered "more legendary" then Anderson? Maybe because Fedor has always been undersized and has pulled off some of the most incredible moments we've ever seen in MMA? Or maybe because he's never degraded an opponent by dancing around the ring and screaming at him. I'm not really sure.

Brett Rogers is very talented you say? Since when? What name opponents has he destroyed? And don't even bring up your aforementioned, glass-chin Arlovski.

I could rant about Fedor all day long, but won't because I'm not a fan and I won't give the fan-boys the satisfaction to namedrop their lifelong hero.

I'm Fedor'd out like I have been for a long time.
cmill21
3/24/11 8:58:58PM
You have 5 posts and clearly don't know MMA outside of what you've been spoon fed by TUF so this is as far as my response to you will go. If you want to talk about it please come up with something other then saying a professional fighter either isn't talented or has a glass chin.
Pookie
3/24/11 9:09:41PM
Fedor beat just about everyone that was ever available for him to fight. Duh.
MiniMan
3/24/11 9:34:05PM
OMG, Dana is sending Randy to Strikeforce for a match with Fedor!!!

OK, I Lie! And prey!
quezocrema0032
3/24/11 10:00:52PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

How is Anderson Silva not the most legendary fighter ever? Saying the Fedor is a more legendary fighter is ludicrous.

I agree with you saying Anderson is the most legendary fighter ever, but do you want to know why everyone says Fedor is the best ? Because so many fans on this site and in real life like to talk crap about zuffa just cause then "they know more about the sport". It's stupid but Fedor gets over valued cause he didn't do it in the ufc.
Theoutlaw08
3/24/11 10:05:25PM

Posted by quezocrema0032

I agree with you saying Anderson is the most legendary fighter ever, but do you want to know why everyone says Fedor is the best ? Because so many fans on this site and in real life like to talk crap about zuffa just cause then "they know more about the sport". It's stupid but Fedor gets over valued cause he didn't do it in the ufc.

Dude you hit the nail on the head. I can argue all day with these rummies about Fedor and what not. He's beat some guys after they got let go from the UFC. I'm cool with people that are his fans, they are entitled to their opinion. I wouldn't even put him in the top 3 ever, Maybe top 5.
Boo_Radley21
3/24/11 11:08:02PM
Good to hear, they should give him someone easier
cmill21
3/24/11 11:11:57PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by quezocrema0032

Dude you hit the nail on the head. I can argue all day with these rummies about Fedor and what not. He's beat some guys after they got let go from the UFC. I'm cool with people that are his fans, they are entitled to their opinion. I wouldn't even put him in the top 3 ever, Maybe top 5.

What's your top 5?
Manak
3/25/11 12:48:05PM
personally i think Fedor hurt is legacy a little by not fighting in the UFC. but still you cannot ignore his body of work. I just think he never fully started to grasp how big mma was getting and should have started training with more experienced fighters, staying in russia i think hurt him.
GSPCanada
3/25/11 3:29:53PM
I don't think it is fair to say fedor hasn't fought anyway recently, first of all he beat the best of the best when in his prime and he was often outweighed in those fights. second of all it isn't fair to say any thing bout any fighter not beating top opponents, i do personally think arlovski is glass chinned and sylvia is out of shape and over the hill, but believe me u can say that bout any fighter. i can say brock lesnar beat an over the hill couture and an out of shape carwin. I think anderson silva is the best fighter ever but in retrospect i can take some of the guys he has beaten: cote, lutter, maia, leben, leites, and say they r nobodies and that anderson hasn't beaten anyone, but at the the time they were all considered top 5 mw, just like all the guys fedor fought at the time
Ordep
3/27/11 3:43:18AM
Oh yeah, Fedor sucks and he's not that great.

Just like Michael Jordan, have you seen his number with Washington? Geez, I don't know why people are still calling him the greatest.
cowcatcher
3/27/11 11:56:23AM
Since CC got released by the UFC and SF is supposedly operating on it's own, maybe this is the time for the CC-Fedor rematch under the SF banner.