Fedor Emelianenko Pens Open Letter to Dana White

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor Emelianenko Pens Open Letter to Dana White
Next Page »
Bemin
2/8/08 5:29:09PM
Saying he will no longer permit Dana White to disparage him, former PRIDE heavyweight champion and famed Russian fighter Fedor Emelianenko has fired back and penned an open letter to the UFC’s head president and challenged him to allow a fight with UFC heavyweight champ Randy Couture or interim champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

Link
Manfred
2/8/08 5:45:26PM
Even as a Fedor nut-hugger, I had to chuckle that he would even mention Choi. But everything else he said was good though.

In the future I wouldn’t want to hear those statements in my address ever again and I won’t tolerate that.

He sounds pissed!! Dana better hire some security
tuvok500
2/8/08 5:46:56PM
Yeah, his last fight proved that he was ready to fight anybody, i really mean ANYBODY !!

Fedor must feel bad now that he have signed with an organization who are not able to have a tv deal in japan without K-1 and who will have their future event ( if it happen 1 day ) on hdnet, a channel that i have but i am pretty sure that less that 5% of the peoples in America have it.

Fedor is challenging the UFC fighters but when he was having an offer of 1 million per fight just by signing a contract he declined , so...

but i understand the part that he complain about the bashing, i think Dana have talked enough about this guy and should just concentrate on his fighters in the UFC.

cmill21
2/8/08 5:53:14PM

Posted by tuvok500

Yeah, his last fight proved that he was ready to fight anybody, i really mean ANYBODY !!

Fedor must feel bad now that he have signed with an organization who are not able to have a tv deal in japan without K-1 and who will have their future event ( if it happen 1 day ) on hdnet, a channel that i have but i am pretty sure that less that 5% of the peoples in America have it.

Fedor is challenging the UFC fighters but when he was having an offer of 1 million per fight just by signing a contract he declined , so...

but i understand the part that he complain about the bashing, i think Dana have talked enough about this guy and should just concentrate on his fighters in the UFC.

I think he's just saying that if Dana's so concerend about who he's fighting then he should feed him one of his HW champs. If it was most people who Dana said those things about they would have said alot of terrible things back but Fedor's to respectful.
Manfred
2/8/08 5:55:20PM

Posted by tuvok500

Would you sign this??

Without the UFC's pre-approval, he:
- Can't give ANY interviews
- Can't appear in TV or film
- Can't do any sponsorships or advertisement
Additionally:
- No Sambo
- He can be released if he loses one fight
- He had to fight 8 times in two years
- If he is undefeated at the end of his contract, he gets automatically extended for an UNSPECIFIED amount of time, at the SAME compensation
So basically he can never leave unless he loses. And no bump in pay unless Lord Dana fells like it. The UFC talked down and disrespectfully to his agents Both publicly, and according to Fedor, privately as well. Additionally, they had come to terms and had a verbal agreement, only to receive a totally different contract in the mail.
cmill21
2/8/08 6:01:58PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by tuvok500

Would you sign this??

Additionally:
- No Sambo
- If he is undefeated at the end of his contract, he gets automatically extended for an UNSPECIFIED amount of time, at the SAME compensation
So basically he can never leave unless he loses. And no bump in pay unless Lord Dana fells like it. The UFC talked down and disrespectfully to his agents Both publicly, and according to Fedor, privately as well. Additionally, they had come to terms and had a verbal agreement, only to receive a totally different contract in the mail.

Yes that should be known as the "Cro Cop & Randy" contract. They realized that Fedor would either be a huuuuuuge success or a huuuuge bust and wanted protection from both. It was a good idea and I see why they'd do it but to be pissed because someone woulden't sign that is a bit rediculous.
tuvok500
2/8/08 6:09:06PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by tuvok500

Would you sign this??

Additionally:
- No Sambo

Well, yes because in fact this is not that strict.
fighter can give interview even on HDNET, i mean Liddell and some other are sometime on insideMMA and i don't think Liddell have been banned by Dana for that, the only thing is that he probably told to Dana that he was going to the show and normally unless the show is basshing on the UFC non stop , there are no problem.

Also, Huerta gave an interview live on HDNET fight, don't remember what was the name of the event but he was speaking live about his next fight with guida and etc..

If you really want to see a strict contract, try to find a NFL player contract and man you will understand that compare to the NFL, the UFC are very relax about their fighters !!
I think it was more a cultural difference between the American way and the Russian way to see thinks. Fedor wanted to have a special contract when he was allowed to fight somewhere else, something that nobody under contract with the UFC have and Dana was not ready to give him that .

Manfred
2/8/08 6:09:31PM

Posted by cmill21

Yes that should be known as the "Cro Cop & Randy" contract. They realized that Fedor would either be a huuuuuuge success or a huuuuge bust and wanted protection from both. It was a good idea and I see why they'd do it but to be pissed because someone woulden't sign that is a bit rediculous.

I understand the need to protect themselves, but same pay scale after 8 victories and indefinite extension?? Come on, after 8 wins, everyone deserves the chance to renegotiate or walk away
cmill21
2/8/08 6:15:10PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by cmill21

I understand the need to protect themselves, but same pay scale after 8 victories and indefinite extension?? Come on, after 8 wins, everyone deserves the chance to renegotiate or walk away

Oh no I totally agree that contract was rediculous. Oh and to tuvok, not everyone has the same contract...
cowcatcher
2/8/08 6:55:26PM
surprising that fedor would fire back, he doesnt seem like the type to let things get under his skin but everybody has their limit. you know danas loving this because in making those comments he wanted to get a rise out of fedor and now hes done it.
cmill21
2/8/08 7:07:03PM

Posted by cowcatcher

surprising that fedor would fire back, he doesnt seem like the type to let things get under his skin but everybody has their limit. you know danas loving this because in making those comments he wanted to get a rise out of fedor and now hes done it.

Kinda like the bully in grade school eh? lol
Ordep
2/8/08 7:09:11PM
Fedor did the right thing for him, if the "fans" think that was a bad move that is on their side, if and he deserves to be dropped in the rankings because lack of competition and bla bla bla bla....well do it, I dont think he cares, he has proven to be the best so far......... recent fights against bad competition?... just a quick reminder.. M-1 just started they're still building their roster they signed Fedor and the only thing they had at the moment was Choi...well sell your company's 1st event with Fedor face.

Dana doesn't want to co-promote something with M-1 to make the Couture-Fedor fight and people defend him as a "smart business man" on the other hand Fedor resign the offer made because he thought the agreements weren't good for him and people start calling him "stupid", "coward" etc. Don't you think he's kind of doing the same thing? Exactly, getting what is better for him. Analogy: Do you think Alex Rodriguez would be playing for the Yankees if some league from other country would have offered him twice the money he's earning?

The $$ offered to Fedor was good but those contract agreements (as presented by Manfred) totally overcome the amount of $$$. The UFC admin. had nothing to lose signing Fedor without those strict restrictions. An event with Fedor-Couture as the main event would have break all the records (attendance, PPV, sponsorship $$ and tickets). It was a win-win situation that they missed.
jrmmaclassics
2/8/08 7:41:07PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by cowcatcher

Kinda like the bully in grade school eh? lol

This might be a case of loyalty over pay, Fedor was loyal to stay with a company that respects what he has done as a fighter. Most of the true champion would rather fight for someone who respects them then for someone who owns them. Be ready to see more fighters stand up against the UFC and it's disrespect for it's fighters.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
Manfred
2/8/08 8:17:06PM

Posted by jrmmaclassics

This might be a case of loyalty over pay, Fedor was loyal to stay with a company that respects what he has done as a fighter. Most of the true champion would rather fight for someone who respects them then for someone who owns them. Be ready to see more fighters stand up against the UFC and it's disrespect for it's fighters.

It's too early to tell, but the tide might just roll that way. If they lose AA and Timmah to M-1 it'll be a huge loss to the UFC. Not because AA or Timmah are great draw or anything, just because they lost them. Add some some of the other free agents out there and M-1 would have just as solid a HW roster as the UFC. (Hunt, Sergei, Monson, Rizzo, Aleks, Fedor, AA, Timmah, and Randy would make a pretty stacked div.)
RMFG_187
2/8/08 8:18:54PM
Now THIS is a new step to making the fight happen
BlazinSaddle
2/8/08 8:23:35PM

Posted by RMFG_187

UFC or not this is starting to piss off fedor
cmill21
2/8/08 8:28:54PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by RMFG_187

Woulden't it be great to see Fedor fight angry?
Pookie
2/8/08 8:35:40PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by RMFG_187

Woulden't it be great to see Fedor fight angry?

he might just lose.

that calm peaceful mind of his grants him buddha like powers
Manak
2/8/08 9:10:32PM
they should just met up and fight in one of their gyms and it "magical" be broadcasted somewhere without a contract signing so u can pass it off as just a training session with intense sparing but i can only dream. and if i was fedor i would be pissed to if someone was just bad mouthing just because i didn't sign and fedor never talked shit bout anyone either.
McBee
2/8/08 9:14:45PM
[

I think he's just saying that if Dana's so concerend about who he's fighting then he should feed him one of his HW champs. If it was most people who Dana said those things about they would have said alot of terrible things back but Fedor's to respectful.

but Fedor made it impossibe for Dana to sign him amd he and the rest of the world would have to be niave to think he would say so you did not sign with us but can we still make you more money out of the goodness of our hearts retarded, if he cared to fight the best he would have screwed the Sambo championship and signed with the UFC, I know this is all posturing I just cannot stand how people can lay all the blame on the UFC, They have all the card WHY FOLD ?!
stock
2/8/08 9:53:33PM
"My last fight in Japan proved that I’m ready to fight anybody with any height advantage, skillset or experience."

tuvok500
2/8/08 10:09:31PM

Posted by stock

"My last fight in Japan proved that I’m ready to fight anybody with any height advantage, skillset or experience."

Yeah, and he forgot to mention that the guy was not an MMA fighter and they were having a special " NO KNEE " rule to make sure that Fedor was able to go for the take down without any risk !! lol

cmill21
2/8/08 10:40:09PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by stock

Yeah, and he forgot to mention that the guy was not an MMA fighter and they were having a special " NO KNEE " rule to make sure that Fedor was able to go for the take down without any risk !! lol

Besides getting hit with a sledge hammer....No risk? The guys 7'3 365, theres a risk of dieing when a guy that big falls on you. Fedor didn't take him down, Choi fell on top.
MALICE
2/8/08 10:45:48PM

Posted by LayinFrame

Posted by whardin19

your damned if you do and damned if you dont

telnights
2/8/08 11:08:53PM
Fedor has no room to say anything till he fights someone thats not a can. He also shouldnt expect the UFC to help him with this. It isn't the UFC job to prove he is good or bad its also not their job give him exposure this is M-1s job and his own. So he shouldnt be shocked that Dana is talking smack about him when he is making it so easy.

Now for the people complaining about the contract. I'm sick of hearing this I don't know how many times this has to be said before people get it. The UFC's contract is a standard pro athletic contract. In fact their contract isn't as strict as some NFL contracts are. Most contracts have a ton of clause in them and are not very friendly to the person signing it. Before you go knocking the UFC's contract spend some time and read your cell phone contract and you will see how unfriendly contracts are.

Now as far Fedor not signing with the UFC to go to company that respects him is a joke. M-1 and his management respect him so much that they keep having him fight cans. The VP is his own manager and he doesn't even respect him, if he did he would have had Fedor fight better fighters for the past 3 years. If you have your fighter always fighting cans that means you don't think he can beat any better. For those that don't know one of the things Fedor was asking for in his contract with the UFC was full rights of picking who he fights this was also in his Pride contract.
cmill21
2/8/08 11:18:42PM

Posted by telnights

Fedor has no room to say anything till he fights someone thats not a can. He also shouldnt expect the UFC to help him with this. It isn't the UFC job to prove he is good or bad its also not their job give him exposure this is M-1s job and his own. So he shouldnt be shocked that Dana is talking smack about him when he is making it so easy.

Now for the people complaining about the contract. I'm sick of hearing this I don't know how many times this has to be said before people get it. The UFC's contract is a standard pro athletic contract. In fact their contract isn't as strict as some NFL contracts are. Most contracts have a ton of clause in them and are not very friendly to the person signing it. Before you go knocking the UFC's contract spend some time and read your cell phone contract and you will see how unfriendly contracts are.

Now as far Fedor not signing with the UFC to go to company that respects him is a joke. M-1 and his management respect him so much that they keep having him fight cans. The VP is his own manager and he doesn't even respect him, if he did he would have had Fedor fight better fighters for the past 3 years. If you have your fighter always fighting cans that means you don't think he can beat any better. For those that don't know one of the things Fedor was asking for in his contract with the UFC was full rights of picking who he fights this was also in his Pride contract.

Tuvok has a twin!!! Lol man you need to read up on what the UFC offered Fedor. Yes contracts aren't warm and fuzzy but look at all the problems the UFC is having with contracts. I get that you love the UFC, but right now that are doing things exactly like a monopoly, it's what they offer or fight elsewhere. Tito, Hendo, Soko, Tim, Randy, Lindland, Barney, Gomi, Fedor, Shamrock, ect. all have had big problems with UFC contracts, it's not just Fedor. He's not saying UFC I need you to find me a fight, he's saying hey Dana you want to say I suck, send me your champ and I'll show you that i'm no joke. You have no idea of the competitive nature of athletes if you don't think that 99% of them would say the same thing if someone like Dana was talking shit about them. Your UFC can do things wrong you know, and I think they will end up getting slapped with the same kind of thing Ali laid on Don King, even Big John has said it's going to be happening soon.
postman
2/8/08 11:54:43PM
It dosn't really matter what we think of the contract Fedor was offered. What matters is that Fedor felt it wasn't right for him, so he CHOSE not to fight for the UFC. IMO a million a fight is alot a I am not to sure on saliries but I know I have never seen the UFC pay one million to a fighter for one fight. So I can see wanting restrictions and a little control over their investment.

There are things to agree with, like no Sambo was a big one. Well how many times do we hear about pro athleats getting hurt in a pick up game of basketball and this guy wants to compete in Sambo? I see their point.

The Interview thing seems crazy to me and I think a mans endoirsments are his deal, cause once there is no more fights the guy needs to be able to live the good life.

MALICE
2/9/08 12:00:34AM
I've never heard of anyone forcing a fighter to sign with the UFC. If they do not agree with the contract, they don't need to sign it. Nothing upsets me more than someone signing a contract, and then not honoring that contract, or complaining about their contract.

Nobody forced you to sign, so the fault is your own. That's all there is to it.

So a new athlete to your org signs a contract better than your own. That sucks. But honor your contract and you can make your demands when it is up. That is how it works.

Fedor didn't agree with UFC's contract, so he didn't sign it. Good for Fedor, he knows what he wants. Randy signed his contract. If he is not happy with that contract, or chooses not to honor that contract, the fault is his own.

As for the UFC getting the blame for not making the Randy/Fedor fight happen. It is completely bs. They offered Fedor the largest mma contract to date. He did not agree with it, so the blame is on nobody.
postman
2/9/08 12:08:26AM
Pookie
2/9/08 12:09:39AM

propped.
Pages: [1] 2