Fedor Emelianenko, UFC Finalizing Deal

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor Emelianenko, UFC Finalizing Deal
Bowen50
7/28/09 7:28:03PM
A long-awaited agreement between the Ultimate Fighting Championship and the man considered the world's best mixed martial arts fighter, Fedor Emelianenko, is expected to be announced by UFC President Dana White on Friday, a source with information about the negotiations told The Times today.

The source, who asked not to be identified because he's not authorized to speak publicly about the dealings, called negotiations between the UFC and Fedor "very civil" just days after Fedor's scheduled Affliction Trilogy fight Saturday against Josh Barnett was canceled.

Link

i'm not sure how reliable this is that's why i posted it in the lounge. if a mod sees this as news worthy feel free to move it to the news forum.
sclasclemski
7/28/09 7:30:13PM
very intriguing...I'd don't want to get my hopes up but damn that would be too awesome
chuckw94
7/28/09 7:35:29PM
PLEASE let this be true. Brock vs Fedor
Twenty20Dollars
7/28/09 7:35:29PM
if the deal does happen. I wonder who gave in? Im going to say dana because of him and tito working things out.

I bet the deal happens.
cmill21
7/28/09 7:35:53PM
Guess we'll see.
nickcuc547
7/28/09 8:09:22PM
it's happening, it makes too much sense for everybody involved. fedor will be in the ufc, and the ufc heavyweight division needs to watch out.
soundboy1
7/28/09 8:10:49PM
I just wish this was three years ago.....
cowcatcher
7/28/09 8:12:55PM
if this is true i sure hope the boner police arent going to be stopping by my house
Mayhem13
7/28/09 8:26:01PM

Posted by soundboy1

Why?

Then we couldn't see Fedor vs Lesnar, Fedor vs Carwin, Fedor vs Valesquez...

He woulda fought Sylvia and Arlovski again.

Damn...some people are never satisfied. Fedor in the UFC is Fedor in the UFC, I don't care when it is
kopower
7/28/09 8:49:18PM
Not getting my hopes up either. I am waiting to hear it directly from Dana's mouth. Then I will be a dancing banana!
loller90278
7/28/09 9:04:18PM
if this deal actually does fall through, i'd like to see fedor-couture first, and then fedor-brock later.

Mayhem13
7/28/09 9:12:52PM

Posted by loller90278

if this deal actually does fall through, i'd like to see fedor-couture first, and then fedor-brock later.

I think I would to. I just would be scared Brocl would lose his next figh, and that the Lesnar Fedor fight may not happen then.
joshryanshepherd
7/28/09 9:12:52PM
ANNNNDDD, my new most anticipated fight!!!
JimiMak
7/28/09 9:31:36PM
believe it when i see it
telnights
7/28/09 11:08:27PM
Stuff like this came up last time around. I'm not holding my breath. Till Dana and Fedor come out saying the have made a deal I'm not going to buy in to it.
mrsmiley
7/29/09 7:40:37AM
Until I see a picture of Fedor and Dana White shaking hands,or hear it from Dana himself,I'm skeptical.
soundboy1
7/31/09 4:55:22AM

Posted by Mayhem13

Posted by soundboy1

Why?

Then we couldn't see Fedor vs Lesnar, Fedor vs Carwin, Fedor vs Valesquez...

He woulda fought Sylvia and Arlovski again.

Damn...some people are never satisfied. Fedor in the UFC is Fedor in the UFC, I don't care when it is

Well I agree wit h that but my thought was that Fedor will probably lose soon. I am a huge Fedor fan and I really think Brock would dominate him....So my comment should have been I wish this was the Fedor of 3 years ago...