Fedor Emelianenko To Fight Bobby Lashley In 2012

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor Emelianenko To Fight Bobby Lashley In 2012
FastKnockout
1/23/12 4:01:49PM
Bobby Lashley may not have gotten a fair shake from the MMA community. He entered the fight game after a career in the WWE and was viewed by almost everyone as a 'poor man's Brock Lesnar'. It's how the WWE fans viewed him when he made his wrestling debut and it's how MMA viewed him as well. During his time in Strikeforce, he was criticized for taking easy fights, with most viewing him as an expensive can-crusher. He'd deflect this accusations by saying that he is new to the business and taking his time to develop. He'd then add that if people had a problem with how he's handling his career, he'd like to fight Fedor instead. Well, it looks like Bobby Lashley will get his wish.

LINK
prophecy033
1/23/12 4:10:14PM
This fight will be a little tougher for Fedor but I don't see Lashley being able to take too many punches. Since Deforestation TDD is pretty good I see Fedor winning by tko
Wallass
1/23/12 4:11:12PM
I'll believe it when I see the two in the cage and the referee starts the fight. This is no exaggeration, for every fight that Bobby Lasley has had, his opponent has changed at least twice prior to each fight. That being said Lashley will probably face Tim Hague on this show.
kingsmasher
1/23/12 4:14:08PM
Tough call both these guys are average...
kopower
1/23/12 4:19:37PM
Finally, a real test for Fedor after his Strikeforce run
Poor_Franklin
1/23/12 4:21:15PM

Posted by kingsmasher

BuffaloDave
1/23/12 4:30:03PM

Posted by Wallass

I'll believe it when I see the two in the cage and the referee starts the fight. This is no exaggeration, for every fight that Bobby Lasley has had, his opponent has changed at least twice prior to each fight. That being said Lashley will probably face Tim Hague on this show.

Is Hague gonna be the 1st change or 2nd?
Poor_Franklin
1/23/12 4:47:16PM

Posted by Wallass

was it Lashley's last fight that he had 4-5 opponents named within a month? or am i confusing this scenario w/ someone else?
ghandikush
1/23/12 4:54:11PM
I could see a stern test for Fedor in the first round but I doubt Lashley with have the lungs after.
Bubbles
1/23/12 7:55:32PM

Posted by kingsmasher

just shut up already, enough with the Fedor bashing
tallica62
1/23/12 8:55:18PM
hmm...step down again in competition for Fedor...just a big name, but not big talent...Fedor TKO no question
Twenty20Dollars
1/23/12 9:09:11PM
I doubt this fight happens. I think Lashley will be the one to bow out with an injury or something.

I also kinda thought Lashley was done fighting.
KungFuMaster
1/23/12 9:39:36PM
Lashley's best chance is to take it to the ground but my prediction is Lashley will get tko-ed or submitted.

jae_1833
1/24/12 12:06:40AM
Odd...I thought Fedor was trying to step up in competition after beating Monson.....I was hoping for like.....well anyone really. Damn!
airkerma
1/24/12 9:35:39AM
Lashley 2015 UFC HW champ. You heard it here first
Travesty145
1/24/12 2:20:28PM
i think i speak for everyone when i say we have had enough of this fedor fighting bums bullshit. its getting so old
ghandikush
1/24/12 3:22:54PM

Posted by Travesty145

i think i speak for everyone when i say we have had enough of this fedor fighting bums bullshit. its getting so old

What bums lately? The j a p was a bum but Monson is a legit test afer a 3 fight skid one of which being a way small 205er.
Pookie
1/24/12 8:59:22PM
Lashley folds when he gets hit.
Travesty145
1/27/12 3:37:39AM
monson is such a lazy slouch. hes good but he doesnt fight like he wants it
Kpro
1/27/12 3:52:17AM

Posted by Travesty145

monson is such a lazy slouch. hes good but he doesnt fight like he wants it

who are your favorite fighters?