Fedor Emelianenko vs Andrei Arlovski Confirmed

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor Emelianenko vs Andrei Arlovski Confirmed
Next Page »
kastro_316
7/23/08 1:49:48PM
DreamFighters.com

Fedor Emelianenko has just recently made public his next fight with Affliction. Affliction, has yet to confirm, nor the other fighting party, but this comes from the mouth of Fedor Emelianenko.

DCRage
7/23/08 1:52:52PM
Fedor could be sending a message to UFC: Throw your former best at me and I will destroy them. First TIMMAY!!, next could be AA, then maybe Couture?
emfleek
7/23/08 1:56:35PM

Posted by DCRage

Fedor could be sending a message to UFC: Throw your former best at me and I will destroy them. First TIMMAY!!, next could be AA, then maybe Couture?

Fedor has yet to experience the wrath of...

THE WEEMS
wrona666
7/23/08 2:06:17PM
Now this will be awesome....I just hope AA will last longer then TIMMY!!!!!
mrsmiley
7/23/08 2:06:43PM
My heart just skipped a beat.

AA VS Fedor = Freaking amazing!
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/23/08 2:11:18PM
sweet fight, im pumped for that one.
TWITA
7/23/08 2:12:40PM
Are we sure this is Amazing? Look at how AA fights when he's going up against really good strikers - tentative. Fedor will KO him in Round 1
nickcuc547
7/23/08 2:12:53PM
awesome, but i don't think the outcome will be any different, fedor by embarrasment.
Manak
7/23/08 2:15:23PM
so fedor will fight AA in oct then cro cop in dec then barnett in march, wow finally the HW div is back
Twenty20Dollars
7/23/08 2:16:54PM
Well even if fedor wins which i will be rooting for AA and think he will win.

This fight will be better and last longer than the fedor vs timmy fight. So get excited.
cmill21
7/23/08 2:17:34PM

Posted by Manak

so fedor will fight AA in oct then cro cop in dec then barnett in march, wow finally the HW div is back

This may or may not be true ....

Edit: This should be a great fight, AA has good Sambo and great hands, we'll see if he can get into a rythm and maybe beat Fedor. I can't wait to see more of Fedor's stand up, he's incredible.
saemskin
7/23/08 2:24:08PM
I like this. I have been down on AA for a long time now because his fights have been weak and uninspiring. But that fight with Rothwell showed me the AA of old. Ready to bang and all over his opponent. I thought to myself after watching those fights that AA has a style very similar to Fedor and that I think they should fight. Imagine that...

I don't think he can win, but I really do think he can give Fedor a run for his money, at least for longer than Timmay did.
loonytnt
7/23/08 2:25:12PM
this fight will be great, AA has chance just like anyone, just think what AA is going to make for this fight..wow
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/23/08 2:40:27PM

Posted by TWITA

Are we sure this is Amazing? Look at how AA fights when he's going up against really good strikers - tentative. Fedor will KO him in Round 1

oh Fedor will KO him without a doubt... still gonna be more entertaining than vs timmey you can count on that
Manak
7/23/08 2:40:54PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Manak

This may or may not be true ....

Edit: This should be a great fight, AA has good Sambo and great hands, we'll see if he can get into a rythm and maybe beat Fedor. I can't wait to see more of Fedor's stand up, he's incredible.

yea fedor shouldnt look past AA but that article pretty much has it assumed he wins but those match-ups r ones id like to see win or lose, i think AA has the ability to pull it off just needs to use is his full arsenal
ncordless
7/23/08 2:58:41PM
At first glance, I think this is the right way to go and an interesting matchup.
Besides Randy, Arlovski is the most marketable matchup for Fedor. Arlovski is a little bit bigger than Fedor, and that could be an issue given that AA is a quicker athlete than most of Fedor's comp. They both have a sambo background, but the difference between their accomplishments in the sport are like those between Jason Miller and Jacare. AA might have the skills to stay safe on the ground, but he's playin with fire as long as he stays down there.

If it stays standing who knows? AA has quick hands. Enough to hang with Fedor? We will see, I hope.
wolfman
7/23/08 3:00:17PM

Posted by ncordless

At first glance, I think this is the right way to go and an interesting matchup.
Besides Randy, Arlovski is the most marketable matchup for Fedor. Arlovski is a little bit bigger than Fedor, and that could be an issue given that AA is a quicker athlete than most of Fedor's comp. They both have a sambo background, but the difference between their accomplishments in the sport are like those between Jason Miller and Jacare. AA might have the skills to stay safe on the ground, but he's playin with fire as long as he stays down there.

If it stays standing who knows? AA has quick hands. Enough to hang with Fedor? We will see, I hope.

Well said, this definitely makes for a very interesting fight!
gsquat
7/23/08 3:07:20PM
Wow. I know I'll be routing for AA, but fully expecting Fedor to win. Incredible fight.
KYGUY07
7/23/08 3:16:46PM
ive wanted to see this fight for a really long time, I think fedor will destroy him but I think Arlovski will last longer than sylvia did.
CCPRIDE99
7/23/08 3:31:53PM

Posted by saemskin

I like this. I have been down on AA for a long time now because his fights have been weak and uninspiring. But that fight with Rothwell showed me the AA of old. Ready to bang and all over his opponent. I thought to myself after watching those fights that AA has a style very similar to Fedor and that I think they should fight. Imagine that...

I don't think he can win, but I really do think he can give Fedor a run for his money, at least for longer than Timmay did.

it may be that arlovski had already beaten rothwell once before maybe he he just felt like it was gonna be an easy fight and he was comfortable since it was just a rematch
who knows though..
Gipper
7/23/08 4:31:46PM
arlovski will be fedor's biggest test. this fight will be amazing.
coldchillin
7/23/08 4:39:22PM
Josh Barnett deserves the next shot against Fedor.
SpiderSilva
7/23/08 4:59:28PM
I was thinking Courtue should have got the next shot anyway I will never turn my back on Fedor again like the last fight I will say AA has the power to KO Fedor but he must first last through that first Fedor explosion I mean he does it a lot comes out strong but I can see AA avoiding most of it but he might stay and bang which could be a bad thing

ehh if its true GREAT
nastshabast
7/23/08 5:19:25PM

Posted by coldchillin

Josh Barnett deserves the next shot against Fedor.

whardin19
7/23/08 5:29:32PM
Great new for all MMA fans here. I didn't get the first Affliction show. But, if this is true and there going to be fighting next. I will be getting the card. I am a little dissapointed though. I thought Fedor would get Barnett first. Which in my opinion I think Barnett has a better chance at beating Fedor. Even though I like Arlovski better.
Aaronno9
7/23/08 5:29:34PM
I think Fedors going to k.o Andrei in the first unfortunately. Ill be rooting for the pittbull though, be nice if the HW division could be more than a one man division for a change.
RMFG_187
7/23/08 5:41:06PM
Fedor

Round 1 TKO from mount.
pv3Hpv3p
7/23/08 5:48:52PM

Posted by TWITA

Yes, Fedor fighting top ten competition = amazing... It's what a huge amount of hardcore fans have been begging for for the past 2+ years... Why wouldn't you be happy with this fight? Rothwell is an aggressive striker, and we all saw what happened to him (gotta give it to Rothwell though, that dude is TOUGH)

What is it that you want? What would be amazing then? Seeing him fight a 7 foot tall K-1 level striker(twice)? Done that... maybe a HW with an uncomparable ground game? Been there, 3 times (well 2 times I guess)...
It just seems like someone can always find something to be unhappy about
Bowen50
7/23/08 5:52:00PM
i'm very excited for this fight. this has the makings to be an all out war but i think Fedor will end up dominating. Arlovski will last longer than Tim. i say Fedor 2nd round sub.
SmileR
7/23/08 5:52:20PM
**** YEAH!!!! Andrei first round KO!!! Fedor has been dodging him for far too long!

But seriously if anyone was going to stop him its AA! Andrei has great Sambo which is easily good enough to nullify Fedors advantage on the ground. He has one of the most under rated sprawls in the business. Only a few top level grapplers have got him don and kept him there. I would give the advantage to Andrei standing and thats where i see the majority of this fight happening.

No matter what way you look at this, its one hell of a test for both fighters!!

WAR AA!!!!
Pages: [1] 2