Fedor to make debut soon

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor to make debut soon
fedorwins1
7/9/07 7:51:49PM
The champ is coming

Pride heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko has been rumored to be entering the UFC for a quite a few months now. White confirmed that Emelianenko's debut is imminent.

"We are planning to have Fedor fighting in the UFC at the end of 2007 or early 2008," White said

LINK

You have to scroll down alittle bit to see this part.
ultimateweapon
7/9/07 9:02:39PM
Man I can't wait to see fedor whoop some ass in the UFC.
hippysmacker
7/9/07 9:37:17PM
HUGE news. I wish the postfight press conference was available in it's entirety to all of us.
beachbum7568
7/9/07 9:43:56PM
Thats a minimun 5 months from now. I cant wait that long for his next fight!!!
KingKash
7/9/07 9:54:50PM
I wonder who Fedor's first opponent will be? I am going to say that it might be Arlofski(sp?)
KillaMed87
7/9/07 10:08:38PM
Yea i agree, i think it would be Arlovski...it would be a good fight for him to start off with.
StorminYourman
7/9/07 10:15:14PM
He should get an immediate title shot.I mean for ****'s sake he is Fedor!
kerazzle
7/9/07 10:40:40PM
it will be an immediate title shot for sure. He is the Pride Heavyweight champion. They give hendo an instant shot at rampage....
kopower
7/10/07 12:46:16AM
If Arlovski was his first fight it would be a first round ko. Arlovski has a weak chin and Fedor would drop him quick. If Sylvia ko'd him think of what Fedor would do. I agree that Fedor would get an instant title shot. Everyone knows he's the best heavyweight in the biz.
Gladiator
7/10/07 12:46:39AM

Posted by kerazzle

it will be an immediate title shot for sure. He is the Pride Heavyweight champion. They give hendo an instant shot at rampage....

ya he definitely deserves the same as hendo, but i would like to see him fight sylvia, arlovski, or vera too.
akumairon
7/10/07 12:54:03AM
yes!!!!!!!! best news heard all day
k_lup07
7/10/07 1:23:43AM
thats sick, but somoneone mentioned vera, is he back? if so that would be more great news
Jujiden
7/10/07 2:03:40AM
I sincerely do hope that Fedor wins his first fight. MMA is a sport of upsets and I would hate to see that happen to Fedor. However, even if he did get beat fair and square (no cuts stoppage), then there would be hell to pay for anyone who fought him afterwards. Then not only would you have an extremely skilled Fedor to deal with, but also an extremely ticked-off, angry, bad intentions behind his fists Fedor, and that wouldn't be pretty.

Now if he hospitalized a notable (Arlovski, Couture, Gonzaga) first time out, that would be something to see.

On the Vera note, MMANEWS.COM has an interview with Vera.

If the UFC gets Barnett, Vera, and Fedor, OOOOOH SNAP! That will be the best weight division outside of the Welterwieght Div.
TOMMYAYO05
7/10/07 3:01:04AM
I hope its Andrei so he will be forced to have a good showing or die!!but maybe the old andrei(superman will come back)and that one would have a chance.
creativedestruction
7/10/07 4:12:16AM
This isnt news. Dana has been saying the same thing for months. Fedor's inactivity and lack of quality opponents should drop him in the rankings soon.
LR
7/10/07 9:30:11AM
How is this different than the other news Dana White has said about Fedor? The same crap over and over again about how they expect to have him by the end of the year, now it's end of year or early next year, or blah blah blah.

If they have an agreement, why doesn't he just confirm a damn agreement and say he is coming to the UFC instead of tiptoeing around it and making vague hints of when he is coming.

Anyhow, having a discussion as to who he will fight is ridiculous. Fedor is considered the greatest MMA fighter of all time by most critics, fans, etc. So it is only natural he will instantly be thrown into a title shot. It'd be a slap in the face to Fedor if he wasn't.
mrsmiley
7/10/07 7:26:19PM
Not only does Fedor deserve an entry match title shot,but it would just be plain bad business not to give it to him.What if they gave Fedor two or three warm up fights and the same fate fell upon him that did Crocop?It would take the wind out the sails when it came to advertisement.The UFC needs to make damn sure the hype Fedor as the real deal if he does fight in the octagon.Hype his record,start showing his Pride fights and try to cash in on this opprotunity.The fight world is wating.
TOMMYAYO05
7/11/07 3:01:45AM

This isnt news. Dana has been saying the same thing for months. Fedor's inactivity and lack of quality opponents should drop him in the rankings soon.