Fedor....The UFC Champ Killer

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor....The UFC Champ Killer
crushedbacon
1/26/09 8:26:22PM
Just some opinions and some insight from the MMA world on this living legend........

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=vsBTc_nl_84
burialchamber
1/26/09 11:15:51PM
cool
mentalcase
1/27/09 12:22:31AM
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Affliction Clothing

they must have removed it
MMAcca
1/27/09 1:04:22AM
He's 7-0 against former UFC champs now isn't he
PolishPride
1/27/09 2:15:50AM
So far he is. I would like to see a rematch with AA and given the depth of Afflictions HW pool that could happen soon. Hope this means that Fedor will be fighting top competition for every fight now.
loonytnt
1/27/09 10:43:33AM
lets have fedor come to the cage and see what happens
cmill21
1/27/09 1:14:52PM

Posted by loonytnt

Why would that change anything other then the fact he would fight lower level HW's?
Boo_Radley21
1/27/09 2:01:37PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by loonytnt

Why would that change anything other then the fact he would fight lower level HW's?

So Randy can crack him with a few elbows. In the clinch and against the fence.
jiujitsufreak74
1/27/09 3:11:22PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by loonytnt

not that i think it would matter, but maybe the cage would play somewhat of a factor. it would just be interesting to see how he would strategize against someone like Lesnar who is a different type of giant than the ones he has face...and i know i am gonna get flamed for this...but even how he would do against Frank Mir. i would pick him against both of those fighters but i would love to see what his actual game plan would be.
cmill21
1/27/09 3:49:42PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by cmill21

Posted by loonytnt

So Randy can crack him with a few elbows. In the clinch and against the fence.

Or so he could get on top of Randy and we could see Fedor's GnP with elbows? Problem with Randy is his clinch game is at best even with Fedor's and then on top of that Fedor has incredible balance. Brock would be interesting due to his size but being on top of Fedor isn't a safe place to be. Mir is the only fight I acctually want to see, I think Mir could give him a decent run. Still think Fedor would Ko him in round one but it would at least give the people one more fight to say Fedor got lucky in. I also don't think a cage would make a difference for Fedor, he's not really the kind of fighter who's style is all about the ring like Cro Cop is, and if he had you pinned against the cage that would be brutal to watch.
Wolfenstein
1/27/09 4:13:51PM
Stylistically I think Mir and Lesnar are good matchups for Fedor, and I really couldn't see either lasting past the first round.

Lesnar vs Fedor would probably look a lot like Coleman vs Fedor. It's possible Brock could press him against he fence and try and keep him pinned there--negate him from being able to move his hips and hammerfist away. It seems to me that one of the most difficult things for wrestlers, or anyone who is relatively green in regards to submissions--they have a really hard time defending leg locks. Not that Fedor has a ton of leg lock submissions on his resume (I don't think he actually has any) but he is a sambo practitioner so you have to think he would be pretty solid at applying them.

As for Mir...he would just be stuck in the position where he can't take Fedor down, and he can't last long in the standup. That said, Mir seems to have an innate ability to break down film on a fighter, and there's a lot of film to study on Fedor. Maybe he could find a hole in his game, but I doubt he could expose it.

Gabriel Gonzaga might be able to challenge him, but again Gabe's strength is probably his top game, and he would be hard pressed to get the fight where he needs to. Maybe a few LHW's could move up for a one-shot fight as most LHW's walk around at Fedor's weight. I would probably pay $100 for a PPV with Anderson Silva vs Fedor. Too awesome to imagine...my brain is shutting down just thinking of the possibility...
soundboy1
1/27/09 4:35:13PM

Posted by loonytnt

lets have fedor come to the cage and see what happens [/QUOT

The cage would nly benefit Fedor's game and he has talked about he trains with the reddevil team in a cage. So it probably wouldn't be a factor.
As far as Randy goes.......Come on are you serious? THey are at the very least equal in talent. So a 32 year old against a 45 year old??? I don't even think Randy would be able(or want) to take him down. I really doubt those elbows would ever get used.....
I feel Brock is the only fighter right now who even presents a challenge to Fedor. Barnett is over the hill, and Mir can't stand with Fedor.
cmill21
1/27/09 5:11:01PM

Posted by soundboy1

The cage would nly benefit Fedor's game and he has talked about he trains with the reddevil team in a cage. So it probably wouldn't be a factor.
As far as Randy goes.......Come on are you serious? THey are at the very least equal in talent. So a 32 year old against a 45 year old??? I don't even think Randy would be able(or want) to take him down. I really doubt those elbows would ever get used.....
I feel Brock is the only fighter right now who even presents a challenge to Fedor. Barnett is over the hill, and Mir can't stand with Fedor.

Barnetts over the hill eh? Just curious as to why? He's what 32? Don't let the Yvel fight fool you, he's a damn tough guy and he defended the kimura's really well.
soundboy1
1/27/09 10:48:41PM
I just feel he's been really unimpressive in his last two fights. I think Fedor will demolish him in the first round.
JimiMak
1/27/09 11:14:04PM
Funny vid, I've seen it... I love Georges trying to say his name etc. I still think p4p Anderson is better. But who cares cuz even if they fought it wouldn't show anyting except on the one in a million shot AS ko's him and sets the p4p imaginitive universe straight w/ the real world....
StriderXero
1/28/09 3:31:56PM
The difference between the cage and the ring for Fedor is..............it'll be harder for his opponent to flee the fight while in the cage.
roadking95th
1/28/09 11:59:31PM
Has he ever fought someone who vacated the title? I mean, like soon after they vacated it. Obvisously Barnett wouldn't count when they fight soon.