Fedor cancels upcoming press tour to prepare for Arlovski

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor cancels upcoming press tour to prepare for Arlovski
MMAcca
11/28/08 1:07:04PM
WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko announced Friday through a press release issued by M-1 Global that he has canceled a planned press tour in order to begin his training camp for his upcoming fight on Jan. 24 at Affliction’s “Day of Reckoning” vs. former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski.

Emelianenko, 28-1, had been scheduled to make stops in New York, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles in early December during a trip designed to help promote the Jan. 24 pay-per-view event that is scheduled to emanate from the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

LINK
Jim_Dangle
11/28/08 1:38:58PM
Bad news for Arlovski.
The-Don
11/28/08 1:42:14PM

Posted by Jim_Dangle

Bad news for Arlovski.

Yes could be.. though it shows Fedor is taking this fight Seriously and that he does have great respect for AA. Though if Fedor is going to be training hard.. yea It is more then likely bad news for Arlovski... War to Both fighters on this one and War to the fans!!!
Wolfenstein
11/28/08 2:14:36PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Arlovski is finished within the first round. He has shown a bit of a suspect chin in the past and has been TKO/KO'd in 4 out of his five losses.

Arlovski has one way to win, and it's by sticking and moving. Which is a really tall task, since Fedor trains to explode in quick bursts, and closes the distance lightning-quick. I think he'll get on the inside early and smash Arlovski into a heap.
mikevolz
11/28/08 2:41:56PM
i say fedor by round 1 submission.
crushedbacon
11/28/08 2:50:32PM
Fedor will illustrate once again the tremendous gap between him and everyone else on this planet.
miphi1991
11/28/08 3:32:21PM
lmao truth
higdon10
11/28/08 3:34:30PM
Fedor is gonna boss AA.
MMAcca
11/28/08 4:21:21PM

Posted by crushedbacon

Fedor will illustrate once again the tremendous gap between him and everyone else on this planet.

Because he lives in Russia ?

crushedbacon
11/28/08 4:38:22PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by crushedbacon

Because he lives in Russia ?

LoL...Exactly.

cmill21
11/28/08 5:12:07PM
Good, Fedor needs to be in top form to beat AA.
SmileR
11/28/08 5:46:17PM

Posted by cmill21

Couldn't agree more. I know I hug Arlovski's nuts and people often disregard what I say about him as blind, sensual love for the man but Arlovski is Fedors biggest and toughest test since Nog.

If you look at it from a objective point of view Arlovski has the skills that will worry Fedor. He has a awesome Sambo background winning silver in both the world sambo cup and the world sambo championship. I'd say he as of right now is the most dangerous HW striker fighting (What Freddie Roach and Mike Garcia have achieved with him is amazing but for a different forum).
He has great Judo and amazing cardio.
In short he has the background to worry Fedor, he is right now like CroCop when he was KO'ing people for fun but with a good ground game. Arlovski has devastating hands and in his last few fights even I was shocked at how much his accuracy has improved. He judged distance well and was always moving. Fedor will have to work hard to catch him. No one can argue that he's ever lacked power and all this should seriously worry him.

All that being said Fedor is still Fedor!! The man is as close to the terminator as humanly possible. I think he is rightly P4P the best fighter on the planet and is with out doubt the best HW... Until Andrei takes it!

This is one hell of a fight for Arlovski and I can't wait. The fact that he's canceling things to train shows a level of respect for Arlovski that he hasn't shown for his last few fights. People are brushing Arlovski off like he doesn't stand a chance and this is wrong.

I seriously believe Andrei can and will win... But that might just be me having a slightly biased view.
soundboy1
11/28/08 7:25:57PM
Three years ago this would have been a dream fight for me....... I feel like Fedor is going to use this to explode into the world conciousness....
Manfred
11/29/08 1:27:35AM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by cmill21

Couldn't agree more. I know I hug Arlovski's nuts and people often disregard what I say about him as blind, sensual love for the man but Arlovski is Fedors biggest and toughest test since Nog.

If you look at it from a objective point of view Arlovski has the skills that will worry Fedor. He has a awesome Sambo background winning silver in both the world sambo cup and the world sambo championship. I'd say he as of right now is the most dangerous HW striker fighting (What Freddie Roach and Mike Garcia have achieved with him is amazing but for a different forum).
He has great Judo and amazing cardio.
In short he has the background to worry Fedor, he is right now like CroCop when he was KO'ing people for fun but with a good ground game. Arlovski has devastating hands and in his last few fights even I was shocked at how much his accuracy has improved. He judged distance well and was always moving. Fedor will have to work hard to catch him. No one can argue that he's ever lacked power and all this should seriously worry him.

All that being said Fedor is still Fedor!! The man is as close to the terminator as humanly possible. I think he is rightly P4P the best fighter on the planet and is with out doubt the best HW... Until Andrei takes it!

This is one hell of a fight for Arlovski and I can't wait. The fact that he's canceling things to train shows a level of respect for Arlovski that he hasn't shown for his last few fights. People are brushing Arlovski off like he doesn't stand a chance and this is wrong.

I seriously believe Andrei can and will win... But that might just be me having a slightly biased view.

I agree with a lot of your points, only Fedor is better on the ground and AA's chin is suspect.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/29/08 2:04:25AM
I'll be happy to see #1 Fedor fight somebody worth watching #2 AA getting a chance to "stick it" to the UFC
cmill21
11/29/08 2:40:55AM

Posted by Manfred

I agree with a lot of your points, only Fedor is better on the ground and AA's chin is suspect.

Much better IMO. I would also pick Fedor standing. AA is definetly a huge challenge, but Fedor will and should be the favorite.
EvenFlow
11/29/08 2:57:43AM
I dont think Arlovski's chin is suspect, however Fedor has the capability to knock him out. Fedor shouldnt stand with Arlovski for too long, why risk getting caught when he's so much better on the groud. Cant wait for this one, I'm giving Arlovski a good chance in this.
Manfred
11/29/08 5:03:39AM

Posted by EvenFlow

I dont think Arlovski's chin is suspect, however Fedor has the capability to knock him out. Fedor shouldnt stand with Arlovski for too long, why risk getting caught when he's so much better on the groud. Cant wait for this one, I'm giving Arlovski a good chance in this.

I think he should more be worried about breaking his hand again. I seriously doubt that AA could catch him. Anything is possible, but Hunt, Schilt and CC are all better standing than AA, IMO.