Fedor v Brett Rogers????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor v Brett Rogers????
sclasclemski
7/22/09 1:45:08PM
I just posted about this in another thread but I thought it to be interesting enough to gets its own...
I think this is more compelling then Vitor Belfort and Fedor has about just as much to lose as he would in the other fight...but what a boost for Rogers it would be if he could survive with let alone beat Fedor....thoughts???
joshryanshepherd
7/22/09 1:58:20PM
well i just remembered that Tito wants a "Super Fight" with Fedor, and if Tom offered Ortiz lets say 3 million he might take the fight on short notice.

Now that would save Affliction!
Irish_Pride
7/22/09 2:05:12PM
It would be more interesting than Fedor vs Belfort. I honestly don't think Rogers stands a chance, he isn't ready for Fedor but it would be fun just to see him go in there and see how he does against the best HW in the world.

well i just remembered that Tito wants a "Super Fight" with Fedor, and if Tom offered Ortiz lets say 3 million he might take the fight on short notice.

Now, that would be interesting. I would love to see Tito fight Fedor. Tito stands no chance standing up with Fedor, but on the ground he does stand a chance. His ground and pound is very impressive. Probably, Fedor would still come out with the victory but with those 2 big name fighters, they would bring alot of attraction to Affliction.
Twenty20Dollars
7/22/09 2:22:21PM
Well I'd rather see Vitor vs fedor. We know vitor has been training do we know if rogers has or tito has?

Plus I thought tito was patching things up with the UFC. Plus it would prolly cost too much money for affliction to pay tito on short notice, nor do I think he would take the fight on 11 days notice.
Rush
7/22/09 2:22:26PM
You'e gotta be kidding me. Tito standing a chance on the ground with Fedor? Fedor will have his way with Tito everywhere... land, sea and air.

Regarding Vitor vs. Fedor. I don't think it'll happen because I don't see how the fight could get sanctioned in the US unless Fedor could cut down to a catch weight of just over 200lbs, which I don't see happening.
mrsmiley
7/22/09 2:29:46PM

Posted by Rush

You'e gotta be kidding me. Tito standing a chance on the ground with Fedor? Fedor will have his way with Tito everywhere... land, sea and air.

Regarding Vitor vs. Fedor. I don't think it'll happen because I don't see how the fight could get sanctioned in the US unless Fedor could cut down to a catch weight of just over 200lbs, which I don't see happening.

I was wondering about this myself.
Either Vitor has to bulk up in a week,or Fedor has to come down.
To me,Either of them don't seem likely.
Nightmare27
7/22/09 2:34:58PM
I really hope that it doesnt get sanctioned. Fedor needs to fight a legit HW. Vitor is the man but he would get tossed around like a ragdoll.
Twenty20Dollars
7/22/09 2:48:42PM
Also I think Rogers might step in for Overeem against Werdum.
skitzo
7/22/09 3:03:41PM
I'd like to see Fedor vs. Brett Rogers just for the pure entertainment value. I'd be shocked if Rogers made it out of the first round. If this fight did happen, I'd say Fedor by whatever he wants..
cowcatcher
7/22/09 3:05:39PM
i think vitors ok, as long as hes 206 sanctioning shouldnt be an issue. i do like the idea of tito fighting him for afflictions sake, this is a major blow to them. as far as rogers or werdum is concerned, i think twenty20dollars has that right and thats why neither of them is stepping in. in the end this really sucks, no more affliction, dont get to see barney and fedor, and fedor is in a no win situation now.
Rush
7/22/09 3:19:47PM

Posted by cowcatcher

i think vitors ok, as long as hes 206 sanctioning shouldnt be an issue. i do like the idea of tito fighting him for afflictions sake, this is a major blow to them. as far as rogers or werdum is concerned, i think twenty20dollars has that right and thats why neither of them is stepping in. in the end this really sucks, no more affliction, dont get to see barney and fedor, and fedor is in a no win situation now.

Why would he be 206 just over a week before he is supposed to fight at 185? If it was 2 months before the event, I wouldn't think of it, but it's so short it seems unlikely. Not only that, Fedor would have to drop a good 20+ pounds in 10 days. I don't see it happening.

Besides has there been further news that confirms Barnett is out or are we still relying on Sherdog's unnamed sources?
KNIGHT
7/22/09 3:21:21PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Also I think Rogers might step in for Overeem against Werdum.

i think it would be the smart thing for strikeforce to do. why let affliction take away one of your stars when strikeforce has a show coming up.
cowcatcher
7/22/09 3:35:28PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by cowcatcher

Why would he be 206 just over a week before he is supposed to fight at 185? If it was 2 months before the event, I wouldn't think of it, but it's so short it seems unlikely. Not only that, Fedor would have to drop a good 20+ pounds in 10 days. I don't see it happening.

Besides has there been further news that confirms Barnett is out or are we still relying on Sherdog's unnamed sources?

well 10 days before the fight im guessing he was 195 at the lowest, and thats the absolute lowest. with 10 days left and no more worries about a weight cut i could easily see him getting up to 206 from wherever he is now while still doing his regular training.
postman
7/22/09 3:43:14PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by cowcatcher

MMAJunkie Posted it at noon today that the fight is off and Belfort is in negotiations.

THe junkie
cowcatcher
7/22/09 4:07:38PM
the junkie article says vitor is at about 205 right now according to shawn tompkins so there you have it, 206 is easy to get to.
Kpro
7/22/09 4:30:19PM

Posted by Rush

Why would he be 206 just over a week before he is supposed to fight at 185? If it was 2 months before the event, I wouldn't think of it, but it's so short it seems unlikely. Not only that, Fedor would have to drop a good 20+ pounds in 10 days

If Vitor weights 206 then he's in the 206-265 threshold and Fedor can weigh whatever he wants. Fedor doesn't have to cut, 206 is HW.
Rush
7/22/09 6:06:13PM
I just don't think he'll (Vitor) do it if he's on track to make 185. Unhealthy weight gain is just as detrimental as unhealthy (fast) weight loss.
Rush
7/22/09 6:08:09PM

Posted by cowcatcher

the junkie article says vitor is at about 205 right now according to shawn tompkins so there you have it, 206 is easy to get to.

Well, I don't buy it, but I wouldn't expect them to say anything else if they want the fight.
cowcatcher
7/22/09 6:31:50PM
im thinking you havent had to cut before but i can tell you firsthand that its about a 48 hour process. leading up to the fight youre training and eating right as to keep your weight close enough to make the cut, and in the last couple of days you start to take the water out, its not a long process at all.
Rush
7/22/09 7:17:20PM
From what I understand about a healthy weight cut is that typically these guys walk around 15-20 lbs heavier than what they weigh in as. starting 4-6 weeks prior to the fight they ramp up their regime and start shedding 1-2 lbs a week, leaving around 5-8 to lose by dehydration the day before. I was dropping about 1-2 lbs a week in the last month or so before running a marathon. I can say that I found it hard to lose more and be healthy. Gaining it back occured at roughly the same rate after my race.

If Vitor weighs around 205 right now, I don't see how he can safely lose 20 lbs in 10 days for his scheduled bout at MW with Jorge. 20lbs would be a 10% drop which is in the range of where you pass out and get cyanosis.
Twenty20Dollars
7/22/09 8:08:34PM
Werdum and Rogers have been ruled out to step in an face fedor.

On mmajunkie, tom said he talks to 3 people to be the replacement.