Fedor vs Barnett. Who do u think takes it?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor vs Barnett. Who do u think takes it?
Next Page »
hippysmacker
1/29/07 2:00:34AM
I've been reading a lot of people's opinions on various MMA sites, and it seems a lot of people seem to think Barnett will beat Fedor. Barnett's great(top 5 HVY IMO) , but this kind of shocked me. Anybody can beat anybody on a given day( puncher's chance, injury, cut etc) , but I think if they fought 100 times Barnett would win 5- 8 at best, and most of them by the exceptions listed above.
aceprone
1/29/07 2:12:49AM
I can see Barnett going to decision, but I can only think of fedor being the most dominate. I would say Fedor by Decision. But Barnett out of all the heavyweights in the World could really last against Fedor. Besides that, there isn't many others who can hang who fedor hasn't fought already.
Hwarang
1/29/07 6:22:19AM
Fedor will win either be sub or gnp
punisherind
1/29/07 8:45:48AM
id have to give noguiera more of a chance than barrnet. i know fedor has already beaten noguiera twice, but both times were by decision. noguiera is the one fighter that fedor did not dominate (and had three opportunities to do so. once was a NC and two decision victories). that being said, i also think CC and barnett would give fedor a challenge, but not as much as noguiera.
nate22
1/29/07 8:55:59AM
Fedor but truth be told Barnett is the best fight out there at the moment for Fedor in Pride at least.

Barnett's got the best chance, but he doesn't want Fedor and who blames him
madmarck
1/29/07 9:26:32AM
using MMAth Its Fedor. Josh lost to Mirko and Nog and fedor beat obth of them so. but we all know mmath doesnt work. That being said Fedor is a beast and has better striking than Josh. I only think Josh would have a advantage wrestling which fedor could over come.
Fedor by Descision. But a hard fought one.
RedScorpion
1/29/07 11:54:45AM
Fedor by tko...
BloodandTears
1/29/07 12:36:17PM

Posted by madmarck

using MMAth Its Fedor. Josh lost to Mirko and Nog and fedor beat obth of them so. but we all know mmath doesnt work. That being said Fedor is a beast and has better striking than Josh. I only think Josh would have a advantage wrestling which fedor could over come.

Mmath :) thats good, I havent heard that before You are right its the classic circle of fighting styles ie Ali/ Foreman/ Frasier. Anyway I think Hippie is right, 8X out of 100 for Barnett to win Fedor IMO
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Infused
1/29/07 12:39:27PM

Posted by BloodandTears

Posted by madmarck

Mmath :) thats good, I havent heard that before You are right its the classic circle of fighting styles ie Ali/ Foreman/ Frasier. Anyway I think Hippie is right, 8X out of 100 for Barnett to win Fedor IMO

Lol MMAth is all over Sherdog, and seems to be frowned upon by some :P

And i'm pretty sure Fedor would win, itd be a good fight thouhg
BloodandTears
1/29/07 12:39:45PM

Posted by nate22

Fedor but truth be told Barnett is the best fight out there at the moment for Fedor in Pride at least.

Barnett's got the best chance, but he doesn't want Fedor and who blames him

Thats it in a nutshell. I take nothing away from Barnett, he is the best competition for Fedor for the time being. That dont change the fact that Fedor would whoop him.
BloodandTears
1/29/07 12:44:39PM

Posted by Infused

Posted by BloodandTears

Posted by madmarck

Lol MMAth is all over Sherdog, and seems to be frowned upon by some :P

And i'm pretty sure Fedor would win, itd be a good fight thouhg

I get flamed on sherdog for not knowing that type of stuff You gotta be on that site 24/7 to keep up w/ the new posts and I just cant do it. Oh well I have NO need to be popular on that site. I just go there to check out fighters now. To hell with posting on sherdog for me :) But I agree it would be a hella good fight Fedor/ Josh
Infused
1/29/07 12:58:12PM

Posted by BloodandTears
I get flamed on sherdog for not knowing that type of stuff You gotta be on that site 24/7 to keep up w/ the new posts and I just cant do it. Oh well I have NO need to be popular on that site. I just go there to check out fighters now. To hell with posting on sherdog for me :) But I agree it would be a hella good fight Fedor/ Josh

lol yeah, Sherdog is nuts, i don't like it that much xD
thelastking
1/29/07 1:12:58PM
Barnett has a good chance at beating fedor but i just dont see it happening. mirko was fedors biggest challenge but since hes in the UFC i think Barnett is the biggest challenger to fedors belt
Jeffanori-Gomi
1/29/07 1:17:32PM
If Josh Barnett had body position the way Mark Hunt did in Fedors last match,

IMO Josh would have been able to sink the keylock. I think Josh has a 40% chance of beating Fedor.
roman
1/29/07 1:18:37PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I've been reading a lot of people's opinions on various MMA sites, and it seems a lot of people seem to think Barnett will beat Fedor. Barnett's great(top 5 HVY IMO) , but this kind of shocked me. Anybody can beat anybody on a given day( puncher's chance, injury, cut etc) , but I think if they fought 100 times Barnett would win 5- 8 at best, and most of them by the exceptions listed above.

I agree, anybody can win. But I see Fedor over Barnett 9 out of 10 times. The average MMA fan is not very smart, you have got to remeber that. Anybody who has seen both of there fights should know that Fedor matches up very well with him (better hands, better ground skills, better gameplan).
loller90278
1/29/07 1:54:04PM
i think if josh worked on his stand up a lot it could be a very close fight cuz everyone knows he can handle is own on the ground.. i wouldn't mind him losing a little bit of weight either

who else are possible opponents fedor might beat that will challenge him in 07?

Sergei Kharitonov (if he has a good year)
Josh Barnett ( if he decides to face him )
Noguera ( don't think its going to happen )

i really cant think of anyone else at the moment..
nate22
1/29/07 2:07:24PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

If Josh Barnett had body position the way Mark Hunt did in Fedors last match,

IMO Josh would have been able to sink the keylock. I think Josh has a 40% chance of beating Fedor.

Josh would of sunk that kimura like there was no tomorrow and that would of been the end of Fedor's reign. Luckily for Fedor when he finally does make such a big mistake he has Hunt on top of him rather than a Nog or Josh or even someone like Sergei or Werdum.

That kimura was in pretty damn deep and it's a shame it was slightly out of position. I didn't get too excited at the time as you could tell Fedor had it under control to an extent and hunt didn't have the hand/wrist close enough to the body to cause some damage.
nate22
1/29/07 2:12:27PM

Posted by loller90278

i think if josh worked on his stand up a lot it could be a very close fight cuz everyone knows he can handle is own on the ground.. i wouldn't mind him losing a little bit of weight either

who else are possible opponents fedor might beat that will challenge him in 07?

Sergei Kharitonov (if he has a good year)
Josh Barnett ( if he decides to face him )
Noguera ( don't think its going to happen )

i really cant think of anyone else at the moment..[/QUOTE

I think Werdum also has a really good chance if he can take Fedor to the ground. His BJJ rivaled Nog's in there match and that was damn close, whereas the Sergei fight was even closer.

He has some really good wins and even beat some decent opponents in his first few fights and alot of people are not giving him enough credit.
loller90278
1/29/07 2:33:29PM
you're right!
i could have given decision to werdum instead of big nog in that fight
the-james
1/29/07 2:41:53PM
if anyone in pride can beat Fedor its barnett, but unfortunatly i dont thin kanyone can
Moneymakers911
1/29/07 2:46:29PM
Its hard to say if Barnett didnt have the massive body i would say its a easy win for fedor. Not saying that fedor wouldnt win anyway, but if Barnett was smaller it would help. Because i feel that is Barnetts best weapon using he mass to lay on fighters and make them waste their energy trying to control him. In Barnett's fight with CroCop Barnett closed the distance and laid on Mirko most of the fight and wore him down and barely lost by decision. CroCop didnt take Barnetts size into his game plan cuz he has fought guys his size before but nobody that has used their weight in that manner. I would say that Big Nog or CroCop would be the best matches for Fedor. Fedor would probably win by GnP if anything
Spiderman
1/29/07 4:34:34PM
Fedor Ko RD 1 . Fedor has better strikeing , and his takedowns are much stronger than Barnetts . I See Barnett getting Peppered with shots early than taken down with Fedor finishing him with punchs from the gaurd ! I think this will be the first time Barnett isnt in a fight , and he gets blown away .

Imo The only fighter who currently can go the distance [ 20 minutes ] with a Healthy Fedor [ No broken hands ] Is Nog . Nog Has a better chance of beating him if they fight again , because he improved his standup , but more importently he increased his size and strength , and Improved his wrestling takedowns , and Reversals from the bottom . We allready saw that haveing Fedor in your gaurd dosent work , but Nog will be looking to be on top this time , and he may have some success this time .
CurledUpAndDead
1/29/07 5:28:05PM
Fedor takes this one easily. He'll take down/knock down Barnett repeatedly for 3 rounds. Doubt he'll pound him unconscious because Josh is a tough cookie, but Fedor will easily control position for 3 rounds.
slammadowg
1/30/07 12:19:04AM
Fedor by whatever he wants.

Barnett is and awesome fighter and he's slowly creeping up my favourites list but i just dont think he is on the level that fedor is.
Svartorm
1/30/07 1:07:06AM
I think Barnett has the best chance out of anyone in Pride, but I don't see him being able to pull it off. Fedor is quicker on the feet and a better technical striker, and Barnetts big weapon, leglocks a-la Erik Paulsson, are Fedor's bread and butter. I think best case senario for Barnett is a decision, and worse case, he gets caught last in the first and either GnPed out or subbed.
shackle
1/30/07 3:24:37AM
Fedor
Jeffanori-Gomi
1/31/07 12:53:40PM

Posted by shackle

Fedor

tantilizing argument
OchoCinco
1/31/07 8:09:40PM
Barnett wouldn't have a chance.
hippysmacker
1/31/07 8:12:51PM
Rampage is the Chad Johnson of MMA Ocho.
zombiejesus
1/31/07 8:31:21PM
If I had to pick one person to beat him it would be Barnett. I think Fedor is still a strong favorite, but Barnett has the skills to beat anyone. Of course Fedor isn'y just anyone.
Pages: [1] 2