since aa gets fedor, barnett vs. Sylvia?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » since aa gets fedor, barnett vs. Sylvia?
nickcuc547
10/11/08 6:05:25PM
it makes the most sense. i would love to see these two go at it. hopefully affliction can sign this one up and make another super card.
postman
10/11/08 6:40:52PM
Yeah it would be intresting to see if Tim could use that Jab to keep the distance or if Barrney could get inside and take it to the mat.
nickcuc547
10/11/08 6:56:26PM

Posted by postman

Yeah it would be intresting to see if Tim could use that Jab to keep the distance or if Barrney could get inside and take it to the mat.

honestly i think he could, it's kind of a bad matchup for josh.
postman
10/11/08 7:00:56PM
He did it to Nog for a long time but Josh has better TD then Nog it would be a fun fight to watch. I think the winner would be the guy that went agianst his gameplan ( no shit! ). If Barney tried to trade with Tim I think he would be in for a long night but if Tim tires and gets to close to clinh up and rest I thats when Barney would get the TD. I hope they make this fight.
juanez13
10/11/08 7:01:29PM
I actually think its a great match up for Josh, dont see Sylvia beating him.
Jackelope
10/11/08 11:11:31PM
On the ground Barnett is going to be one of the few HW's that can muscle Sylvia around a little bit to secure submissions. Being a master of leg submissions I see Sylvia in big trouble if those sasquatch feet get left hanging out there.

On the feet Sylvia will murder Barnett. Barnett does have a tendency to be stubborn and try to slug it out. Still, though.. over the course of 3 rounds I'd imagine Barney will get wise and take it down
mach
10/12/08 2:26:24AM

Posted by Jackelope

On the ground Barnett is going to be one of the few HW's that can muscle Sylvia around a little bit to secure submissions. Being a master of leg submissions I see Sylvia in big trouble if those sasquatch feet get left hanging out there.

On the feet Sylvia will murder Barnett. Barnett does have a tendency to be stubborn and try to slug it out. Still, though.. over the course of 3 rounds I'd imagine Barney will get wise and take it down

I also imagine that after his KO win over Rizzo his confidence in his striking will be pretty high, which isn't really a great idea for him
cowcatcher
10/12/08 9:15:53AM

Posted by postman

If Barney tried to trade with Tim I think he would be in for a long night

sometimes barnett gets a little too proud in there and decides to stand with guys when he clearly should take it to the ground and i think that could definately happen in this fight if it happens(and i hope it does). you have to wonder what timmehs confidence is going to be like after his last loss, i mean sure it was to fedor, but has a former champ that wasnt just a one hit wonder(ie serra, menne, etc) lost that badly before? that has to do some damage mentally. nevertheless it would be a fun fight to see and the way the past couple of years have gone any competetive HW matchup with 2 skilled fighters is a welcome sight.
Naturaldisaster
10/12/08 9:22:33AM
I think if sylvia could keep his distance, use his jab alot and just make sure he doesnt get takin down then he could win by UD. I wish he would win by KO, but I do think he could win a UD for this fight
postman
10/12/08 3:52:48PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by postman

If Barney tried to trade with Tim I think he would be in for a long night

sometimes barnett gets a little too proud in there and decides to stand with guys when he clearly should take it to the ground and i think that could definately happen in this fight if it happens(and i hope it does). you have to wonder what timmehs confidence is going to be like after his last loss, i mean sure it was to fedor, but has a former champ that wasnt just a one hit wonder(ie serra, menne, etc) lost that badly before? that has to do some damage mentally. nevertheless it would be a fun fight to see and the way the past couple of years have gone any competetive HW matchup with 2 skilled fighters is a welcome sight.

Yeah confidence would be an issue. The only one to come close at that level is Rich Frankiln and maybe you could say Hughes.
bls1919
10/12/08 7:21:09PM
I think that would be a great fight. Or maybe Tim against Rizzo? Either way i can't wait to see AA vs Fedor. It's been one of my dream fights for a long time. " The Battle For Mother Russia". Seriously should be a war.
Lockfrow
10/12/08 9:26:25PM
I kind of hoped that we were done with Timmy. I dont need to see him fight ever again. Him and Gan can go on dancing with the stars together.
RhythmAndStyle
10/13/08 11:03:33AM
barnett vs sylvia would be a good match-up..since they need bigger fights on the card...
fullerene
10/13/08 2:58:05PM
Although it's a good fight, I'm not sure a win over Sylvia, who's been losing as of late, does much to set up Barnett-Fedor. I think a guy like Tito Ortiz would be less risk and greater return.
JohnnyNapalm
10/15/08 3:46:44AM
I really wish tim would take a break from fighting top tier guys.

He went from Randy --> Nog --> Fedor. And it went from bad --> worse --> worst.

I would imagine the money is enticing but it's time for a cut in pay and fight a can next time out. Tim needs a confidence builder. Beat on some poor sap. Hell, beat on Bob Sapp. Get some lime light, decent cash, and whoop on big ol' Bob. That's the kind of fight that Tim needs. Then go scrap with Barnett.

Hey, anybody know if Tim's lookin' for a manager?
fullerene
10/15/08 8:38:22AM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

I really wish tim would take a break from fighting top tier guys.

He went from Randy --> Nog --> Fedor. And it went from bad --> worse --> worst.

I would imagine the money is enticing but it's time for a cut in pay and fight a can next time out. Tim needs a confidence builder. Beat on some poor sap. Hell, beat on Bob Sapp. Get some lime light, decent cash, and whoop on big ol' Bob. That's the kind of fight that Tim needs. Then go scrap with Barnett.

Hey, anybody know if Tim's lookin' for a manager?

I agree with this. A look at the HW record thread in the MMA Lounge shows that he's fought more top guys than just about anyone in his career.

But I think that's going to continue if he's fighting for Affliction or some other small organization. With a three shows or bust outlook, they can't afford to build up the records of anybody.
Jackelope
10/15/08 9:17:18AM

And yet Timmah still gets no love. I'm constantly stepping up to defend Tim Sylvia but all you ever get is the haters who say he doesn't deserve this pay or that fight.

Fact is Tim Sylvia backs down from nobody, and while he may look goofy as hell he's still an effective fighter.