Fedor Out, Barnett In Vs. Arlovski

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor Out, Barnett In Vs. Arlovski
POLL: Who wins
Babyface Assasin 46% (22)
Pitbull 54% (26)
kevietre
8/4/08 9:49:09AM
LINK

Fedor sustained a hand injury during the Tim Sylvis fight so Josh Barnett has stepped up to face Andrei The Pitbull Arlovksi.

IriShame
8/4/08 10:06:12AM
Arlovski 2nd round KO.
bojangalz
8/4/08 10:15:58AM
Fedor suffers a hand injury huh?

I'm thinking the post fight interview went something like this

Timmay- "I'm never been hit so hard in my life!"

Fedor- "I've never hit so hard in my life, maybe I'll just flick the next guy in the nose. That should be good enough."
mrsmiley
8/4/08 10:20:55AM
I'm dissapointed Fedor won't be fighting,but Hand injuries are something he has a history of,so it shouldn't be that suprising.Barnett VS AA will still be a solid match though.
Sir_Karl
8/4/08 10:22:12AM
If Arlovski wins that will move him up to 4th in the world heavy rankings.
However, Arlovski has never tangled with anyone like Barnett before.
I say Barnett wins.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/4/08 10:31:01AM
hmmmm, fedor wouldve whooped that AAss but now this fight strikes a great deal of doubt for me. not sure who'll take it, barnett for now is my pick.
casketcoin
8/4/08 10:45:05AM
arlovski is going to drop his big ass and destroy him with relentless hammer fist
SmileR
8/4/08 10:45:33AM
The Pitbull chews up and spits out Babyface.
Kracker_Jap
8/4/08 10:48:15AM
This is a better step up the ladder than Rothwell then Fedor....

Looks better for the new improved Arlovski to fight Rothwell Barnett then Fedor
billycarnage
8/4/08 10:56:46AM
I know these guys can stand and bang they are fairly even on there feet IMO (igive AA a slight edge) BUT I would like to see some Catch Wrestling vs Sambo. I want to see how AA measures up on the ground because that is a big ? for me. I like Barnett in this one because of experience and I think he'll be able to take it to the ground and pull out a submission. I like both these guys but I gotta go with Barnett.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
8/4/08 11:21:51AM
I don't think Fedor will ever fight Arlovski or Randy because he will lose and he will not be able to handle the loss.
Fedor crushes Sylvia and Arlovski Ko's Rothwell and it seemed like a perfect fight, a worthy opponent for Fedor but an injury, of course, what a surprise

So Arlovski against Barnett is a good fight but I swear if Fedor ends up on that card fighting some has been or never was.

I just want Fedor to fight someone we all think is a tough fight, well maybe next year.
gsquat
8/4/08 11:37:32AM
Definitely a more likely win for Arlovski than vs Fedor. Arlovski R1, KO/TKO.
wiggum
8/4/08 12:03:39PM
i see this as an excellent fight....either barnett wins by decison from utilizing ground control or arlovski wins via tko late in the fight.....barnett looked good against and excellent striker in rizzo tho, and arlovski as good enough ground game not to get submitted or dominated as well....could be a stand a bang and the first that goes down wins....barnett has the better chin...close fight cant wait
xphycorx
8/4/08 12:30:38PM
this is a better match up than arlovski/fedor. i guess no one really matches up well against fedor. barnett i think will win this fight.
loffspring
8/4/08 1:08:23PM
This is a better match up for both guys than Fedor. I thought it was kinda sad before that Arlovski was getting "rewarded" for his decimation of Rothwell with a fight against Fedor.
crushedbacon
8/4/08 1:25:14PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

I don't think Fedor will ever fight Arlovski or Randy because he will lose and he will not be able to handle the loss.
Fedor crushes Sylvia and Arlovski Ko's Rothwell and it seemed like a perfect fight, a worthy opponent for Fedor but an injury, of course, what a surprise

So Arlovski against Barnett is a good fight but I swear if Fedor ends up on that card fighting some has been or never was.

I just want Fedor to fight someone we all think is a tough fight, well maybe next year.

This lame angle on fedor is getting old. Give me one reason you think randy can beat fedor? You actually are implying fedor is ducking opponents here you realize. Do you actually believe that? Sylvia holds 2 victories over Arlovski, Fedor hammers him and then obviously logic says ducking Arlovski is the next move?.....what?

People are just elevating randy to fedor's level to just talk hypothetically about this fight. The reality is this fight is not that close at all. Fedor rolls over couture easily. So for you to say Fedor is ducking these guys because he is afraid to lose is ludicrous to me.

jocka
8/4/08 1:49:49PM
I think its a shame that AA and fedor are not fighting oh well at least babyface and AA is the next obvious fight. I think AA will win this by tko in the 3rd its gonna be a good fight
Wolfenstein
8/4/08 1:59:01PM
I'm not super-excited about this fight as I was with Fedor, but it's okay. But I'll have to take a good look at the rest of the card to see if it's worth purchasing. The last show had its moments, but I kind of felt like MMA Legends.

Josh probably takes this, if he's smart enough to utilize his ground game, because despite Arlovski having a background in Sambo he looks like a fish out of water on his back. Closed guard, and not much beyond that. He can really take his time to scramble to his feet. If he's smart and he has top position, he won't drop down for a leg lock, because it's not going to happen against Barnett.

Last time Josh was willing to exchange with Rizzo, which I thought wasn't the best gameplan, because Josh had a sizable advantage on the mat. If he bangs with Arlovski he'll get put to sleep.

Regarding a potential match with Couture; Randy's a great fighter, but I truely believe he's a product of the UFC hype machine. Plus the guy will be nearly 46 by the time he frees himself of the UFC. I don't want to say he has no chance against Fedor, because anything can happen, but I'd put the chances at slim to never.
cmill21
8/4/08 2:08:18PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

He was "ducking" cro cop to. Why would he duck AA? He's fought much better strikers who hit alot harder and he's fought guys who are alot better on the ground. I guess I don't see what there is to dodge, there a much more dangerous fighters.