Fedor by submission 67% (30)
Fedor by decision 2% (1)
Arlovski by ko/tko 13% (6)
Arlovski by submission 0% (0)
Arlovski by decision 4% (2)
nickcuc547
10/10/08 5:06:40PM
Who wins and how?

I like fedor by sub, he will eventually get it to the ground where andre has no chance.

EDIT: Sorry wrong forum, mods please move it to other orgs.
Twenty20Dollars
10/10/08 5:16:17PM
The pitbull with the tko.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/10/08 5:33:58PM
TS, might i reccomend adding poll to ur thread title?
aa vs fedor threads r poppin up by the minute & thought u might wanna let folks know where the poll is

oh yeah, me SmileR been saying it since the 1st time this fight got announced back in July........Arlovski WILL win this fight
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/10/08 9:53:30PM
avatar bet for anyone who thinks AA will win. whos down?
jiujitsufreak74
10/10/08 10:15:38PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

aa vs fedor threads r poppin up by the minute & thought u might wanna let folks know where the poll is

oh yeah, me SmileR been saying it since the 1st time this fight got announced back in July........Arlovski WILL win this fight

so that's who the two people who voted for Arlovski were...i just thought we had 2 dyslexic people on here
mkiv9secsupra
10/10/08 11:06:40PM
I think Fedor rocks AA and subs him with the armbar or RNC. But i could very easily see Fedor getting overconfident in his striking and getting KO'ed. He throws LOTS and LOTS of hooks so if AA times him just right a right straight from AA can end the fight quick. My pick stands at Fedor by sub. But i think Arlovksi is number 2-3 in the the HWs. He just needs a few fights to prove it. AA vs Couture would be a great way to bump him up in rankings easily, too bad that wont happen ever now
Wolfenstein
10/11/08 12:00:21AM
At this point I just don't think you can pick against Fedor. He's leaps and bounds ahead of everyone in the division. In actuality he's really more of a LHW which makes his domination of the division that much more impressive.

Andrei probably is the #3 HW in the world bt he might as well be 20th. Arlovski has the more technically sound boxing, but Fedor's hands are just as fast and pack more of a whallop, at least in my opinion. On the ground it's a complete mismatch.

I think Andrei should come in as big as possible, like 250-260 lbs instead of his typical 240. Use that extra weight to keep him off in the clinch. One advantage working in Andrei's favor is that it's difficult to take a guy down off the ropes as opposed to taking down a guy pressed against the cage, and the ring is absolutely enormous.

Arlovski is going to have to win this on his feet, but I don't think he has a big enough advantage there, if at all, and I don't think he can avoid the trip takedown.
cmill21
10/11/08 12:07:13AM
Glad to see Fedor get another big fight. I could see Andrei winning. I really don't think he will since Fedor's stand up is so good he's getting the biggest words of endorsment I've ever heard from Hoost. I love Fedor for his ability and the fact that he is the most humble guy in the entire world. I don't ever want to see him lose because people will talk shit(Dana) and Fedor won't say anything back.
Jackelope
10/11/08 2:46:03AM
Andrei coming in bigger won't help him any IMO. Fedor's Judo is on such a level that a 15-20 lbs weight difference won't mean anything but more velocity for his opponents heading toward the ground.

SmileR
10/11/08 8:01:42AM

He speaks the truth!!!
SmileR
10/11/08 8:02:33AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

so that's who the two people who voted for Arlovski were...i just thought we had 2 dyslexic people on here

...so mean!!!
Aether
10/11/08 8:44:23AM
Do either of you want to make an avatar bet on this fight? I've had some ideas for funny avatars that I wanted to use. Riddum seems especially confident. Let's bet on it.
Franklinfan47
10/11/08 9:17:09AM
It would be sweet if AA did pull off the upset, but Fedors the man right now. Lets not forget he beat Sylvia in 30 seconds, the same Sylvia who handed AA two straight losses. I say Fedor by UD.
breakdown5
10/11/08 12:24:35PM
Arlovski won't be able to stop the takedown by Fedor, and once it hits the ground, Fedor will armbar him. I'm just hoping that this fight lasts longer than 36 seconds, and that there won't be any sketchy standups as Fedor locks in a submission.
Gipper
10/11/08 2:29:08PM
i've been saying for years now if anybody can beat fedor it would be arlovski. in my mind this will be fedor's biggest test of his life.
Twenty20Dollars
10/11/08 2:49:48PM
i voted for Arlovski
cmill21
10/11/08 2:55:20PM

Posted by Gipper

i've been saying for years now if anybody can beat fedor it would be arlovski. in my mind this will be fedor's biggest test of his life.

I'm just curious as to what you think AA will bring to the table that Cro Cop didn't when they fought?
juanez13
10/11/08 3:17:27PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Gipper

I'm just curious as to what you think AA will bring to the table that Cro Cop didn't when they fought?

Boxing/hands. After K1 cro cop barely put any combos together, and didnt against Fedor. AA right now has the best hands at HW no doubt, and he always throws in combos. Which IMO is necessary because you're not going to keep fedor away with jabs.

If Fedor throws reckless, AA might have an answer for him. AA imo will be the best boxer Fedor has ever faced, and it will be interesting to see how Fedor deals with it. AA's chin is a question mark in my mind, and if Fedor lands he can definitely put him down. I still think that Fedor will put this fight to the ground where he will have an advantage.
Jackelope
10/11/08 3:23:43PM
Problem with throwing big combos is that it opens you up to be taken down, which is definitely where Fedor will want the fight.

Crocop played a smart gameplan trying to outstrike Fedor from the outside and staying out of his reach. If you stay in the pocket and throw big combos he's going to clinch you and you will go down.
cmill21
10/11/08 3:47:30PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Gipper

Boxing/hands. After K1 cro cop barely put any combos together, and didnt against Fedor. AA right now has the best hands at HW no doubt, and he always throws in combos. Which IMO is necessary because you're not going to keep fedor away with jabs.

If Fedor throws reckless, AA might have an answer for him. AA imo will be the best boxer Fedor has ever faced, and it will be interesting to see how Fedor deals with it. AA's chin is a question mark in my mind, and if Fedor lands he can definitely put him down. I still think that Fedor will put this fight to the ground where he will have an advantage.

As Jackalope said I don't think plating your feet and throwing 3-4 punch combo's is a good way to fight Fedor, good chance you'll get taken down if you miss. Also Fedor's stand up IMO is better then anyone gives him credit for. He throws harder then anyone i've seen in a while, and his ability to throw as fast as he does prevents good counters. Also he tucks his chin amazingly well and uses his shoulders as added protection. I always thought a striker was going to be Fedor's cryptonite, but after watching him destroy Cro Cop, Hunt, Tim, and Semmy I no longer think that. Also his stand up could have passed everyone by right now.

EDIT: Oh and another thing, when you have absolutly no fear of being taken down(like Fedor) it helps your stand up tremendously. AA will have to watch his kicks and he'll be tentative since he knows if he ends up on the ground Fedor will punish him for every second of it.
NatedawgThaM
10/11/08 3:54:06PM
Fedor 1st RD KO.

He hits like a darn bus. AA's going down. I want to say this will be an exciting fight that goes many rounds but I can't see AA escaping the 1st. His good takedown defense will keep it on the feet and him keep the distance with good boxing but I think Fedor will be aggressive and land a few big ones on the feet that will drop AA into unconsciousness.
Aether
10/12/08 5:47:28AM
I don't believe that boxing translates as well to MMA as Combat Sambo striking does and as a result I don't believe that Arlovski has the better hands. Arlovski has the better pure boxing technique, not the more effective MMA striking. You don't see as much striking and combos from Fedor because he hits people once or twice, they hit the ground, and he immediately moves in for the finish.

Fedor isn't going to cover his head and allow Andrei to throw 8 shot combos the way nelson and rothwell did.
gsquat
10/13/08 11:39:47AM
Fedor will overwhelm Arlovski on the feet and when it goes to the ground, he'll sub him quick-like. A lot like the Sylvia fight. Arlovski might be one of the better strikers Fedor has faced, but I would still say Fedor's striking is better. And obviously everything else is too.
mkiv9secsupra
10/15/08 5:09:16PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by juanez13

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Gipper

As Jackalope said I don't think plating your feet and throwing 3-4 punch combo's is a good way to fight Fedor, good chance you'll get taken down if you miss. Also Fedor's stand up IMO is better then anyone gives him credit for. He throws harder then anyone i've seen in a while, and his ability to throw as fast as he does prevents good counters. Also he tucks his chin amazingly well and uses his shoulders as added protection. I always thought a striker was going to be Fedor's cryptonite, but after watching him destroy Cro Cop, Hunt, Tim, and Semmy I no longer think that. Also his stand up could have passed everyone by right now.

i dont think AA is going to win but Fedor does throw a lot of hooks and usually opens up his striking exchanges with a hook which is a huge disadvantage when facing a very technical striker that throws straights %70 of the time. Its very foreseeable that AA can land a right straight if Fedor gets a little overconfident. I doubt AA is going to win, but he has a very good chance on the feet.
casey64
10/15/08 5:13:44PM
Fedor submission
RhythmAndStyle
10/20/08 1:10:39PM
Fedor second round sub..but i also could see this goin to a decision..this is gonna be Fedor hardest match in a long time...