Fedor To Be At UFC 75

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor To Be At UFC 75
Next Page »
guccimane
9/4/07 10:09:58PM
Link

Fedor will be at UFC 75...however it's due to his partnership with Affliction. Randy Couture will also be present. Hopefully they bring Fedor in the octagon and he's signed!!!
kevietre
9/4/07 10:15:26PM
If only it was that easy
guccimane
9/4/07 10:43:59PM
Well the big rumor is he's signed...but there's so many layers to this story who knows. Personally I want him in UFC, but as a Fedor fan, I want to see him fight even more then that.
Twenty20Dollars
9/4/07 10:58:11PM
I dont even like fedor. I think he can be beat. If he really wants to be the best well UFC is top dog right now.
guccimane
9/4/07 11:00:16PM
You don't like Fedor?? I don't know how any mma fan wouldn't like the best mma fighter of all time. He can be beat??? Well all of his opponents might beg to differ. He is the best. Period. End of discussion.
chickmagnet
9/4/07 11:06:32PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I dont even like fedor. I think he can be beat. If he really wants to be the best well UFC is top dog right now.

can be beat by who??? bring him in the ufc and put him
in the octagon with Couture and we will see a NEW champ
DonnieDarko
9/4/07 11:34:43PM
I agree he would probley beat randy but he can be beat and he will be beat one day maybe not soon but one day and not by a cut either. Nobody is unbeatable.
kerazzle
9/4/07 11:40:11PM
this must mean that he's been signed.......why else would he go all the way from russia to watch a UFC event live.......every time a big name fighter has come to watch he's been signed......happened with CC, Henderson, Nog......let's hope it's true.
roman
9/4/07 11:43:46PM

Posted by kerazzle

this must mean that he's been signed.......why else would he go all the way from russia to watch a UFC event live.......every time a big name fighter has come to watch he's been signed......happened with CC, Henderson, Nog......let's hope it's true.

Thats what I'm thinkin, they're just keeping it a big secert.

And anyone can be beat, ANYONE, I just don't think Fedors day will be anytime soon.
Playground_Samurai
9/4/07 11:48:02PM
To be fair, you don't have to be a fan of an athlete just because they are considered to be the best at their particular sport. Some people tend to embrace the underdogs or even the bad guys more so than the fan favorites or good guys. For example, I was never a fan of Michael Jordan. It was like I was tired of him being so good that nobody else had a chance, so when he came out on the losing end it was that much sweeter for me.

As for the topic of the thread.....For some reason the link will not work for me so i'm not exactly sure but I wasn't aware that Fedor was affiliated with affliction. I wonder if he'll receive some camera time.?? Really seems odd to me that he's gonna be at a UFC event amongst all the current rumors of his possible signing.
Bowen50
9/4/07 11:48:23PM
i'm gonna go completely ape shit if they announces hes signed at UFC 75. Couture Vs. Fedor has the makings to be one of the greatest fights in MMA history right now.
kerazzle
9/4/07 11:50:31PM
i agree with u, u shouldnt have to like a guy just because he's A-Level, I like him cuz he's such a nice friendly guy for someone who excels in a combat sport
submissionartist1
9/4/07 11:52:59PM
i like Fedor but he was scared of Matt Lindand and i dont think he wants any part of Randy.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
LR
9/4/07 11:55:56PM
He was scared of Matt Lindland, yeah.. then he reversed a throw and armbar'd him. Nice try.
grappler0000
9/5/07 12:14:34AM

Posted by kerazzle

You are correct...with the exception of CC. If I remember correctly, they announced it during the Liddell/Oritiz II card, but he wasn't present.
jae_1833
9/5/07 12:28:01AM
He must of signed, after the Wandy fiasco I don't think they would bring him into the cage and announce anything without him having signed. I also know that Fedor held the ropes bigtime against Lindland to avoid getting taken down. Not saying it changed the overall outcome of the fight, but it shows you that nobody is perfect and we all will see our time.
Jujiden
9/5/07 12:44:21AM
Ho-leeeeeee CRAP! If he is signed, and it's on a historic UFC night, in front of an audience that might not otherwise watch it except that its free....would have to be one of he most ingenious moves by Dana ever. Amazing!
cmill21
9/5/07 1:00:29AM
I plan to rent this on UFC.com so I can watch live!!!
guccimane
9/5/07 1:07:22AM
Fedor was scared of Lindland?? Didn't he make him cry uncle in the first round?? LOL Fedor's scared of Randy, yeah. Randy couldn't even handle Chuck, and would lose to some 205 guys. But Fedor is scared of him. Not only that, Fedor is scared of Dana White in a boxing match ala Tito Ortiz.
luckyMiddlebrook
9/5/07 1:44:26AM
That's why the UFC is so much better than boxing. There are title matches every few month. We don't have to argue in the blogs whether Fedor can beat Couture...if Fedor signs, we'll definitely see it in 08...
jomatty
9/5/07 4:43:29AM
your right that you dont have to be a fan of fedors but one thing is undeniable and that is that if you really know the mma game then you must respect fedor's talents immensely.

can he be beat? sure anyone can get caught,cut, or in some other way lose any individual fight. that does not mean that he is not the best in the game and a huge favorite anytime he steps into the ring against anybody.
Twenty20Dollars
9/5/07 7:43:23AM
fedor does have a loss, so how is he unbeatable. see anyone can loose at any given time. As far as signing guys that come to UFC events idk about that. what about "mach" dont know if he signed yet, or lesnar
DevonFoxy
9/5/07 7:51:58AM
Yes i think if Fedor does in fact come to the UFC he will get his first loss. perhaps not to Couture (however it would be mad to count out Couture now after what hes done) Randy works out of the clinch and i dont think he would be able to do that with such a great Sambo guy. He could go the way he did with big Tim but i doubt it would be nearly as effective. I think this may be a big hush hush and he may have signed but there are indications he didn't so i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't show him on camera all night.
danski
9/5/07 8:16:41AM
Twenty20Dollars .....i hope he does sign so you change your tune
LR
9/5/07 10:11:45AM
He held the rope bigtime? He held it once, and if you watch the video, you could even make arguments that he leaned his wrist on it during the second infraction. Fact is, if the rope is staring at you in the face, the instinct of grabbing something next to your hand for balance is pretty hard to fight off. He was still able to reverse the throw, AND he beat Lindland on the ground afterwards anyways even though Lindland still gained a good position. Lindland couldn't figure out where the armbar came from after the fight, so that tells me Lindland was completely outmatched by Fedor's Sambo. Just my take. He should have been deducted a point, but he still won the fight.
Mayo
9/5/07 11:15:59AM
After watching again the fight between Fedor and Hunt I think Couture could beat Fedor by fighting just like Hunt did, but Couture has more skill and would know how to finish the fight.
silverbullet
9/5/07 11:28:39AM

Posted by Mayo

After watching again the fight between Fedor and Hunt I think Couture could beat Fedor by fighting just like Hunt did, but Couture has more skill and would know how to finish the fight.

Couture would get owned by at least three people in the LHW division (Hendo, Liddell, and Page). There is no way Couture can handle Fedor in HW, just no way. Anything can happen, and Couture could land a wild punch, but apart from that, there is nothing he could do against Fedor.
tomp6581
9/5/07 11:58:37AM

Posted by Mayo

One flaw in you argument........Hunt kept Fedor down because he is about 280lbs and kept his weight on him......Randy is 220lbs......big difference.
I think Randy would take him down, I just dont believe he would keep him there.

ps Ill be in attendance in London, and if Fedor is there, that would be amazing!
LR
9/5/07 12:02:02PM
Hunt traded with Fedor though, and Couture's standup has been suspect in the past. Hunt just happened to luckily fluke out a massive punch that hit Fedor. Hunt was getting overwhelmed by Fedor's fists and just threw a desperation shot that caught Fedor. I don't think Randy could take that kind of beating.
guccimane
9/5/07 12:55:14PM

Posted by LR

Hunt traded with Fedor though, and Couture's standup has been suspect in the past. Hunt just happened to luckily fluke out a massive punch that hit Fedor. Hunt was getting overwhelmed by Fedor's fists and just threw a desperation shot that caught Fedor. I don't think Randy could take that kind of beating.

Hunt was getting overwhelmed?? Please. Hunt is 10x the striker Fedor is. Mark Hunt would mop the floor with Randy Couture. Randy isn't even in the same league as Mark Hunt. Hunt had Fedor and his corner really worried, you can tell by their reaction after Fedor subbed him.

As for 20 dollars, the guy who clearly doesn't know anything about Fedor. His only "loss" was due to a cut from an ILLEGAL blow. The reason it never got reversed is because Fedor's former manager didn't want to create waves in his former organization, and that organization is now defunct therefore the loss cannot be removed. What happened to TK in the rematch?? He got obliterated. Just thought you should know seeing as how you're the one who brought it up.
Pages: [1] 2