FEDOR

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » FEDOR
liddel4prez
3/29/07 12:41:57AM
is fedor the best mma fighter ever?

Is there anyone that has a legitimate chance of knocking him off twice??( a defeat and a rematch )
JimiMak
3/29/07 1:18:22AM

Posted by liddel4prez

is fedor the best mma fighter ever?

Is there anyone that has a legitimate chance of knocking him off twice??( a defeat and a rematch )

1st q: very probably.

2nd q: Yes. I'd say Miko and Barnett have a 50/50 shot of goin 2 out of 3 on him (I'd say Nog, if it weren't for their history). And most of the top 10 guys I think could go 1 out of 3, which gives them a fighter's chance at the 2 out of 3 upset. No fighter is unbeatable for long. We've all seen phenoms come and go. As long as he doesn't retire wicked early, he will be beaten several times. He already rarely defends his belt (which should hopefully change w/ the ownership thing) Everyone has a prime, whether it be early middle or late in their career, and every champ gives way to the next.
Manfred
3/29/07 1:22:52AM
On any given night, just about anyone can beat..... just about anyone. (ref. PRIDE 33) That said, I HIGHLY doubt Fedor will lose anytime soon and certainly not be beaten twice by the same guy.
liddel4prez
3/29/07 1:30:35AM
there is NO way that most of the top 10 heavys could go 1 of 3 with fedor, he has beaten most of them anyways. Mirko is the only fighter out there that has a chance of beating him twice and thats a longshot at best after watching the first fight.
JimiMak
3/29/07 1:46:50AM

Posted by liddel4prez

there is NO way that most of the top 10 heavys could go 1 of 3 with fedor, he has beaten most of them anyways. Mirko is the only fighter out there that has a chance of beating him twice and thats a longshot at best after watching the first fight.

Beaten most of them anyways????..... have you actually looked at Fedor's record? Nog, Mirko, Hunt. Noone else that is even close to CURRENT top 10. Many of them were only arguably top 10 when he faced them, some could never be top 10. This is the mystique thing to Fedor. Ppl seem to assume he's beaten everyone when he hasn't at all. I think he is the best, but to say noone in the top 10 has better than a 30% chance of beating him is naive.
liddel4prez
3/29/07 1:57:09AM
Ok hes beat the the 2 top contenders at HW. Couture has a very very small chance of beating him once ( never say never with randy ) AA no more then a punchers chance . Sylvia would win once out of 100 if hes lucky, hunt hes beat. So the only one out of them with more then a 30 percent chance is cro cop.
floridamma
3/29/07 5:09:37AM
1st question: yes.
2nd: yes, but very unlikely. cro cop and maybe big nog on his best day and fedor's worst. anyone else:of course they have a chance, just like you or I have a chance, but just like you or I that chance is very slim. hes just too skilled, too knowledgable, and too calm under pressure (ex: hunt had a kimura on, but fedor stayed relaxed and slipped out) to be beaten by anyone else 2 out of 3 or even 1 out of 3, imo.
warglory
3/29/07 9:41:56AM
Fedor is pound for pound the best fighter ever, no doubt.

I think Hunt could beat Fedor if they fought again, no doubt.
JimiMak
3/29/07 1:06:00PM
The Hunt fight definitely showed he is beatable. And I wouldn't take Hunt over Barnett. Just like with every other sport best ever doesn't mean you stay that way forever. We've not seen much of him in close to 2 years. He's wasting him prime, imo. He should be trying to mow thru the whole top 10. Hell he was taken to decision by both Babalu and Arona (long time ago, but both much smaller individuals). I guess my only real point is that anyone can beat anyone on any given day. We all know mmath doesn't work but just to prove it I'd love to see Lindland stop him even tho there is no chance of that. I don't care if he is the best, otherwise sensible posters just start swinging from nuts everytime his name comes up.
CwB
3/29/07 2:38:02PM
elvis sinosic could beat him any day of the year...
pv3Hpv3p
3/29/07 3:50:50PM

Posted by CwB

elvis sinosic could beat him any day of the year...

the King of the Rock and Rumble owns all

Who's this Fedor guy anyways?