Fedor..No St-Pierre...No Bj Penn...Maybe

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fedor..No St-Pierre...No Bj Penn...Maybe
holt8081
10/25/08 2:16:08PM
bullettdodger
10/25/08 2:25:22PM
Anderson rules, i love his manner and his way of speaking... makes me wish i could understand Portuguese
jae_1833
10/25/08 6:49:31PM
I think he says no to Fedor almost jokingly, no to GSP rather confidently, but maybe to BJ was weird?
bullettdodger
10/25/08 7:11:07PM
I think he is merely regarding they're skills in the areas and how they match up to his. He says no to Fedor cause he feels they;re comparable in all areas, GSP because Anderson's striking is better and i don't think GSP would really want to clinch which he would need to get it down. Also i think Anderson's JJ is better so he isn't worried there. BJ however is always an X factor because he has heavy hands and is a phenom at JJ and is always able to pull off ridiculous feats to survive... at least thats how i saw it.
RMFG_187
10/25/08 7:17:04PM
The People that think A Silva is P4P Champ = Uneducated Fans of UFC not MMA.

just the way I see it. How can u put Silva ahead of a guy that has beaten Champion, After Champion After Champion when A Silva has only beat Rich and Hendo?

Meanwhile Fedor has beaten Nog, Herring, Semmy, Coleman, Randleman, Big Tim, Cro Cop and some he beat more than once. Why dont people understand the FEDOR HAS NO WEAKNESS.

Its wierd how a technically undefeated fighter cant be P4P because a guy has finished his last 9 opponents. 2 are champs Hendo and Franklin, 1 guy that isnt in the UFC anymore, 1 that shouldn't be in the UFC, 1 guy on drugs and he is about to fight a guy that doesnt deserve a Title shot.

Fedor fights CHAMPIONS, JUST CHAMPIONS.
Playground_Samurai
10/25/08 7:25:19PM

Posted by RMFG_187

just the way I see it. How can u put Silva ahead of a guy that has beaten Champion, After Champion After Champion when A Silva has only beat Rich and Hendo?

Meanwhile Fedor has beaten Nog, Herring, Semmy, Coleman, Randleman, Big Tim, Cro Cop and some he beat more than once. Why dont people understand the FEDOR HAS NO WEAKNESS.

Its wierd how a technically undefeated fighter cant be P4P because a guy has finished his last 9 opponents. 2 are champs Hendo and Franklin, 1 guy that isnt in the UFC anymore, 1 that shouldn't be in the UFC, 1 guy on drugs and he is about to fight a guy that doesnt deserve a Title shot.

You can't really use that logic....If so,GSP would be the top p4p fighter. He fought and defeated more top ranked fighters than Fedor or Silva. fightmatrix.com has the right idea.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/25/08 8:04:08PM
you guys all take what he said too seriously . IMO he just wanted the dude to shut up and stop asking questions, so he said maybe .
mrsmiley
10/26/08 9:53:52AM

Posted by RMFG_187

To an extent I agree with you.
I can't say all people who call Anderson P4P #1 are uneducated,but I do feel their are a big group of people out their who deny Fedor number one status soley for the fact that he's not in the UFC.
Which is wrong.
As much as I love the UFC,and like most of what Dana White says,
I feel like their are an ever growing group of UFC enthuasist (Emphasis on the UFC),who let Dana White make up their minds for them,and just agree with what they hear at press conferances and at the announcers table.
Maybe i'm wrong.But then again,maybe i'm right.
MMAcca
10/26/08 11:29:56AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

you guys all take what he said too seriously . IMO he just wanted the dude to shut up and stop asking questions, so he said maybe .

holt8081
10/27/08 1:02:53AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

No I think there is some truth behind his voice, he can see the talent level of Penn, not saying Penn can beat Silva but there skills would be more compairable then Georges or Fedor............if that makes sense
pv3Hpv3p
10/27/08 11:44:10AM

Posted by RMFG_187

I've had Fedor on my top #4# list for as long as I can remember... But to say he just fights champions is retarded...

That's one of my biggest gripes about Fedor, is his sometimes questionable competition... Matt LIndland is a great middleweight, but has no business moving up to HW to fight the best fighter ont he planet... Hong Man Choi is big, but no where near an MMA champion... Zulu was a big fat guy... TK while was a "revenge" type match has not been relelvant in fight action for years...

Fedor has fought some good competition... And the frustrating thing is I think he could beat anyone that's put in front of him, but he just doesn't always fight them... I'm thinking that this all might change now that he' s got the opportunity to fight guys like Barnett and Arlovski