ufc 89 to feature 6 fights on main card!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc 89 to feature 6 fights on main card!!
prozacnation1978
8/20/08 10:18:19AM
looks like the ufc will have 6 fights on main card instead of 5
as well as they changed one out

6 will be

jardine vs vera
machida vs silva
leban vs bisping
sokou vs cane
lytle vs taylor
kelly vs davis

loks like to pushed originally main card fight hardy vs gono to a prelim now

i can't wait

but given all of those fights could end quick and no title match i could see why they added one more fight to card.

i will be interested if leban vs bisping is the actually main event meaning last fight shown or will it be machida vs silva
DCRage
8/20/08 10:20:24AM
That's the England card, right? If yes, Leben vs. Bisping almost certainly is going off last.
stock
8/20/08 10:49:30AM
That's the free card. Right?
Twenty20Dollars
8/20/08 11:16:05AM
they also have commercials so they dont want to guarantee another fight and not have it show.
stock
8/20/08 12:22:58PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

they also have commercials so they dont want to guarantee another fight and not have it show.

Yeah, but it is going to be on SpikeTV, so they could always run over a little bit. Is anyone going to be pissed if they miss re-runs of CSI-Miami?

It seems like all the WEC events run about a half hour over.
Ordep
8/20/08 12:45:11PM
is there any way to watch it live?
Rabi
8/20/08 1:03:47PM

is there any way to watch it live?

Yes mate, Fly over to England, it is on Setanta live.
ohiostate1016
8/20/08 1:25:18PM
If they have 6 fights, then I'm thinking that they have to make it a 3-hour show. With the commercials and 6 fights, there is no way that they could squeeze it into 2 hours. That would be 20 minutes per fight. They need at least 30, especially on TV.
prozacnation1978
8/20/08 1:52:39PM
i don't see why it wouldn't be three hours the last fight night was 3 hours and 6 fights
emfleek
8/20/08 2:35:07PM

Posted by stock

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Yeah, but it is going to be on SpikeTV, so they could always run over a little bit. Is anyone going to be pissed if they miss re-runs of CSI-Miami?

It seems like all the WEC events run about a half hour over.

I don't remember a WEC event EVER running over by more than a couple minutes.

Besides...WEC isn't on SpikeTV, anyways. It's on Versus.