Featherweight and bantomweight rankings

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Featherweight and bantomweight rankings
bojangalz
3/6/09 3:17:14AM
What are the chances of setting up rankings for Featherweight and Bantomweight divisions? I think the WEC continues to get stronger all the time, and with the addition of two Featherweight GP's starting soon in Japan; maybe it's time. For that division at minimum. I also think its hard to stop their when there is such a clearly dominate champion like Miguel Torres who doesn't get the love either.

We can put guys like Torres, Aldo and MTB in our P4P rankings, yet we still cannot officially recognize and rank their divisions.

I know the new programmer has a lot on his plate. But it would be nice to get this done sometime down the road.
ncordless
3/6/09 1:31:27PM
I agree, especially the FW's. People know enough about that class to make a ranking, and if they don't then they are not watching enough MMA to make a valid ranking in any class. There is a tourney coming up in DREAM, Sengoku, and Bellator, as well as some great fights in the WEC, and if people are not watching that at least on the net then it's hard to imagine that they can know enough about worldwide MMA to create a real ranking in any class.
Pookie
3/7/09 3:11:09PM
I know the other side of the arguement in the past was that not enough members know enough about the FW division to rank it.

But with the 2 Grand Prix's going down in addition to what most of us see on the WEC regularly... im sure that more than enough people will be able to rank the FW's approptiately.

xenophon
11/14/09 8:33:13PM
We need to rank those divisions.
ncordless
11/21/09 7:12:21AM
I still think the rankings would be nice, but I have huge doubts we could do it well considering we already have Brown and Torres ranked ahead of Aldo on the p4p list and Bowles isn't even on there even though he beat Torres.

Rush
11/21/09 7:31:03AM
There would kind of be an inconsistency in terms of the fact that these will be heavily favoured from the WEC and Sengoku, yet the those are not even in the main league in terms of the fantasy game.

I personally don't care because I stopped doing the rankings ages ago (other than my faves), I'm just throwing ideas out there.
Aether
11/21/09 8:16:28AM
Kind of off topic, but I have a hard time accepting any of the featherweights or bantamweights as P4P candidates because the divisions aren't deep enough. I think we've seen evidence of this in the last few months with the titles shifting hands as more legitimate competitors come into the divisions.
RMFG_187
11/21/09 5:07:14PM

Posted by Aether

Kind of off topic, but I have a hard time accepting any of the featherweights or bantamweights as P4P candidates because the divisions aren't deep enough. I think we've seen evidence of this in the last few months with the titles shifting hands as more legitimate competitors come into the divisions.

I understand what your sayin, even I dont think I can get a FW Ranking without havin Leonard or Pulver in top 10 when I dont even consider them top 10. The divisions are weak, but some great fighters come out of those divisions

Jose Aldo, Mike Brown, Urijah, Miguel Torres, lol and even Gina Carano.