Who is the most feared striker in MMA?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who is the most feared striker in MMA?
« Previous Page
POLL: Most feared striker in MMA...
Anderson Silva 6% (4)
Chuck Liddell 27% (19)
Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic 61% (43)
GSP 0% (0)
Wanderlei Silva 4% (3)
Other.. 1% (1)
Rush
4/10/07 8:52:42PM
I picked Cro Cop. That man has done some massive damage to his opponents with his strikes than anyone else on the list.
FortySixBelow
4/10/07 9:02:30PM

Posted by Stickan

Sokoudjou!!

I actually think that the argument in terms of most 'feared' striker would hold up here...

See, everyone knows the relative strengths and weaknesses of the different fighters mentioned...yet we have a grand total of maybe 6 mins of film on this guy...

You pretty much have to be ready for anything and you know he packs a big punch and kick...
JBatch
4/10/07 9:53:34PM
HW- Cro Cop - Arlovski - Hunt
LHW- Liddell - Shogun - Sodokjou
MW- Silva - Kang - Kampmann
WW- GSP - Joslin - Serra?
LW- Yamamoto - Diaz - Gomi
chentay2112
4/10/07 10:11:19PM
if we're just going for strikers then it's got to be ARLOVSKI he is devastating based on pure striking....
Northrend
4/10/07 10:41:46PM
Crocop for me... he has got deadly leg kicks, body kicks and headkicks. When you fight Chuck the only thing people are afraid of lately is his hands. With CC if your hands are up to high Body kick if there to low Head kick. If there in a perfect position leg kick...and not to mention hes got as good TD defense as Chuck IMO.
Northrend
4/10/07 10:43:16PM

Posted by JBatch

Diaz over Gomi as a feared striker? Diaz striking is excellent but lacks the much needed power that Gomi has. If I was to fight both of em id be way more scared of Gomi on the feet then Diaz. Just my thoughts though.
JunCTion
4/10/07 11:40:08PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by We_Todd_Did

I voted CC, since we're talking about most FEARED striker.Liddell may be more likely to knock you out, but CC is more likely to leave ya eating through a straw.I don't fear being ko'ed as much as I fear being seriously maimed or disfigured.

I agree, feared is a whole different thing. If Chuck ( #2 most feared IMO) KO's somebosy i always expect them to wake up. With Cro-cop kicks sometimes I;m actually worried they won't.

i agree with you both. i would fear a LHK way more than a stiff jab to the nose.
but assuming i would wake up, i think id rather get KOd with 1 LHK than with 12 punches in succession and i think the recovery time would be much less.
rameydl8
4/11/07 1:26:23AM
id say chuck but cc is definately close behind
Mastodon2
4/11/07 4:23:41AM

Posted by gcraig22

Chuck Liddell is the most feared because he will hit you multiple times. In his fights the opponent isn't hit just one time, try 10-15 punches in a matter of seconds.

Which is exactly why he'd rank bhind Cro Cop. Just like Rampage showed, if you can weather the storm when Chuck starts throwing his combos, you can return the favour. If CC lands the LHK its over, no ifs, whens or buts. Unless you are Mark Hunt. But he has been voted by experts as having the best chin in MMA and kickboxing, and he has never been knocked out by anyone.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/11/07 6:01:51AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by gcraig22

Chuck Liddell is the most feared because he will hit you multiple times. In his fights the opponent isn't hit just one time, try 10-15 punches in a matter of seconds.

Which is exactly why he'd rank bhind Cro Cop. Just like Rampage showed, if you can weather the storm when Chuck starts throwing his combos, you can return the favour. If CC lands the LHK its over, no ifs, whens or buts. Unless you are Mark Hunt. But he has been voted by experts as having the best chin in MMA and kickboxing, and he has never been knocked out by anyone.

Whatever....im pretty sure Nick Diaz can take a LHK to the skull and still gogoplata his ass after
AchillesHeel
4/11/07 9:10:53AM

Posted by JBatch

coughDanHendersoncough
xchickox
4/11/07 1:33:07PM
i'd rate arlovski up there aswell
okayraf
4/12/07 10:19:42AM

Posted by Northrend

Posted by JBatch

Diaz over Gomi as a feared striker? Diaz striking is excellent but lacks the much needed power that Gomi has. If I was to fight both of em id be way more scared of Gomi on the feet then Diaz. Just my thoughts though.

i completely agree.
did you see the what nick's faced looked after they fought each other? It seriously looked like he got hit in the face by a shovel!

it just didnt look that diaz's punches were packing that much heat. as a matter of fact he had about 1 minute at the end round 1, when gomi just stoped defending himself, where he could have ended the fight. instead he landed his combos, but was not able to deliver a KO. Gomi on the other hand, even when he was to tired to keep his arms up, kept throwing those crazy haymakers; and i am pretty sure that if one of them were to have landed diaz would have been out.

Not to take away from Diaz's victory (at this particular fight he was the better fighter), but I'd still much rather get my ass gogoplata-ed out than be on the wrong end of gomi's punches.
pv3Hpv3p
4/12/07 11:48:16AM

Posted by okayraf

Posted by Northrend

Posted by JBatch

i completely agree.
did you see the what nick's faced looked after they fought each other? It seriously looked like he got hit in the face by a shovel!

it just didnt look that diaz's punches were packing that much heat. as a matter of fact he had about 1 minute at the end round 1, when gomi just stoped defending himself, where he could have ended the fight. instead he landed his combos, but was not able to deliver a KO. Gomi on the other hand, even when he was to tired to keep his arms up, kept throwing those crazy haymakers; and i am pretty sure that if one of them were to have landed diaz would have been out.

Not to take away from Diaz's victory (at this particular fight he was the better fighter), but I'd still much rather get my ass gogoplata-ed out than be on the wrong end of gomi's punches.

Gomi did land one bug shot... The big right that dropped Nick in the 1st, and Diaz recovered very quickly... Diaz is a tough kid and very difficult to KO... IMO, he peppers opponents with those combos because he's aware that he really doesn't have KO power but most of the time uses his style to break down opponents and set up the sub
AchillesHeel
4/12/07 12:07:57PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

[...]IMO, [Diaz] peppers opponents with those combos because he's aware that he really doesn't have KO power but most of the time uses his style to break down opponents and set up the sub

Actually, he does have decent power, with 7 wins by (T)KO against 5 by Submission. The problem was that he was consistently losing fights by Decision, because he was always looking to finish guys with something big. I didn't see his win over Steinbeiss, but I immediately noticed a dramatic change in his approach against Neer. He ended up winning that fight by submission, but he was peppering Neer with punches the whole time and would have won the Decision, if it had gone to one.

He's changed his strategy to score points until he can do something decisive, in case he can't do anything decisive. And of course, like you say, peppering a guy for a couple of rounds can wear him out and set up something.
amik
4/12/07 2:54:01PM
Bob Sapp... jajajajajajjajaa

I think in Chuck or Wand.
Pages: 1 [2]